+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I have a doubt here...Do we get mail if the status gets changed...What I am thinking is if there is any kind of change in the application we receive a notification in the mail...Let me know because its a big hell whenever I try to login it takes lot of time and every time the home page appear again I have to give credentials every now and then..So do we have to login everytime to see the ghost update or do we get the notification to our mail...
By definition, you don't receive an e-mail confirmation when you have a ghost update.

That's why they call it a ghost update, you don't see any traces of it on your account or receive any notification by mail, it only shows up when you log into your account, and it shows that your application status is updated. But the next time you log in, it will revert to submitted.

That means there's been an update on your file. At this point in time, i.e. for those who are past the 6 month mark, it will usually mean PPR is on the way.

Reactions: Mahal03

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Once 6 month mark is crossed it shows as "20% of the applications are more complex...." and that's generic message and not a GU, even for me it's the same thing.
Hey even for me the interface got changed when I logged in and checked earlier there was no such thing now it's showing as
"Latest update
Review of medical results - June 12, 2019
."

Also as you said it's showing 100 % complete in the bar...Can anyone suggest what kind of update is this...because till yday there was no change and today there was a change like I said above in Bold.

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
The same thing happened to me too. At the same time, status also changed from submitted to application/profile updated. Does that mean a ghost update?
For me the interface got changed when I logged in and checked earlier there was no such thing now it's showing as in bold
"Latest update
."

Also it's showing 100 % complete in the bar...Can anyone suggest what kind of update is this...because till yday there was no change and today there was a change like I said above in Bold.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
For me the interface got changed when I logged in and checked earlier there was no such thing now it's showing as in bold
"Latest update
."

Also it's showing 100 % complete in the bar...Can anyone suggest what kind of update is this...because till yday there was no change and today there was a change like I said above in Bold.
everyone got this interface changed and nothing major

Dejavu_44

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Hey even for me the interface got changed when I logged in and checked earlier there was no such thing now it's showing as
"Latest update
."

Also as you said it's showing 100 % complete in the bar...Can anyone suggest what kind of update is this...because till yday there was no change and today there was a change like I said above in Bold.
Yea same for me and it also include this paragraph at the end

* The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors. This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application.”

oznkmine

Sep 16, 2017
Yea same for me and it also include this paragraph at the end

* The estimated processing time may change depending on how many applications we receive and other factors. This progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application.”
Yeah I have the same and wanna know what they wanna say whether Pr is coming or not

oznkmine

Sep 16, 2017
Hi guys!
Received an email ftom my visa office. I sent them an email asking for detailed information about my application and this is what ive got from them..

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application is queued for the review of a migration officer. We regret that we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the completion of this process but be assured that once the review is completed, we will advise you in writing if additional information and/or documents will be required.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding while you wait to hear more from our office.

What does this mean? Are they done with my application and they just need yo review? Any thought?
Thank you
From which email address did you use for it ? I also wanna send them an email instead of calling. Let me know please

faridbaig

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
So do we need to consider this change as a progressive move in our applications ?
No - I think they just changed the interface for all applicants, it doesn't mean anything in terms of progress for your application. Unfortunately it means we are still in the same boat.

DreamingMachine

Oct 9, 2019
So do we need to consider this change as a progressive move in our applications ?
I don't believe this is necessarily a progressive move for specific applications.

For me all these updates on the interface seem to be a response from IRCC. I think they are getting a lot of web forms and calls lately. So they want to make it obvious on the screen about the latest update and completion dates.

Reactions: Wishcan

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
I have sent a web inquiry on November 26th and received a response on December 2nd.

Then today, I received an email which I was not really expecting.

CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC) <IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 10:47 AM

Dec 04 2019

Good day,

In response to your enquiry regarding the status of your permanent residence application;

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review of an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Thank you,

GL

Client Service Unit

Central Intake Office

Is this legit????

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I have sent a web inquiry on November 26th and received a response on December 2nd.

Then today, I received an email which I was not really expecting.

CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC) <IRCC.CECSCDoNotReply-NePasRepondreCSCEC.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 10:47 AM

Dec 04 2019

Good day,

In response to your enquiry regarding the status of your permanent residence application;

Please be advised that your application is awaiting review of an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Thank you,

GL

Client Service Unit

Central Intake Office

Is this legit????
Yes it is legit and reply from CIO

however, this message doesn't create any significant meaning. I received the same reply from CIO back to Nov 12 and and I am still waiting today

drew123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Yes it is legit and reply from CIO

however, this message doesn't create any significant meaning. I received the same reply from CIO back to Nov 12 and and I am still waiting today
Oh! I thought it's a good sign :(

Did you ever call IRCC to ask for an update regarding your application?

As per the agent's response to me in December 2nd: The security background verification has not been initiated.The criminal background verification is in process.

I'm reading some other forums that the security check is the last stage.

Hope we'll get our PPR soon!

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I don't believe this is necessarily a progressive move for specific applications.

For me all these updates on the interface seem to be a response from IRCC. I think they are getting a lot of web forms and calls lately. So they want to make it obvious on the screen about the latest update and completion dates.
Okay, I thought that might be any kind of update by the way I have raised a webform on Nov 22nd and till now I haven't received any response from them and on Nov 27th I did call to IRCC and the agent did mention that Criminal ity is passed and security check is in process and he did mentioned that as 6 month mark is over he sent a request to Sydney VO and said I would receive a communication from them within 30 days. He was very kind enough to give the necessary information whatever I asked him.

So now my question is as I did make a call to IRCC and the agent spoke to me is this the reason I didnot receive any response to my mail from the WEBFORM which I requested. Any thoughts on this please !!!