+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Japonesa

Jun 6, 2018
Hello!
My PR Card arrived today.
May 25 applicant here
March 7 landing interview at IRCC Calgary.

I want to thank the people in this forum who shared their knowledge in the PR Application.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day as the weather is getting better.

Good luck to all and Congrats!!

Reactions: northyonge

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
Hi I just got my PR and new SIN as well. I updated my bank and my employer about my new SIN. should I call CRA as well to update my new SIN?
Yes you do need to update crazy about your new SIN information.

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
Hello!
My PR Card arrived today.
May 25 applicant here
March 7 landing interview at IRCC Calgary.

I want to thank the people in this forum who shared their knowledge in the PR Application.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day as the weather is getting better.

Good luck to all and Congrats!!
You mean just two weeks after interview, you get PR card? Is that supposed to be 2 months to wait? Have you asked for a quick processing?

Reactions: Moonpiegirl

am598107

Jun 17, 2018
It's been over a month since I got my DM letter now.

Does anyone have experience with how long Halifax IRCC take to send the interview letter?
Starting to worry
I was worried as well, also been nearly a month since receiving my letter about being contacted by IRCC Halifax. I spoke to my MP's office and they called them, they said it's looking like about a 6 week timeframe before an interview gets scheduled. After 6 weeks, I'd start reaching out!

Bhsh

May 10, 2018
Yes, May 16 applicant waiting.... ;(
Inland sponsorship app sent: 15th May 2018
App recieved: May 16 2018
AOR: June 27 2018
Quebec undertaking request: July 5 2018
Quebec undertaking sent to MIDI: 17 July 2018
Quebec undertaking AOR: 26 July 2018
Approved Open Work Permit: 23 August 2018
Medical request: 10 October 2018
Medicals done: 31 October 2018
Sponsorship approval: 4 February 2019
Approved in principal: 5 February 2019
I sent my application for inland sponsorship. We live in Qc.
Based on the post tracking record, my application received on Feb 5th.
But I have not received any notification regarding the "application received" or AOR.
Do you have any idea how I can follow up?
Thank you for your help.

Sunny@dawn

Feb 19, 2019
July 5 applicant.
Sponsor side shows decision made on ecas and PA side is still in process.
Voice prompt states eligibility is in progress.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get decision made on PA side after decision made on sponsor side?

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
July 5 applicant.
Sponsor side shows decision made on ecas and PA side is still in process.
Voice prompt states eligibility is in progress.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get decision made on PA side after decision made on sponsor side?
Some people get it in a couple of days. On the other hand, we got AIP, SA and DM on sponsor side around Jan 24th. No news since then, PA still in process. We are May applicants from Montreal.

Xkillakittyx

May 14, 2018
Hey Everyone!
Great news... I got my letter from Halifax IRCC Today!
We'll be going down to the office tomorrow to get everything finalized!

So happy!
If anyone else is waiting to hear back from the Halifax office it took them about 5 weeks to contact me, and I got the letter as a message in my cic account, not through a separate email :)

Reactions: Sikuya and melito

Xkillakittyx

May 14, 2018
Officially a permanent resident of Canada starting today!
Everything was really straight forward at the Halifax IRCC office, the lady serving us was lovely :)
She said that I will need to keep a hold of this COPR document until I'm 65, as that's what I'll use to claim my pension.
Should recieve PR card in the mail within 60 days.
Also, went to get a new SIN straight after, apparently I have to keep track of both of my SINs for when I claim pension etc.

Just some useful info I thought everyone might be grateful to know!

Congrats to everyone that's already recieved their PR and good luck to those still waiting! <3

-Becky

Reactions: Sikuya and melito

Lolwa13

Mar 12, 2019
I think we have a very similar timeline (May 7th) and we are also from Montreal area. We got SA, AIP and DM for the sponsor in January. However, our application is still in progress for the PA and it's been a complete silence since January. We called CIC and one officer also told us that everything was done and passed (i.e. background checks completed, even though it still shows as in progress up to now), just DM missing. We called a second time many weeks later, but the second officer did not confirm the information (he told us to wait and that he couldn't give more details, as it's still under 12 months). Anyways, no idea why the delay, but I saw in the forums more people in a similar situation :(
Yes this is exactly what happened to me too. I called twice, the first officer told me that everything was passed and then the second officer (who I called many weeks later) said that I have to wait until the 12 months processing period is done until I can ask for more details. It's just frustrating that many people who have applied after we did already got their PR and we are getting delayed because of the Montreal office. Let's hope they send us something soon. Good luck!

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Yes this is exactly what happened to me too. I called twice, the first officer told me that everything was passed and then the second officer (who I called many weeks later) said that I have to wait until the 12 months processing period is done until I can ask for more details. It's just frustrating that many people who have applied after we did already got their PR and we are getting delayed because of the Montreal office. Let's hope they send us something soon. Good luck!
Is it the issue really with the Montreal office? It seems odd that many people in the same situation happen to be from Montreal, but I actually don't know where our application currently is at this stage (I would assume it would only be transferred to Montreal after DM on both sides, no?).
Any hints of why this is happening? I'm not even sure at this point if we are getting DM on PA side or going directly to the landing letter...

Reactions: cindni01

yeshwanth.r88

Nov 23, 2012
We received landing letter today from Montreal CIC Office to walk in within 30 days to finalize PR .

Please find below our timeline :

Application sent: May 29th 2018
AOR: July 11th 2018
CSQ Request : July 20th 2018
CSQ Applied(for Quebec residents only) : August 14th 2018
CSQ Approved : 27th Sept 2018
Medical request: Oct 9th 2018
Medical passed: October 30th 2018
DM on both sides: March 4th 2019
AIP : March 8th 2019
SA : March 12th 2019
DM letter : March 15th 2019