AOR - June 28, 2018
CSQ request - Jul 5, 2018
CSQ received:- Aug 22, 2018
OWP Approved - August 28, 2018

Good luck everyone!

lgrace29

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Guys!

I applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband on May 18, 2018. I received AOR June 29 2018. I am currently waiting for approval of the principal applicant before we apply for his working permit as this was the advise of our lawyer. Its been roughly 2 months already and haven't heard anything from them. Please advise?

moshunika

Dec 11, 2017
Hi Guys!
My inland PR + OWP application was received on May 29.
AOR- July 10 (was missing so we had to call on August 1st)
No other news so far.
Today I managed to link my application online (I've could done this earlier but I was doing one mistake, today I understood how to do it correctly).
Is this the same for the OWP? I mean, do I have to link my OWP separately or I will get its status in the same account?
Thanks!

Last edited:

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi Guys!

I applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband on May 18, 2018. I received AOR June 29 2018. I am currently waiting for approval of the principal applicant before we apply for his working permit as this was the advise of our lawyer. Its been roughly 2 months already and haven't heard anything from them. Please advise?
This is for inland spousal sponsorship right. Then you could have applied for OWP along with your PR application. Now you can apply online. Your lawyer was wrong in telling that you have to wait for Sponsor approval. As in inland process, SA comes in the end unlike Outland. So please don't waste time any longer and go ahead and apply for the OWP now that you already have an application number.

Trusting these lawyers are useless . I did the same mistake and you also please don't do this. If your lawyer is asking for extra fees then dont give him anything and you can do it yourself. It's very simple. Everything is clearly listed out in Canada immigration website itself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi Guys!
My inland PR + OWP application was received on May 29.
AOR- July 10 (was missing so we had to call on August 1st)
No other news so far.
Today I managed to link my application online (I've could done this earlier but I was doing one mistake, today I understood how to do it correctly).
Is this the same for the OWP? I mean, do I have to link my OWP separately or I will get its status in the same account?
Thanks!
Yes, you have to link OWP separately . Please follow the below forum for tips to link OWP application.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-19#post-6746237

Reactions: moshunika

i5060

Aug 30, 2018
hey everyone
i am new here, i am the principal applicant
we used a lawyer/ representative on our behalf to submit our application,
PR + OWP application submit: 15th may 2018
Received: 18th may
AOR received : 28th June
no update on my OWP
The acknowledgment we received does not say anything about the open work permit received though we submitted both applications together, i've been trying to link my application online from past few weeks , but due to some every time it says application not found or wrong information or because we've used a representative on our behalf we cant link our application. Today i tried to call IRCC couldn't get through to any agent but only could check update on my PR application. Is there a separate application no., for OWP application, othern than the application no. we received on our AOR for PR application ? and is there no way that i can link my application online even though we have a representative ? i talked to our lawyer too she said she never linked our application, and its not important to do so. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you all and good luck with your applications :)

csarah15

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
11-07-2018
hey everyone
i am new here, i am the principal applicant
we used a lawyer/ representative on our behalf to submit our application,
PR + OWP application submit: 15th may 2018
Received: 18th may
AOR received : 28th June
no update on my OWP
The acknowledgment we received does not say anything about the open work permit received though we submitted both applications together, i've been trying to link my application online from past few weeks , but due to some every time it says application not found or wrong information or because we've used a representative on our behalf we cant link our application. Today i tried to call IRCC couldn't get through to any agent but only could check update on my PR application. Is there a separate application no., for OWP application, othern than the application no. we received on our AOR for PR application ? and is there no way that i can link my application online even though we have a representative ? i talked to our lawyer too she said she never linked our application, and its not important to do so. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you all and good luck with your applications :)
OWP is a separate application so it'll have it's own link on the ircc website. You can refer to the link jsmithun has mentioned above. So you'll have PR application and the work permit application will say online application once linked. Hope this helps

i5060

Aug 30, 2018
OWP is a separate application so it'll have it's own link on the ircc website. You can refer to the link jsmithun has mentioned above. So you'll have PR application and the work permit application will say online application once linked. Hope this helps
hey thank you for the reply
i understand that i have to apply applications separately , but are there different applications numbers for both or is it the same ?

Reactions: Janice Bond

jsmithun

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
hey thank you for the reply
i understand that i have to apply applications separately , but are there different applications numbers for both or is it the same ?
There is no application number for OWP. Just use UCI number and last name. Please follow the instructions given in the below post to link your OWP

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2018-spousal-sponsorship-in-land-applications-timeline-and-updates.536517/page-19#post-6746237

Petey74

Aug 30, 2018
Hi they received our forms on May 17. We received AOR on June 27th, we havnt received our Owp yet but my temp residencey visa runs out Oct 1st. Should I put in for a new one or do you think I will receive the owp before then? Just

i5060

Aug 30, 2018
Hey everyone, Just got my OWPapproved
My timeline,
PR+OWP applications received: 18th May
AOR : 28th May
OWP approved: 30th Aug

Wish you all good luck !

Reactions: CanIndo1111

i5060

Aug 30, 2018
Hi they received our forms on May 17. We received AOR on June 27th, we havnt received our Owp yet but my temp residencey visa runs out Oct 1st. Should I put in for a new one or do you think I will receive the owp before then? Just
Once you receive your AOR, you have implied status which means until there is a decision made on your application you won’t run out of status.