App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
So i was having a conversation with someone who said that even though i may get my permanent resident status approved i will not get a PR card.. is this true?

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
So i was having a conversation with someone who said that even though i may get my permanent resident status approved i will not get a PR card.. is this true?
Elaborate by "not getting".
The PR card will take 60 days give or take based on the IRCC website. And in most cases that i have seen, they take a lot longer. When you land, you will be given a Confirmation of PR (CoPR) which will allow you to start the process of getting a SIN and OHIP. But you will have to have a PR card to travel back INTO Canada. Worst case scenario, if you travel for long duration you can apply for a PRTD (PR travel document). But that is a whole process in its own.

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Elaborate by "not getting".
The PR card will take 60 days give or take based on the IRCC website. And in most cases that i have seen, they take a lot longer. When you land, you will be given a Confirmation of PR (CoPR) which will allow you to start the process of getting a SIN and OHIP. But you will have to have a PR card to travel back INTO Canada. Worst case scenario, if you travel for long duration you can apply for a PRTD (PR travel document). But that is a whole process in its own.
I applied for permanent residency under the spousal sponsorship. She was saying that although I will get permanent resident status I don't necessarily receive a permanent resident card. She said that having status and a card are two separate things. I thought that once my permanent resident status is approved they automatically send a permanent resident card.

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
I applied for permanent residency under the spousal sponsorship. She was saying that although I will get permanent resident status I don't necessarily receive a permanent resident card. She said that having status and a card are two separate things. I thought that once my permanent resident status is approved they automatically send a permanent resident card.
Whoever told you this did not make any sense. How can you be approved as a PR and not receive a card? This information and false, and infuriates me when people give out false information. My dear, once you are approved, you will receive a card proving the fact that you are a permanent resident of Canada. And this card will be your entry way into Canada. without it, you cannot enter Canada. Tell this person they are mistaken or misunderstood.

Reactions: Moonpiegirl

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Whoever told you this did not make any sense. How can you be approved as a PR and not receive a card? This information and false, and infuriates me when people give out false information. My dear, once you are approved, you will receive a card proving the fact that you are a permanent resident of Canada. And this card will be your entry way into Canada. without it, you cannot enter Canada. Tell this person they are mistaken or misunderstood.
Thank you so much, that's what I thought and I will definitely let her know that her information is wrong.

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
You are most welcome. I like to ease people's concerns and misunderstandings :) Glad to help!
Well you definitely eased my mind... thank you

My first thought after her saying this was great now I have to apply and pay for something else LOL

Imhoney_54

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi...i am getting my documents ready to apply under family class sponsership...i just wanna know that paper material and paper size used for different forms say 0008,5669 etc... can be different or it should be same for all forms.....especially paper material for all the forms
Thank you

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hi, May 10 Applicant, got DM on both sides in ecas. But no update on CIC login and haven't got AIP email. Is this normal?..How much time after this to get the AIP?..and will it come via email ? to sponsor or PA?

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
I am May 10 applicant, just got this letter in GC-key. Can somebody tell what this is?
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.

Maria84

Jan 21, 2019

So, my husband friend went to the interview, they told him his gonna get his card in the mail on the next 6 weeks. But he get it in 2 weeks... That's what he said.. I don't know if is true.

Reactions: amandabear9

Jamcool

Jun 22, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Just to add to this, you can enter Canada without it by applying for a permanent resident travel document.

Reactions: amandabear9

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
I am May 10 applicant, just got this letter in GC-key. Can somebody tell what this is?
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
May I ask when did get medical request ? Thanks