+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

ArviP91

Dec 3, 2019
Hello All,

My AOR is 24th May 2019. FSW- Inland (Ottawa).

I called the immigration department on 12th March (yesterday) to check the status and they informed me that It has been approved and I have been sent the landing appointment email. But to my surprise, I was not expecting that as my online status still shows everything under process !! Also, I have not received the email yet.

This morning I called them again double checking the things and was told that Yes, it has been approved and just submit a web form requesting to resend the email. I have done that.

My worry is that what if don't receive the email before the scheduled appointment day, what should I do ? I asked same to the agent over the call and they said I can just visit the centre on appointment day and explain the situation, they will help me out. This doesn't make me confident lol.

Also, is my PR approved lol ? I am not able to digest it.
Yes, looks like your PR is approved. Do you know when and where the appointment is scheduled for ? If yes, then u can do as they say and visit the centre and explain them the situation.

Before all that, check the spam and trash folders of your email to see if you received the email.

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Do we get health card immediately post landing, I am landing in Toronto on March 20th and from there have connecting flight to Saskatoon, as we are settling in Saskatoon. After landing we directly head towards home and we wont come out till 14 days(Self Quarantine/Self Isolation).

I have few questions, Could anyone help me on these please :

1. When do we get health card ?
2. How to take new phone connection ?

We are planning to isolate at home for 14 days so after landing at airport after taking SIN, can we take phone connection at airport. We are travelling from India, so can we use our country network for initial days.

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018
Yes, looks like your PR is approved. Do you know when and where the appointment is scheduled for ? If yes, then u can do as they say and visit the centre and explain them the situation.

Before all that, check the spam and trash folders of your email to see if you received the email.
Hello, Yes I know the interview scheduled day and time. Also, I received the email last night which confirms everything. Thank you.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
ITA - 3rd APR 2019 | AOR - 19th May 2019 | VO - Montreal | MEP/BIL - 27th June 2019 | Biometrics Completed - Not required | BGC Status Change ("We are Processing Your Background" to "Your Application is in Progress")
Its been more than 9 months and I am still waiting for update on my application. No body is answering properly. Even cic guys syas application is in progress?
Is there anyone whose application is [processing at Montreal Office?????
Can anyone help on this??
Mine was processed in Montreal... check my timeline

Reactions: a_98

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello All,

My AOR is 24th May 2019. FSW- Inland (Ottawa).

I called the immigration department on 12th March (yesterday) to check the status and they informed me that It has been approved and I have been sent the landing appointment email. But to my surprise, I was not expecting that as my online status still shows everything under process !! Also, I have not received the email yet.

This morning I called them again double checking the things and was told that Yes, it has been approved and just submit a web form requesting to resend the email. I have done that.

My worry is that what if don't receive the email before the scheduled appointment day, what should I do ? I asked same to the agent over the call and they said I can just visit the centre on appointment day and explain the situation, they will help me out. This doesn't make me confident lol.

Also, is my PR approved lol ? I am not able to digest it.
Of course it's approved. Don't expect your account to be updated until a few weeks after you become a PR.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Do we get health card immediately post landing, I am landing in Toronto on March 20th and from there have connecting flight to Saskatoon, as we are settling in Saskatoon. After landing we directly head towards home and we wont come out till 14 days(Self Quarantine/Self Isolation).

We are planning to isolate at home for 14 days so after landing at airport after taking SIN, can we take phone connection at airport. We are travelling from India, so can we use our country network for initial days.
1.- You need to apply for your Health Card on the internet you don't just get it (need to create an account and prove your address and status in Canada), the processing takes about 20 business days (about a month).... Google it you'll be able to find it (eHealth Saskatchewan).
2.- New phone connection? I am assuming you mean a cell phone (easy just get a sim card), if you mean landline you'll have to find a company, sign a contract and make an appointment for the installation.

hbv_9

Aug 16, 2018

Of course it's approved. Don't expect your account to be updated until a few weeks after you become a PR.
Thank You

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I got COPR, and now I am travelling to Canada on March 19th...So now I am not allowed to enter Canada as per the new Canada restrictions by Canada Government ?

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I got COPR, and now I am travelling to Canada on March 19th...So now I am not allowed to enter Canada as per the new Canada restrictions by Canada Government ?
Hi,

Unfortunately that seems to be true. I found this on the Facebook group for Express Entry and hope it helps:

**************************************************************************************************************************************
Permanent residence applicants who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) and inform us, by submitting a web form to IRCC, that they are unable to travel within the validity of their documentation should be processed as follows:

Valid COPR and PRV:
In an effort to reduce the number of cancelled COPRs and PRVs, IRCC will place a note in your file explaining that the applicant is unable to travel, and the file should be brought forward to the expiration date of the COPR and PRV. If the applicant informs IRCC that they can travel prior to the COPR and PRV expiration, they are encouraged to use their existing COPR and PRV to land.

Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are instructed to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days. once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is obviously an unfortunate situation but given what's going in the world, also a necessity. You should also reach out to the IRCC and confirm what's the process now. I actually received my passport and CoPR this Friday and fearing exactly a situation like this I decided to drive to Vancouver and completed my landing on Saturday. So I just about managed to get in. But I am lucky, I live in Seattle so I actually had the option to drive. There are several people who have to put their life on hold because of this. Hopefully the virus gets contained soon and the borders open once again. Till then, please don't lost heart, keep faith and please be safe.

Reactions: nns14

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Same situation. My family cant enter canada because of this. Question guys,,is holding a copr considered as a PR ?

Also i couldnt get a landing appointment because ircc already cancelled in-person interview. Is going to the border still possible? I am here in PEI..

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
oh god....yes you can't enter Canada after March 18

this is so unlucky...just one day ~

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Same situation. My family cant enter canada because of this. Question guys,,is holding a copr considered as a PR ?

Also i couldnt get a landing appointment because ircc already cancelled in-person interview. Is going to the border still possible? I am here in PEI..

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated
COPR is not a PR ...unfortunately, everything need to delay now :(

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Can people who have got their passports stamped travel to Canada, as the PM has announced that only citizens and PR's are allowed to enter Canada..so the ban applies on people who have to land or not!

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Can people who have got their passports stamped travel to Canada, as the PM has announced that only citizens and PR's are allowed to enter Canada..so the ban applies on people who have to land or not!
If you haven't completed your landing - then you are not considered a Permanent Resident and will not be allowed to enter Canada. That's my understanding.