+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******MAY 2018******OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

CANA2000

Oct 21, 2018
We received our pre-arrival letter October 2nd and today they sent a request for an interview to see if our marriage relation is genuine... My husband is also Algerian. My understanding was that once you receive the pre-arrival no interview is needed, so this came as a huge surprise to us. Is this a formality for Algerian spouses or is it a relationship assessment interview? Is this normal? If anyone could provide us with any advice, We really don’t know what to expect anymore.

amandafreed

Jul 31, 2018
We received our pre-arrival letter October 2nd and today they sent a request for an interview to see if our marriage relation is genuine... My husband is also Algerian. My understanding was that once you receive the pre-arrival no interview is needed, so this came as a huge surprise to us. Is this a formality for Algerian spouses or is it a relationship assessment interview? Is this normal? If anyone could provide us with any advice, We really don’t know what to expect anymore.
Usually, pre arrival letter is sent if background checking also started. I think if the immigration officer who handles your application is quite strict with proof of relationship documents, then they might ask further documents or might need an interview. Especially when you’re newly wed or not more than 2 years married I guess. BUT dont worry maybe they just need to assess it further. Just answer their questions genuinely as well regarding your relationship. Everything will be fine. Keep your hopes up.

Reactions: CANA2000

graceday1

Mar 19, 2019
App. Filed.......
16-05-2018
Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some advice from the community here. My app was received on May 16, 2018. Since then I have received two emails asking for more info (which was provided and they confirmed receipt). That was in June 2018. I asked for my GCMS notes and received them in November 2018.
My notes said that they sent a medical request and are waiting for me to finish that. I have received no such request. I contacted them via the web form and was informed that I have not been sent a medical request and apparently everything looks fine with my application, I just need to wait. The other weird thing on my GCMS notes was that apparently my application was sent to the Los Angeles VO but I was never sent a transfer letter. I am 10 months in: no SA, no Medical Request, nothing. Am I missing something? I feel like I should at least have been informed that they sent my app to a visa office... I'm really not sure what to think or what to do at this point. Any insight, or anyone else who has a similar situation would be super appreciated! Thanks!

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Hey Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some advice from the community here. My app was received on May 16, 2018. Since then I have received two emails asking for more info (which was provided and they confirmed receipt). That was in June 2018. I asked for my GCMS notes and received them in November 2018.
My notes said that they sent a medical request and are waiting for me to finish that. I have received no such request. I contacted them via the web form and was informed that I have not been sent a medical request and apparently everything looks fine with my application, I just need to wait. The other weird thing on my GCMS notes was that apparently my application was sent to the Los Angeles VO but I was never sent a transfer letter. I am 10 months in: no SA, no Medical Request, nothing. Am I missing something? I feel like I should at least have been informed that they sent my app to a visa office... I'm really not sure what to think or what to do at this point. Any insight, or anyone else who has a similar situation would be super appreciated! Thanks!
Oh my dear lord ! What a mess !!
I just can’t understand why these people don’t care about our feelings ?! Don’t they have beloved ones ? Why it’s so hard for them to update people ? They don’t even know the amount of pain are we going through because of being apart from our beloved ones ! I don’t get it !!
Don’t blame ur self it’s their fault ! So unprofessional!!!!!!

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Sometime this whole process seems so out dated. Being such a big country they dont keep an eye of officers . Ours been 10th month to and it seems no ones working on file yet, after med done in September. No news for file transfer / bgc / VISA office

Daddywayne_42

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
I believe we are in the same situation but only that my Visa office is different. Got our application submitted in May 2018 as well though we already got SA but we are stucked now on PA eligibility since 31st of August 2018. They requested for additional documents which had submitted since June and on my account it still remains waiting for additional documents ( really confused) me and my wife (Canadian) had to send an email in regards to whether they got the additional documents and they sent us an acknowledgement email in regards to that and still nothing changes on my account. Just so worried why there's no update since 31st of August , sent series of emails to my Visa office and I only get an automated reply that states your application is on queue. I was a failed refugee claimant though and eventually was asked to leave and return back to my country of birth which I did yours truly. Come May the application will be 12 month in and am yet to get a MR.

graceday1

Mar 19, 2019
App. Filed.......
16-05-2018
Thanks guys,
It's frustrating not to know what's going on but it is encouraging to know I'm not the only one in this situation. One of the reasons I am especially baffled is because I am from the U.S. and my husband is a Canadian Citizen. We are married, no previous marriages, no criminal records, absolutely nothing I can think of that would slow down our application. I hope things speed up for you guys soon!

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Have anyone got an answer? It is so frustrating all this long process. I applied on May 2018. Passed the medical exams on July and receiver dhe AOR in the end of July. Since that time it is just: reviewing if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Have anyone got an answer? It is so frustrating all this long process. I applied on May 2018. Passed the medical exams on July and receiver dhe AOR in the end of July. Since that time it is just: reviewing if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Have you applied gcms notes and what abt file transfer and bgc started?

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Have you applied gcms notes and what abt file transfer and bgc started?
I created the online account, GCKey, and it is said I passed the medical exams. We are reviewing your elegibility. BACKGROUND: still in process. From embassy of Rome we have the answer: the file is in queue of processing/being processed. And nothing else. It is soooooo hard

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Same here
File received may3
Got SA in Aug
Nothing after that
Even BGC has not started !
I’m loosing my mind !

Reactions: hungvangg

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Please, can someone explain to me this:
is currently in the queue for processing/being processed... has it Started to check or it is waiting to check?

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Yahooo!!! Just got the passport request information and also the pre arrival services email.

Can you take the passport documents and photos to an actual office or do they have to be posted?
Congrats! How long does it take to receive back your passport?

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
same here