+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

navipawar

Dec 14, 2019
AOR - 19 MAY 19

Got the same following reply after another webform raised by me

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

Your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
The background verifications are in process.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed

Can a background check take this long? My husband is merchant navy officer and has a very extensive travel history. Will they be verifying each and every stamp on his 3 passport booklets? Can this be the reason behind the delay?

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
AOR - 19 MAY 19

Your file is currently located at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed

Can a background check take this long? My husband is merchant navy officer and has a very extensive travel history. Will they be verifying each and every stamp on his 3 passport booklets? Can this be the reason behind the delay?
Yes and No. With a long travel history your background check does take longer but there are plenty of us here who not have such an extensive travel history as your husband and our background checks are in process as well. So the reason for the delay may not necessarily be the extensive travel history - it may simply be because no one has picked up your file.

Reactions: navipawar

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi! I'm new here.

AOR May 23, 2019
Biometrics Request/ Medical Passed July 4, 2019

** SILENCE**

I requested a status update in December and got the same reply as above :(

I haven't even had a ghost update since July 4- to the extent that my checklist still says that they need biometrics. I submitted biometrics on July 17, 2019. It shows the biometrics details on top but still no update on checklist :(

I applied when I was still in the US. I was hoping that PPR would come through before my US visa ran out. Nothing happened. I had to move back to India. Just sitting here waiting and getting anxious.
I would request CBSA notes. It will give you insight on what is going on. My application AOR may 27th 2019. I got request for biometrics on 7/9/19 and gave my biometrics on 7/24/19. Then it Was very silent after that. I ordered my CBSA notes on 11/4/19. Received them a month later and It said the biometrics require assessment and my son medical require assessment and a lot more information.

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes and No. With a long travel history your background check does take longer but there are plenty of us here who not have such an extensive travel history as your husband and our background checks are in process as well. So the reason for the delay may not necessarily be the extensive travel history - it may simply be because no one has picked up your file.
I agree! Me and my spouse doesn't have extensive travel history either but it takes them too long. 10 more days and I'll hit 8 months LOL

navipawar

Dec 14, 2019
I really wish someone blows the dust off my file and finally start some work on it. No update after additional document request on 22 nov. requested for GCMS notes on 24th Dec. Maybe that will help clarify the situation.

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
8 month passed yesterday. Background in progress for half a year. CEC Sydney
lol
AOR - 19 MAY 19

Eligibility and security are the final two steps. Hopefully you receive PPR soon. Since it is in CPC and an officer is actively handling your case that's a very good sign. IRCC generic response is "your case is waiting in line to be reviewed by an officer".
security can take anywhere between a few days to over a year if they decided to do the enhanced security screening (God forbid) .

navipawar

Dec 14, 2019
Eligibility and security are the final two steps. Hopefully you receive PPR soon. security can take anywhere between a few days to over a year if they decided to do the enhanced security screening (God forbid) .
Do they tell you that you are the chosen one for enhanced security screening? Hopefully GCMS will help me figure out...

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
my security is not even started yet after 8 months of AOR...WTF?!

I am tired of Sydney IRCC...very irresponsible

It is just a simple Police Certificate and my file assigned to Sydney (Because need to mail to CIO office)

navipawar

Dec 14, 2019
my security is not even started yet after 8 months of AOR...WTF?!

I am tired of Sydney IRCC...very irresponsible

It is just a simple Police Certificate and my file assigned to Sydney (Because need to mail to CIO office)
Does it say so on your timeline? Security not started yet.