Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Same here
File received may3
Got SA in Aug
Nothing after that
Even BGC has not started !
I’m loosing my mind !
This is a common theme. I emailed the PM and Minister's office. They inquired from the VO and were told that the application was being actively processed. As it happens,I had emailed them because the VO told me that after 6months of the file being transferred, it still had to go throug an initial review. They all lie

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
This is a common theme. I emailed the PM and Minister's office. They inquired from the VO and were told that the application was being actively processed. As it happens,I had emailed them because the VO told me that after 6months of the file being transferred, it still had to go throug an initial review. They all lie
So what does that initial review mean ?
How can they even use the word ( initial ) for a file that’s been in their hand for almost a year now ?

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
So what does that initial review mean ?
How can they even use the word ( initial ) for a file that’s been in their hand for almost a year now ?
It is just the backlog causing the applications to be untouched. What's frustrating is that some applications get PPR within 4 months because they have political connections

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
It is just the backlog causing the applications to be untouched. What's frustrating is that some applications get PPR within 4 months because they have political connections
They can at least answer our calls or assure us through an email or something ! How hard is it to do that??
No sympathy ?
Two weeks and we will hit our year anniversary and still no single update since July/2018!! Even BGC has not started !!

Last edited:

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
They can at least answer our calls or assure us through an email or something ! How hard is it to do that??
No sympathy ?
Two weeks and we will hit our year anniversary and still no single update since July/2018!! Even BGC has not started !!
Have you received an answer? I am 19 days before the deadline, but it is so stressful and frustrating, especially this days, without a result

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Have you received an answer? I am 19 days before the deadline, but it is so stressful and frustrating, especially this days, without a result
No updates. Already 3 days past the deadline. The MP's office says that Criminality was started end of April 2019, probably just to say that they started working on the application before the end of the 12 month deadline :rolleyes:. I do not see that update on the GCMS notes. I am not sure who is lying, but it seems there is miscommunication happening somewhere. In any case, we are prepped for the long haul

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
No updates. Already 3 days past the deadline. The MP's office says that Criminality was started end of April 2019, probably just to say that they started working on the application before the end of the 12 month deadline :rolleyes:. I do not see that update on the GCMS notes. I am not sure who is lying, but it seems there is miscommunication happening somewhere. In any case, we are prepped for the long haul
Really???? I am scared now...i can not understand all this long process...

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Thanks a lot mate. :)

We actually did all the paperwork by ourselves. It was a very daunting task but it took a lot of time to collect the supporting documents, proof reading the forms, making countless revisions. Even at the time of submission, we second guessed ourselves. But ultimately things fell through. On hindsight, we really didn't do anything different. We just followed all the instructions in the checklist to the letter & attached as many supporting documents as we could.
Organisation of supporting documents really helps as we labelled each supporting document clearly, so that the case officer would not have any issue locating them. We are so thankful & grateful to the seniors and other users in this forum for their invaluable help and guidance. It really helped. :)
Wow this is great. The shortest timeline I’ve seen

Marsiii

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Something new from you?

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Something new from you?
No updates. I emailed CIC and the London office. They have not replied for over a week now. I called the automated line to check the status of the application and there are no updates there either. Ecas is stuck at the 4 updates since July 26th. In GCKey, No BGC started either. :mad:

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
I received fairness letter on Apr23
I responded to it two days ago
Today I received pre arrival

I’m not sure how to feel

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
W

hat is fairness letter
It is something very hard to receive and I hope no one would go through it!!

It’s basically when the immigration officer is not satisfied with your file and to be (fair) to you he would ask you to submit more documents as a last chance prior to making a final decision