N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
had my citizenship test today. got 20/20
The interviewer didn't say anything about oath..
They can't say anything about the oath they are only there to administer the test, you have to wait for your file to be switch from "In-Process" to Decision Made".

You can assume anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for the oath invite to be received (not always true) after DM received, and then I have seen it be up to 3 months after that for the actual oath ceremony to take place. This all depends on your area, the office processing it, the number of applicants etc.

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
They can't say anything about the oath they are only there to administer the test, you have to wait for your file to be switch from "In-Process" to Decision Made".

You can assume anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for the oath invite to be received (not always true) after DM received, and then I have seen it be up to 3 months after that for the actual oath ceremony to take place. This all depends on your area, the office processing it, the number of applicants etc.
Lots of applicants include myself got the oath invite on the test date

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hi ..could you please let me know, after receiving CAIPS twice, did u know why your application had been stuck? 20 months is so long..because for my application, after 9 months I didn't receive anything and 3 days ago I got my CAIPS notes ..my application is in process and Criminal check is in process..i saw due date on may 2020 ...I don't know why they did mention on this date

I think the MP office gives the most information. When I applied in May 2018 by July my application was already in progress and going good . My notes showed it had reached Scarborough office in August 2018 and sadly it stayed there until August 2019 before any updates .

I contacted IRCC call centre , used web form , emailed minster of immigration office and my mp office .

the only extra information I got was from my MP office. So I would focus with them , however sometimes they may not want to send out anything until one year passes .

My due date was June 2019 but it didn’t mean anything .

your criminal check has to be completed before it goes further. Only immigration check can still be in process or has not started before test invite from what I understand

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Had my test today , everything went well. The interviewer said you will receive your oath invite via email. I asked how long - she said can be a couple months , she has no idea .
Here is hoping to no more long waiting !

Reactions: Shamu

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Had my test today , everything went well. The interviewer said you will receive your oath invite via email. I asked how long - she said can be a couple months , she has no idea .
Here is hoping to no more long waiting !
Updated, thanks

a-memon

May 25, 2015
you are on your way.... they requested FP for me again since it expired (which I already did) and is been sent to Vancouver from Ottawa.... so I have another wait.
oh what is FP? you'll get there soon hopefully. Shouldn't take too long.
still waiting on the oath invite though.