+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by andy108, May 1, 2018.

1. Mailed my resubmission (originally sent in Feb, had it returned) today, should be there by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!

2. Application received today. Now the wait begins!

Canucks and Hawks likes this.
  3. Applying tomorrow by mail :)

4. Maybe this is an odd question, but I am new to the forum and my question is, PPR (passport request) is this the final stage? I am a Canadian, residing in Canada and my husband is an Outland applicant. I received a tracking notice that my application reached Mississauga on May 1st. As you can see from the picture below, this is my estimate timeline for processing our application. The "worst" case scenario is that the PPR is May 8, 2019. Is that the final decision, meaning, is this when we get our final notice that my husband can join me in Canada?

Rather confused on what PPR actually means.

Thank you for your time.

Lisa

[​IMG]

5. You will get decision made and then most likely PPR. If your partner is from a visa exempt country, you will definitely get PPR. Mine is not and we did not get PPR, but it's rare.

Once you receive the passport request, you will submit accordingly, and wait for the COPR (confirmation of PR). This is the document required to land as a PR in Canada, and will have an expiration date.

The target timeline to process applications is 12 months, although this will vary from VO.

6. Thank you for the prompt response. I think I understand now, this is when Immigration requests the passport, so that they can put the PR in the passport, so that he can enter Canada. Correct?

7. Good luck - I am sending mine later this week. Originally send in March.

8. Put application in mail today

9. May I ask what was the reason for return of your app? Also, how long it took for you to get app back in mail. As, we are also waiting for returned app which is from March as well.

10. What was the reason for returning apps? Feb and March applicants who are resending apps in May.