+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Same like my case ))
Congrats!
So I contacted my MP office ( still waiting on feedback ) and I sent an email to the minister’s office . Surprisingly they replied but nothing of substance.

What are my options now ?

Has been received in May 2018 , In process since July 2018, at my local office Scarborough since August 2018 .

I have no idea what to do besides keep calling them .

This is response from minister’s office.

Departmental records confirm that your application has passed criminality and security checks. Please be assured that you will be contacted if further information, or once a final decision has been made. If your application is approved and you satisfy the remaining requirements, you will be invited to participate in the next step in the application process (citizenship test). Should you meet these requirements, you will be invited to attend the oath-taking ceremony and receive a citizenship certificate.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Jun 11, 2019
So I contacted my MP office ( still waiting on feedback ) and I sent an email to the minister’s office . Surprisingly they replied but nothing of substance.

What are my options now ?

Has been received in May 2018 , In process since July 2018, at my local office Scarborough since August 2018 .

I have no idea what to do besides keep calling them .

This is response from minister’s office.

Departmental records confirm that your application has passed criminality and security checks. Please be assured that you will be contacted if further information, or once a final decision has been made. If your application is approved and you satisfy the remaining requirements, you will be invited to participate in the next step in the application process (citizenship test). Should you meet these requirements, you will be invited to attend the oath-taking ceremony and receive a citizenship certificate.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.
Same time-lines here (application received in May 2018, in process in July 2018, and now in Scarborough office).. I did get the GCMS records but nothing suggests why there is this much delay. I guess we can only wait and wait and more wait..

Danny2011

Jul 28, 2018
Folks had my oath ceremony yesterday at Mississauga office (Glen Erin). 9:00AM.

Reached at 8:15 AM dressed up :) and excited.

Ceremony started around 9:30. and ended around 11. We took oath after the judge and then signed a form declaring receipt of the citizenship certificate and no criminal proceeding is pending to date. Then circled around to receive the certificate from judge. He was very nice and polite asked what I did, I told him and he was happy to hear I was doing well. Then we after the anthem we took pictures with the judge and I hung around for pics around judge's chair.

That was it.....

Journey started back in September 2011 and ended yesterday on 22 August 2019.

I want to thank this forum, it has been real help during anxious days.

Best wishes to those who are waiting, my advice is just focus on everyday life normal follow up with CIC as per their guidelines.
Worrying will not get you anywhere.

Good luck :)

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Folks had my oath ceremony yesterday at Mississauga office (Glen Erin). 9:00AM.

Reached at 8:15 AM dressed up :) and excited.

Ceremony started around 9:30. and ended around 11. We took oath after the judge and then signed a form declaring receipt of the citizenship certificate and no criminal proceeding is pending to date. Then circled around to receive the certificate from judge. He was very nice and polite asked what I did, I told him and he was happy to hear I was doing well. Then we after the anthem we took pictures with the judge and I hung around for pics around judge's chair.

That was it.....

Journey started back in September 2011 and ended yesterday on 22 August 2019.

I want to thank this forum, it has been real help during anxious days.

Best wishes to those who are waiting, my advice is just focus on everyday life normal follow up with CIC as per their guidelines.
Worrying will not get you anywhere.

Good luck :)
Congrats! Has your ECAS been updated to complete? Just wondering how long it's currently taking.