+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

IhsanMalik

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
It's London, Ontario.
Thanks.

I tried to call IRCC yesterday but there was automated reply that " due to the load these days they are unable to attend calls".

Will try again tomorrow.

Waiting and waiting. Now will finish 7 months in next three days and there is nothing can be done......

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks.

I tried to call IRCC yesterday but there was automated reply that " due to the load these days they are unable to attend calls".

Will try again tomorrow.

Waiting and waiting. Now will finish 7 months in next three days and there is nothing can be done......

Correct! They are taking calls today FYI

Last edited:
Reactions: IhsanMalik

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't know what to tell you guys, we're all in the same boat.

I have to say, I wasn't that stressed about the application while the 6 months were passing, but now that i'm beyond it, it's hard not to be anxious.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I called the CIC again today to follow up on my application. I had sent them additional documents a couple of weeks ago to support my application through a webform and received a confirmation from them that they have received the additional documents and forwarded it to the visa office last Thursday. Today another call and my application hasn't really moved at all. "Eligibility not met i.e. still under review, criminality passed, security not started." Closing in on 7 months now (AOR - May 14). Have a sinking feeling that this could be a long wait.

I also asked them about my Visa Office and their response was "your application is being processed by a central processing office, its not a local visa office." I am not really sure what that means. Does anyone have any idea what that would mean? They did say the office is located in Canada but its not a local visa office.
It means your file is processing at infamous Centralised intake Office, it is in Sydney, NS. Local Office mean Ottawa, Vancouver, Edmonton etc...

everyone is this office is being untouched now...so it is normal and wait wait wait (i wonder how many people are working in PR Department there)

Last edited:

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Just now, I got a reply for the WebForm I raised Sunday night...VO Sydney...smh

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I guess their system will automatically send this reply to everyone who asks about their status.

Keyword: status, slow, pass the deadline, follow up etc.....

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I don't know what to tell you guys, we're all in the same boat.

I have to say, I wasn't that stressed about the application while the 6 months were passing, but now that i'm beyond it, it's hard not to be anxious.
I agree. I would barely even look at my application while it was still within 6 months thinking if they need anything they will simply send a message as they said. But now that I am closing upon 7 months, I wake up everyday wondering if somehow my application has got sucked into a blackhole.

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
It means your file is processing infamous Sydney Centralised intake Office, it is in Sydney, NS. Local Office mean Ottawa, Vancouver, Edmonton etc...

everyone is this office is being untouched now...so it is normal and wait wait wait (i wonder how many people working on PR Department there)
Lol thanks for letting me know. That makes a lot of sense and I am actually a bit relieved. I mean it sucks that we are all stuck but at least it looks more of a "It's you, not me" scenario lo.

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
Just now, I got a reply for the WebForm I raised Sunday night...VO Sydney...smh

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Had the same response from Vancouver Office as well.

My status say recommended pass as well and security in progress since Sept 25 and looks like no one touched the file ever since. Sept 25th is the first time they touched the file since AOR (May 2nd). It looks like they just need to touch the file.

Joe44

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
I got email at an hour ago for landing appointment for confirmation of permanent residence for jan 07 in Edmonton. Aor may 18 Cec, visa office etobicoke
Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Kayne

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Had the same response from Vancouver Office as well.

My status say recommended pass as well and security in progress since Sept 25 and looks like no one touched the file ever since. Sept 25th is the first time they touched the file since AOR (May 2nd). It looks like they just need to touch the file.
I had a similar experience.. applied 30th May, the file was untouched until 13th August, first and the last update(MEP)...that's it

P776

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
- My AOR: 14th May (6 months completed on November 14th)
- Type: CEC
- Medical passed in June
- Office: Sydney (Nova Scotia)
- Raised webform on 14 November to ask the status - got reply on 21st November saying that the request has been sent to case officer (standard reply that everyone of you got too)
- Called CIC call center 2 days back. The agent told that the review os pending and so eligibility is pending (nothing else is initiated (like background check, etc.)
In short just medical pass so far and stuck in eligibility
- Yesterday, received following email from CIC (I think, it is reply to my webform request from the case office)

In response to your enquiry regarding the status of your permanent residence application;

Please be advised that our office is unable to provide an exact time frame for processing of your application at CIO-Sydney. Your application is awaiting review of an officer. Nothing further is required at this time. If anything is required in the future, you will be contacted.”

Question to you friends:

Do I need to worry here or should I just ignore it as a standard reply?
Does this reply indicate that my application is really going to take very long time?

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
- My AOR: 14th May (6 months completed on November 14th)
- Type: CEC
- Medical passed in June
- Office: Sydney (Nova Scotia)
- Raised webform on 14 November to ask the status - got reply on 21st November saying that the request has been sent to case officer (standard reply that everyone of you got too)
- Called CIC call center 2 days back. The agent told that the review os pending and so eligibility is pending (nothing else is initiated (like background check, etc.)
In short just medical pass so far and stuck in eligibility
- Yesterday, received following email from CIC (I think, it is reply to my webform request from the case office)

In response to your enquiry regarding the status of your permanent residence application;

Please be advised that our office is unable to provide an exact time frame for processing of your application at CIO-Sydney. Your application is awaiting review of an officer. Nothing further is required at this time. If anything is required in the future, you will be contacted.”

Question to you friends:

Do I need to worry here or should I just ignore it as a standard reply?
Does this reply indicate that my application is really going to take very long time?
It's a standard response. Wish I had a more encouraging response but from what I have gathered the Sydney office is infamous for delays in processing time so it's nothing new. We are all stuck in the same boat. Your AOR is the same as mine (14th May) and I have given them a call twice as well in the past month with a similar update "Eligibility under review, criminality passed or valid, security not started." So we wait. And wait.