+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Hello there, has anyone applied to the Mississauga office and got his interview letter already? I live in Montreal so I'm not sure if my interview will be at the Montreal office. I am just concerned because it's taking so much time since the AIP and SA. Is it normal for it to take this long before the next step? It is just me in the application, no dependants. I have called IRCC they said that I passed security, criminology and all background checks so what is taking so long :( I would appreciate any feedback from May applicants in Montreal thanks!

This is my timeline:
Application sent (with OWP): May 4th 2018
AOR: June 8th 2018
Request to submit Undertaking Application to Quebec and CSQ Application: June 22nd 2018
Undertaking approved and CSQ received: July 30th 2018
OWP received: August 15th 2018
Medical request: October 1st 2018
Medical passed: October 5th 2018
Eligibility passed: January 16th 2019
SA (DM for Sponsor): January 24th 2019
I think we have a very similar timeline (May 7th) and we are also from Montreal area. We got SA, AIP and DM for the sponsor in January. However, our application is still in progress for the PA and it's been a complete silence since January. We called CIC and one officer also told us that everything was done and passed (i.e. background checks completed, even though it still shows as in progress up to now), just DM missing. We called a second time many weeks later, but the second officer did not confirm the information (he told us to wait and that he couldn't give more details, as it's still under 12 months). Anyways, no idea why the delay, but I saw in the forums more people in a similar situation :(

Fofolo

Oct 22, 2018
I had my Landing yesterday in Saskatoon, I am honoured and proud to be permanent resident now. I can now cal this country home, praise God! I’m also very thankful for this group chat, it has helped me a lot. For those still waiting, hold on tight, the good news is just around the corner.
Thanks

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Officially Permanent Residence of Canada today
:) We want to thank everyone here for the emotional support, help and useful information. It has been such a great support system for us by being part of this group. For Everyone who is still waiting, keep hang in there, your time is coming too!

Timeline is in my signature.

Hess

Oct 13, 2017
I think we have a very similar timeline (May 7th) and we are also from Montreal area. We got SA, AIP and DM for the sponsor in January. However, our application is still in progress for the PA and it's been a complete silence since January. We called CIC and one officer also told us that everything was done and passed (i.e. background checks completed, even though it still shows as in progress up to now), just DM missing. We called a second time many weeks later, but the second officer did not confirm the information (he told us to wait and that he couldn't give more details, as it's still under 12 months). Anyways, no idea why the delay, but I saw in the forums more people in a similar situation :(
Exactly the same situation here, applicant from May 7th, SA,AIP and DM for the sponsor and in progress for PA. Also from Montreal. My guess is the delay is more from the office here than from our side.

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Exactly the same situation here, applicant from May 7th, SA,AIP and DM for the sponsor and in progress for PA. Also from Montreal. My guess is the delay is more from the office here than from our side.
Do you guys think that our applications are already with the Montreal office? I heard that some people get the landing interview letter without getting DM, but not sure if that's going to be our case or if we are still going to go through DM and so on.

Also, does anyone know how long does it usually take for being contacted for landing in Montreal? Weeks or months? Thank you!

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi guys I am May 9th applicant, Last I heard from CIC is Oct 4th when I got my medical request, passed medical around the 15th of Oct,
nothing after that no, AIP, no SA, no DM no nothing.
Anyone else is in a similar situation? I called last week the agent said my background check is completed and criminal check is in place, does anyone know how long it takes for criminal check? and when she said background check is completed what all are the part of background checks? I am based in Toronto, and Inland application. Sent to Mississauga .
Ecas says nothing new, we have sent the medical request, and from the sponsor side it says we started processing your application on june 15th received application on May 9th...and Gckey review of your eligibility has not started yet..

Jaiho212

Nov 17, 2018
Hi guys I am May 9th applicant, Last I heard from CIC is Oct 4th when I got my medical request, passed medical around the 15th of Oct,
nothing after that no, AIP, no SA, no DM no nothing.
Anyone else is in a similar situation? I called last week the agent said my background check is completed and criminal check is in place, does anyone know how long it takes for criminal check? and when she said background check is completed what all are the part of background checks? I am based in Toronto, and Inland application. Sent to Mississauga .
Ecas says nothing new, we have sent the medical request, and from the sponsor side it says we started processing your application on june 15th received application on May 9th...and Gckey review of your eligibility has not started yet..
Same may 16 applicant

Xkillakittyx

May 14, 2018
It's been over a month since I got my DM letter now.

Does anyone have experience with how long Halifax IRCC take to send the interview letter?
Starting to worry

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hi I just got my PR and new SIN as well. I updated my bank and my employer about my new SIN. should I call CRA as well to update my new SIN?

Reactions: melito