+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
I've been feeling the same as you guys, everything you're saying is echoing my sentiments exactly.

The lack of information and a timeline also adds to the frustration, because unfortunately we don't have an ETA to look forward to and at least let us know what and when to expect news.

This process is really teaching me to be patient.
And teaches you to panic at the same time
This is craaaaazy!

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I've been feeling the same as you guys, everything you're saying is echoing my sentiments exactly.

The lack of information and a timeline also adds to the frustration, because unfortunately we don't have an ETA to look forward to and at least let us know what and when to expect news.

This process is really teaching me to be patient.
Yes, cuz I heard scary news that some people wait up to 1 year or some good news people get it around 8 months

My plan is screw because I don't know about my life's timeline...I wish IRCC can be more transparent on each office's timeline

for example: Ottawa - 6 months, Sydney - 8 months, New Delhi - 9 months etc

saying 80% is under 6 months and 20% is more just make me sick and laugh...

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I believe it only takes 1 senior VO to review our application... I understand that they may be under manpower or let's say sloooow. But can't they pick-up and prioritize those that are passed 6 months?! :/

My Post-grad work permit is expiring on April and I have a spouse under me. I sometimes panic thinking if my PPR will not come by April I will have to apply for the BOWP for me and for my husband. Aside from that I have to update our SIN and medical services plan. too much hassle.

But, despite of these waiting...I'm still hopeful, we can get our PPR sooooon!
It okay...I already go through that

you can apply your BOWP one day before your PGWP expire and you will go to Implied status for about 3 months...worst case it is just money and time to go renew health card and SIN.

I believe by the time you should receive your PR...I think End of January and February is our time

ViniB

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
This morning I woke up with the landing interview email. It has been scheduled to Ottawa even though my VO is Montréal, for this Saturday. So now I have to plan to how get to Ottawa on Saturday morning.

My timeline:

ITA - May 1st
AOR - May 6th
MEP - June 14th

HUUUUUUUUGE SILENCE

Ghost Update - Somewhere around the second week of December
Ghost Update 2 - Somewhere around the third week of December
RPRF - requested on Dec 31 (yeah....) and paid on Jan 5
Landing interview email - Jan 14

rcsan

Feb 22, 2019
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and update you guys on how my applications are going.
(CEC - Inland, VO: Sydney, NS)

AOR - May 17, 2019
MEP - June 28, 2019

*SILENCE*

Raised a webform last week and received this e-mail yesterday:
Jan 14 2020

Good day;

In response to your enquiry regarding the status of your permanent residence application;

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review of an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Thank you,

GL

Client Service Unit

Central Intake Office

AND
this e-mail the day BEFORE:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER APPLICATION:
(Ontario PNP - Inland, VO: Sydney, NS)

AOR - May 1, 2019
Medical Request - October 15, 2019
Medical Passed - November 20, 2019
Additional Document Request: November 21, 2019
Additional Document Submitted: Sometime on the 2nd week of December
Ghost Update: 3rd week of December

*SILENCE*

Raised a webform yesterday and received this response yesterday:

Good day,

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Since it was received on May 1, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - still no PPR.
Also, leaving the country for a week.

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
When I called CALLCENTRE...The agent told me that Eligibility is met and Background, Security and Criminality passed and also the agent did inform me that the file got updated on Jan 7th and on the same day when I logged in my EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE there was a GHOST UPDATE...So hopefully I should get PPR mail in couple of crossdays..Fingers crossed
I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING ONE THING HERE...WHEN ELIGIBILITY IS MET AND EVERYTHING IS PASSED..WHY DID I RECEIVE A MESSAGE TO DO MEDICALS AGAIN..JUST COUPLE OF HOURS BACK I GOT MESSAGES IN MY EE PROFILE AND MESSAGES WERE LIKE " These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required." I Dnt know what's happening...

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Friends...I have a BIG CONCERN here

I got a ghost update in my profile on Jan 7th and when I spoke to IRCC agent on Jan 10th the lady informed me that Eligibility is met,. Background, Security and Criminality is passed and I was expecting the Golden email in this week so to my shock rather than surprise i received the message in my EE profile to take medical examination and my medicals are expiring on March 14th...kindly anyone help me on this thing I mean why now medicals after every stage is passed is my concern now

jasjeetmavi

May 21, 2019
Hi all,

I am May 16 AOR, FSW-Inland with Sydney VO. Call centre confirmed that file was not touched for 4 months in December and created a status update ticket for assigned visa officer.

Today I finally received a ghost update. So hopefully a decision in upcoming week or so.

For those who got PPR inland, how many days do we get to respond? My passport is currently being renewed and might take another week - 2 weeks.

In case I get PPR before that, are we able to reschedule interview?

