+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hi sorry to hear that you have not received your test invitation. I think I am in the same situation. I am an April applicant and still waiting for the test. The agent told me that my security checks are ok and I am test ready. After talking to my mp office I was told that they’re doing further verification and it can take 24 months. I don’t know what to do now.
yes seems like we are in the same boat. It was my MP office who brought the outstanding immigration checks to my attention. IRCC never mentioned it to me and said I was test ready. Only when I enquired they said yes but your test invite can still come. I’m assuming we would have still have some wait . It sucks because I am worried about making commitments to travel overseas and then they send you a test invite .

DreamYYZ

Jun 3, 2018
Cleared the 2nd last hurdle on my journey to citizenship.

Appeared for test earlier this week and today my ECAS shows Decision made. Eagerly awaiting my oath invite.

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
hi anybody else waiting ? still have not received test invite as yet, they say I am test ready months ago but just waiting . any advice ?

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Did you order Atip notes ?
yes I have it ordered it twice. the last time was in August. so I may order it soon. in august the agent told me I am test ready, every month when I call I'm told the same and can only wait. It sucks

maltaise

Apr 29, 2011
USA/CMR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. Glad to know most has gotten through with their oaths by now, I think May 2018 applicants had the most time anomalies.

I unfortunately am still waiting on my test invite. When I called at the end of August the agent surprisingly told me I was “test ready” and will have to wait on the Scarborough office to contact me for a date. I thought this was good news but on asking
The criminality verifications are currently valid
The security verifications are currently valid
The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

I was told that the test can still happen while the immigration verifications are undergoing.

I called back last week to see what’s the update. Exact same situation. I asked if there is anything I can do and they said nothing. Immigration verifications still have not been started.

I don’t even know what to do anymore.

When I contacted my MPs office they said if it isn’t sorted by year end to re-contact them. Guess with elections etc and I’m not a possible voter they can’t be bothered.

any advice ?
you're not alone mate loll still waiting

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
you're not alone mate loll still waiting
Me tooo ! I contacted the call centre and Mp got the same reply security and criminal checks are currently valid and immigration verification has not been initiated yet.

My timeline
App received 3rd July 2018,
Aor received 28th August 2018
In process 4th September 2018
Fingerprints request 26th march 2019
Fingerprints submitted 27th March 2019 and received and updated by them on 15th April 2019.
Still no test invite.
I just ordered GMCS notes on 25th November 2019.
I was thinking of taking a copy of AoR,citizenship fees Receipt and fingerprints letter to the Scarborough office in person to check whats happening...I think we all few of us together should go as a group and ask them in person in their office.Please email me rahuul.chawla369@gmail.com if you guys want to discuss furthur about this.

rahuul.chawla

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
After 19months of wait i finally got my citizenship test invite, My test is on 14th january,2020
are you from toronto? were you a protected person? is your file in the scarbrough office? when did you get your fingerprints request? my app was received on 3rd july 2018 n fingerprints on 27 march 2019, still no test invite.

a-memon

May 25, 2015
are you from toronto? were you a protected person? is your file in the scarbrough office? when did you get your fingerprints request? my app was received on 3rd july 2018 n fingerprints on 27 march 2019, still no test invite.
I never got my fingerprint request. My application was recieved on may 1st 2018 and i got my test invite yesterday December 17th,2019