+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
So I called IRCC for an update .

In May when I called they said they will contact the Scarborough office for an update . When I called back in June , they said the office didn’t respond and they will re-send a msg .

So I called again today . No response from office . Agent agreed this is strange and said she will send an “emergency message “ , whatever that is .

I asked what are my options . Nothing really . She said if I send a web form they can direct it to Scarborough. I already submitted one this week and the third since this dilemma .

And I am going to go my mp office Tuesday to have them contact for me .
Muns59
In my case the file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough and it took more than 2 months for Scarborough to receive it. All this time the status IRCC agents could see was “IN TRANSIT”. Again this was NOT normal, and stressful for me as it was not normal. Normally when the transfer happens the file is received at the other office the same day, but that was not the case for me. Now I have learned that anything is possible with IRCC. So I would say don’t worry. At least the office has your file. Lately many of us (May applicants) have heard back and hope you should hear back too.

Mohbali31

Aug 7, 2018
A minor let-down is that the Canada passport I received is so cheaply made. My old passport (from a Third-World country!) has faux-leather covers and heavy-weight, partially cotton papers. It just feels substantial in hand.

Meanwhile, the Canadian passport has thin, plastic covers and cheap pulp-based papers. This won't age well and the cheap papers will be very sensitive to moisture. A brief exposure to rain could necessitate applying for a new passport. :confused:
IN HOW MANY DAYS U GOT THE CANADIAN PASSPORT AFTER APPLYING IT

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Funny thing.
I send an Atip request 2 months ago , before the test , today I got them... one month after oath ceremony....

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Muns59
In my case the file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough and it took more than 2 months for Scarborough to receive it. All this time the status IRCC agents could see was “IN TRANSIT”. Again this was NOT normal, and stressful for me as it was not normal. Normally when the transfer happens the file is received at the other office the same day, but that was not the case for me. Now I have learned that anything is possible with IRCC. So I would say don’t worry. At least the office has your file. Lately many of us (May applicants) have heard back and hope you should hear back too.
Yes anything is really possible with them . I made contact with my mp office today but the lady who deals with these matters isn’t in till tomorrow . Hopefully once they reach out Scarborough office will finally respond . Yes definitely a stressful process but sucks when there is nothing else u can do .. hope you guys get your paths quickly after !

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Some of the online tests are so tough. I cannot imagine i have to remember names of people and what they did 100s of years ago in order to pass the test :(

Rose15

Aug 8, 2015
Got my test invite scarborough area after 15months and one day from the time they received my paper,,,(1 yr and 6days since they started processing my paper).
Thanks God

Reactions: nick_689