+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
What happens after I send in my application?

We will:

• review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • decide if you are eligible to sponsor
  • decide if you are eligible to apply to become a permanent resident of Canada
  • tell you when we start processing your application,
  • tell you how to get a medical exam, if you did not get one before sending in your application
  • do a security screening, to make sure all applicants do not pose a risk to the safety and security of Canadians
  • decide if you need to go to an interview
  • tell you of the decision we make on your application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
What happens after I send in my application?

We will:

• review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • decide if you are eligible to sponsor
  • decide if you are eligible to apply to become a permanent resident of Canada
  • tell you when we start processing your application,
  • tell you how to get a medical exam, if you did not get one before sending in your application
  • do a security screening, to make sure all applicants do not pose a risk to the safety and security of Canadians
  • decide if you need to go to an interview
  • tell you of the decision we make on your application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4
Hello,

It is so stressful seeing the AOR1's being entered into the "May Spouce Sponsorship Excel sprasheet. Happy for those that receive, but for myself, the waiting is so difficult. From your experience, when we see some getting AOR1's who applied later, is this generally because their application is an easier application? Isn't the AOR1 simply a notice to say CIC received the Sponsorship Application?

Thank you for your time.

L

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello,

It is so stressful seeing the AOR1's being entered into the "May Spouce Sponsorship Excel sprasheet. Happy for those that receive, but for myself, the waiting is so difficult. From your experience, when we see some getting AOR1's who applied later, is this generally because their application is an easier application? Isn't the AOR1 simply a notice to say CIC received the Sponsorship Application?

Thank you for your time.

L
No. AOR is once the officer has reviewed the file to ensure the application is complete upon submission. It is not simply signifying that they have received it.

Each visa officer has a different workload/caseload, so it's unreasonable to expect that AORs are processed in a linear order, and that everyone who submitted on a certain day will get AOR on the same day. Not how it works.

N.borelli

Jun 8, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
18-06-2018
Hi theree :)
My husband (albanian) and i (canadian) have sent out our spousal sponsorship application on May 22nd.
Sadly it was delayed for a couple of weeks in the mail but... received confirmation that it has finally arrived in Mississauga at the case processing center on Wednesday June 6th !
Does anyone have an idea of how long it could be to receive AOR? And what is the next step once received?

Also, i sent in police certificates for my husband and his 3 other unaccompanying family members.(mom dad sister) I just read somewhere that that was not necessary! Is there a chance my application will be returned to me for that?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi theree :)
My husband (albanian) and i (canadian) have sent out our spousal sponsorship application on May 22nd.
Sadly it was delayed for a couple of weeks in the mail but... received confirmation that it has finally arrived in Mississauga at the case processing center on Wednesday June 6th !
Does anyone have an idea of how long it could be to receive AOR? And what is the next step once received?

Also, i sent in police certificates for my husband and his 3 other unaccompanying family members.(mom dad sister) I just read somewhere that that was not necessary! Is there a chance my application will be returned to me for that?

What happens after submitting my application?

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

Then, if not submitted with the application:

1. Police Check Certificate Request(PCC)

2. Medical Exam Request

3. Request to pay for PR Card (RPRF)

4. Request to submit additional documents

5. Request for any additional documents that were missing from your application

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office (VO) or Canadian High Commission in your country.

****** No NEED FOR unaccompanying family certificates.

God speed

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
No. AOR is once the officer has reviewed the file to ensure the application is complete upon submission. It is not simply signifying that they have received it.

Each visa officer has a different workload/caseload, so it's unreasonable to expect that AORs are processed in a linear order, and that everyone who submitted on a certain day will get AOR on the same day. Not how it works.
Hello,

Thank you so much for your responce. We received our AOR1 on Friday. Now we wait for the SA. I just need to learn patience. :rolleyes:

L

N.borelli

Jun 8, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
18-06-2018

If your application is complete, you will receive Acknoledgment of Receipt (AOR1) whithin 60 days, usually 45 to 56 days via email.

Then, if eligible, the sponsor will receive the Sponsor Approval email(SA) which contains the UCI (Unique Client ID) and application number to use for tracking the status of the application.

2. Medical Exam Request

At this stage, you can check the status of your application online(ECAS) or link your application to GCKEY.

Then you might receive a file transfer email to the Local Visa Office (VO) or Canadian High Commission in your country.

God speed
Hi! Thank you so much i didn’t see this information anywhere. Was it on the ircc website? Also, can the fact that i included unaccompanying persons police certificates affect my application?

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
Hi! Thank you so much i didn’t see this information anywhere. Was it on the ircc website? Also, can the fact that i included unaccompanying persons police certificates affect my application?
Only the PA needs to submit the PCC not anyone else - that is the fact - unless your family members are traveling with you or are being sponsored.

I did not find it on IRCC website either, I asked a lawyer about the PCC check and I was told that only the PA needs to submit the PCC.
I don't think that sending extra documents effects your application, usually it's vice versa.

Kind regards

Revenant

Reactions: N.borelli

Sreeh1989

Mar 14, 2018

2. Medical Exam Request

God speed
Hi,

Could you please help me out with the below question.

Medicals shows as passed and background declaration has been submitted as well

I’m the sponsor and got this message,

“This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in New Delhi for further processing.”

What would be the next step after this?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: shinesood91