+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2019 Citizenship Application

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Your payment is good to resend your application,(they send back your payment paper) you just need to correct the mistake if you had in the application and reprint that page and send it again. But if I were you I would not worry if your application was received on may 13 it is fine in terms of completeness as they would have returned it long time ago. They just returned one application which was received in June 17 so if you had a mistake you would have had application returned already. wait for a while and you will receive your AOL soon.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Your payment is good to resend your application,(they send back your payment paper) you just need to correct the mistake if you had in the application and reprint that page and send it again. But if I were you I would not worry if your application was received on may 13 it is fine in terms of completeness as they would have returned it long time ago. They just returned one application which was received in June 17 so if you had a mistake you would have had application returned already. wait for a while and you will receive your AOL soon.
I know it’s coming from a good place but your statement is wrong. There is NO way to know if the application is complete unless you have received the AOR..
It is expected (although unfair) that certain application gets a faster processing.. which explains why some june applicants have received an update when others who applied earlier are still in the dark.
As I have mentioned earlier, it is apparently normal if no aor received for May applicants as CIC is still working april and May applications

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Process is like this:
1 step: Preliminary Checking for errors and they are on June 17th ( this is done by different team)
2 Step: after preliminary checks Documents are sitting on immigration officer's table to be picked up ( this takes long time in General)
3 Step: once Immigration officer puts the info in the system it needs 2 week to send out AORs.

there is not way that May 13 application has not finished Preliminary Checks.

theduy

Aug 22, 2015
[UPDATED]
App Sent: May 5th
App Received: May 7th
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1095 Days
AOR: July 24th
eCAS: July 25th
Test Invite: Pending
Test Date: Pending
Decision Made: Pending
Oath Invite: Pending
Citizenship Date: Pending

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
Process is like this:
1 step: Preliminary Checking for errors and they are on June 17th ( this is done by different team)
2 Step: after preliminary checks Documents are sitting on immigration officer's table to be picked up ( this takes long time in General)
3 Step: once Immigration officer puts the info in the system it needs 2 week to send out AORs.

I hope what you have mentioned is true :) my application was delivered on 15-May and I am also waiting to hear from IRCC.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Process is like this:

Where do you get this information ?! It’s spreading false hope/ information. It totally contradicts what IRCC agents told me .. which is that there could be various reasons explaining why some applications received later could be processed before others received earlier:
Here are are 2 factors as an example
1) human factor: agents working on your case: some agents works faster than other, or some agents are more lenient than others ( so what could potentially be a mistake, they will let it fly and not return your applications) ; or some agents could be on vacation and your application is sitting on their desk (ircc mentioned that, which to me is insane, but apparently is occurring)
2) location where your application is processed

To recap, although it is unfair, you have to keep in mind that CIC is not always processing applications in a strict chronological order.

dream_Can

Star Member
Oct 5, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent vd docs
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2016
Can i apply for citizenship with expired passports or should i have a valid passport to apply for citizenship. Thanks in advance for your help please.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Where do you get this information ?! It’s spreading false hope/ information. It totally contradicts what IRCC agents told me .. which is that there could be various reasons explaining why some applications received later could be processed before others received earlier:
Here are are 2 factors as an example
1) human factor: agents working on your case: some agents works faster than other, or some agents are more lenient than others ( so what could potentially be a mistake, they will let it fly and not return your applications) ; or some agents could be on vacation and your application is sitting on their desk (ircc mentioned that, which to me is insane, but apparently is occurring)
2) location where your application is processed

To recap, although it is unfair, you have to keep in mind that CIC is not always processing applications in a strict chronological order.
i totally agree with you. Last week, two applicants with application received dates in the middle of April got their applications returned ( after 90+ days wait). I am also a late April applicant but fortunately received my AOR last week. Bottom line is there is no safe zone until you receive that AOR email. I had also called the cic office end of July and they said they are still processing applications received after mid April all the way to June 5th and that I had to be patient. I asked what the chances were that my application was returned and they said it’s very likely it’s not even opened yet!

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Process is like this:

Dude, My application was delivered on May 8/2019. Yet I still got no AOR.

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
i totally agree with you. Last week, two applicants with application received dates in the middle of April got their applications returned ( after 90+ days wait). I am also a late April applicant but fortunately received my AOR last week. Bottom line is there is no safe zone until you receive that AOR email. I had also called the cic office end of July and they said they are still processing applications received after mid April all the way to June 5th and that I had to be patient. I asked what the chances were that my application was returned and they said it’s very likely it’s not even opened yet!
This whole process is so biased against applicants! Even a small oversight in filling forms doesn’t go unpunished and these IRCC officers have no deadlines for working on applications. At the very least they could be considerate enough to return the applications within 90 days!

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
This whole process is so biased against applicants! Even a small oversight in filling forms doesn’t go unpunished and these IRCC officers have no deadlines for working on applications. At the very least they could be considerate enough to return the applications within 90 days!
Exactly! I sometimes want to create a petition just to point out how terrible is this process . I may become a victim of this in-equal treatment and will not be able to reuse my application because they sat on it and pasted the 90 days deadline. I understand they can be slow, but it is unacceptable that they allow unequal processing time in returning applications..

Reactions: ajanarth

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ: 22-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Hi all,

I recently change my province from BC to Ontario and also changed the address with CIC. Do you think its going to impact my processing time ? I already have AOR on 26 July.

Thanks

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Exactly! I sometimes want to create a petition just to point out how terrible is this process . I may become a victim of this in-equal treatment and will not be able to reuse my application because they sat on it and pasted the 90 days deadline. I understand they can be slow, but it is unacceptable that they allow unequal processing time in returning applications..
Count me in, moreover letting people apply the citizenship online without needing to send paper application should be no brainer. The system exists as the permanent resident applications are digitalized. the way IRCC treats citizenship applicants like telling someone you guys do same job same role but one will get their pay 1st other will on 31st cause they payroll system works random.