PerlMoon

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Friends...I have a BIG CONCERN here

I got a ghost update in my profile on Jan 7th and when I spoke to IRCC agent on Jan 10th the lady informed me that Eligibility is met,. Background, Security and Criminality is passed and I was expecting the Golden email in this week so to my shock rather than surprise i received the message in my EE profile to take medical examination and my medicals are expiring on March 14th...kindly anyone help me on this thing I mean why now medicals after every stage is passed is my concern now
Just do your medical omg. 200 bucks do not worth the hassle

jasjeetmavi

May 21, 2019
Hi all,

I am May 16 AOR, FSW-Inland with Sydney VO. Call centre confirmed that file was not touched for 4 months in December and created a status update ticket for assigned visa officer.

Today I finally received a ghost update. So hopefully a decision in upcoming week or so.

For those who got PPR inland, how many days do we get to respond? My passport is currently being renewed and might take another week - 2 weeks.

In case I get PPR before that, are we able to reschedule interview?
Got Passport request around 5:00pm today.

Reactions: pinolero85

ArviP91

Dec 3, 2019
Yes, cuz I heard scary news that some people wait up to 1 year or some good news people get it around 8 months

My plan is screw because I don't know about my life's timeline...I wish IRCC can be more transparent on each office's timeline

for example: Ottawa - 6 months, Sydney - 8 months, New Delhi - 9 months etc

saying 80% is under 6 months and 20% is more just make me sick and laugh...
My centre is Ottawa, and it's way past 7 months now. There is ZERO certainty about timeline.

MR1715

Jan 14, 2020
Hi all,

Just wanted to drop in and update you guys on how my applications are going.
(CEC - Inland, VO: Sydney, NS)

AOR - May 17, 2019
MEP - June 28, 2019

*SILENCE*

Raised a webform last week and received this e-mail yesterday:
Jan 14 2020

Good day;

In response to your enquiry regarding the status of your permanent residence application;

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review of an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Thank you,

GL

Client Service Unit

Central Intake Office

AND
this e-mail the day BEFORE:

Good day,

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER APPLICATION:
(Ontario PNP - Inland, VO: Sydney, NS)

AOR - May 1, 2019
Medical Request - October 15, 2019
Medical Passed - November 20, 2019
Additional Document Request: November 21, 2019
Additional Document Submitted: Sometime on the 2nd week of December
Ghost Update: 3rd week of December

*SILENCE*

Raised a webform yesterday and received this response yesterday:

Good day,

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Since it was received on May 1, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR - still no PPR.
Also, leaving the country for a week.

Hi! I'm new here.

AOR May 23, 2019
Biometrics Request/ Medical Passed July 4, 2019

** SILENCE**

I requested a status update in December and got the same reply as above :(

I haven't even had a ghost update since July 4- to the extent that my checklist still says that they need biometrics. I submitted biometrics on July 17, 2019. It shows the biometrics details on top but still no update on checklist :(

I applied when I was still in the US. I was hoping that PPR would come through before my US visa ran out. Nothing happened. I had to move back to India. Just sitting here waiting and getting anxious.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi! I'm new here.

AOR May 23, 2019
Biometrics Request/ Medical Passed July 4, 2019

** SILENCE**

I requested a status update in December and got the same reply as above :(

I haven't even had a ghost update since July 4- to the extent that my checklist still says that they need biometrics. I submitted biometrics on July 17, 2019. It shows the biometrics details on top but still no update on checklist :(

I applied when I was still in the US. I was hoping that PPR would come through before my US visa ran out. Nothing happened. I had to move back to India. Just sitting here waiting and getting anxious.
Hmmm probably your application hasn't even been opened yet. You could call the IRCC (using the TextNow app) and see if they can provide any reason why your biometrics status hasn't changed to completed yet or any other reason your application hasn't moved forward. Chances are you will get the standard generic response that you got from the Webform but there isn't much that can be done apart from that. You could also order GCMS notes but those take 30 days and often get delayed insignificantly - so in the short term calling GCMS might give you some sort of an idea about where your application is.

MR1715

Jan 14, 2020
Hmmm probably your application hasn't even been opened yet. You could call the IRCC (using the TextNow app) and see if they can provide any reason why your biometrics status hasn't changed to completed yet or any other reason your application hasn't moved forward. Chances are you will get the standard generic response that you got from the Webform but there isn't much that can be done apart from that. You could also order GCMS notes but those take 30 days and often get delayed insignificantly - so in the short term calling GCMS might give you some sort of an idea about where your application is.
I will definitely contact them!

I did file a Webform inquiry in August and received a confirmation from them that they have everything need, including biometrics.

I am just so disappointed in all this :(

Sep 6, 2019
One of my friend who has AOR 2 june got PPR mail today.. i m still wating AOR 26 may. We got ITA on same day 3rd April..