+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I also wonder..why don't they implement electronic applications for citizenship like they did for Express Entry and visitor's visa applications? It could speed up the process.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
I also wonder..why don't they implement electronic applications for citizenship like they did for Express Entry and visitor's visa applications? It could speed up the process.
No idea.. it should indeed be electronic!! This way, no “lost” application . Besides, there should be some level of accountability ..which clearly there are none (just look at how hard it is to speak to an IRCC agents.. you either have to wait 30 min or they are not available). It’s not like citizenship is free.. it’s actually quite pricey .. and the unequal processing between application leaves to the whole experience a bitter aftertaste in the mouth . In reading some experiences in this forum, I find that scandalous that people born in certain countries ( not my case) have to endure tons of hardship.
If I do my petition , I will make sure to leave a link in the forum, lolol

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
No idea.. it should indeed be electronic!! This way, no “lost” application . Besides, there should be some level of accountability ..which clearly there are none (just look at how hard it is to speak to an IRCC agents.. you either have to wait 30 min or they are not available). It’s not like citizenship is free.. it’s actually quite pricey .. and the unequal processing between application leaves to the whole experience a bitter aftertaste in the mouth . In reading some experiences in this forum, I find that scandalous that people born in certain countries ( not my case) have to endure tons of hardship.
If I do my petition , I will make sure to leave a link in the forum, lolol
At the very minimum AOR process must come with strict timelines for agents. Secondly, I don't think that the information provided by IRCC agents on phone is very correct. At most it is very generic information and may be completely off from reality.

Reactions: nataliafrance

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
At the very minimum AOR process must come with strict timelines for agents. Secondly, I don't think that the information provided by IRCC agents on phone is very correct. At most it is very generic information and may be completely off from reality.
Yes!!! I agree that an application can take time depending on the scenarios at hand.. because some situations are more complex and do require lengthy review.. but AOR is the base, and does not require any deep investigation.. so everyone should get it with a similar timing.. vs some gets in 3 weeks and others are still waiting after 90 days +..

Reactions: SufferInCan

neerajsh2005

May 2, 2019
toronto
Hi,

Could anyone please add me in the sheet ?

App Sent: May 5th
App Received: May 7th
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1296 Days
AOR: July 27th
eCAS: July 28th
Test Invite: Pending
Test Date: Pending
Decision Made: Pending
Oath Invite: Pending
Citizenship Date: Pending

rushi29

Mar 16, 2016
Hello,

Below are my details. Haven't received AOR yet. Does anyone know roughly when should i expect to receive it.
Also, could anyone please add me to the sheet?

App Sent: May 13th
App Received: Not sure. May be 2-3 days later
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1130 days
AOR: Pending
eCAS: Pending
Test Invite: Pending
Test Date: Pending
Decision Made: Pending
Oath Invite: Pending
Citizenship Date: Pending

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
Hi,

I got AOR on 27th July, but the ECAS status is still showing App. Received. When does it change to In Progress ?
Looking at the April sheet, it looks like 30-45 days to change in In Progress. I think May sheet has some wrong data as people are changing to IP in one day.

neerajsh2005

May 2, 2019
toronto
Looking at the April sheet, it looks like 30-45 days to change in In Progress. I think May sheet has some wrong data as people are changing to IP in one day.

Ya, I think people updates In Progress in 1 day , thats why I was worried, why my status not updated yet.

I guess , people meant ECAS status app. recvd.

haXudon

May 31, 2015
wow everybody getting ECAS on the same day or the next day. to those who thinks they have ECAS IP, please confirm that the status is already IN PROGRESS or IN PROCESS instead of APPLICATION RECEIVED. thank you!

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
I just got an email reply from IRCC. there is still no trace of my application in their system yet although the package was delivered on May 8/2019

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I just got an email reply from IRCC. there is still no trace of my application in their system yet although the package was delivered on May 8/2019
Did u send via Canada Post Normal mail with no tracking?? If yest then would suggest send them another set of appli action with a covering letter and copy of the email. So that if they didnt receive your application they would atleast process this one. And this time send with tracking number.

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Did u send via Canada Post Normal mail with no tracking?? If yest then would suggest send them another set of appli action with a covering letter and copy of the email. So that if they didnt receive your application they would atleast process this one. And this time send with tracking number.
I used the Xpresspost service which has a tracking number. According to the Canada post tracking, the package was received already.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
I used the Xpresspost service which has a tracking number. According to the Canada post tracking, the package was received already.
I am in same boat as you ( though I suspect my application will be returned due to box not being checked off). I was told by IRCC agents NOT to send another application yet.. and to wait until September.. Not too sure what to do, sent webforms and calls..but part of me would like to just send another application. they have the payment, but it’s not connected to any application yet..

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
I’d say don’t get alarmed yet! I think responses to IRCC’s webform queries is made by people who take calls or other people who are at same level of knowledge as people who takes calls. IMO application will always be untraceable unless it had been entered into the system, in which case you would have received an AOR.