+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Still waiting for test invite. Application received on May 28 and in process since August 15 2018. Anyone else still in the same boat?

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Please do share your Oath experience! and Congrats again.
Good luck to all those waiting....
It was good )
88 new citizens from 31 countries
Whole ceremony took about 1.5 hours
They took my pr card as well
Finally my 14 months journey is over.
After 3 business days I can apply for a passport.
Good luck to everyone and thank you !!!

Reactions: Danny2011

Artist777

Mar 29, 2019
Hi,
Just had my test today and passed ;)
Tomorrow is my oath ceremony at Scarborough office :)

p.s. My application was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough.

Good Luck to the rest of applicants who are waiting ...

Reactions: Danny2011

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hi,

Congrats !!
I had the same situation with transferred file .
Finally it’s all behind me

Reactions: Artist777

Thimail

Mar 29, 2019
Please update:
- we sent you a notice on July 2, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 23, 2019.

However I still haven't got anything in my email or mail. I wrote them they asking about it.

Thanks

TrueNorthEast

May 2, 2019
Please update:
- we sent you a notice on July 2, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 23, 2019.

However I still haven't got anything in my email or mail. I wrote them they asking about it.

Thanks
Is your ceremony at 5183 Sheppard Ave , Scarborough?

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
The status on ECAS has been changed to Decision Made except for my child today, May 29th 2019.
@sunnybh, please update. Thanks.

I have received Oath Invitation Today, 9th July, 2019
Oath Date is on 25th July, 2019 13:00 at Scarborough.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 23, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 7, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 3, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shamu

mas123

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13march
AOR Received.
15april
Med's Request
15april
Med's Done....
21april
Passport Req..
7 may 2015
Still waiting for test invite. Application received on May 28 and in process since August 15 2018. Anyone else still in the same boat?
I am here same timeline do not worry

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi,

When was your application transferred to Scarborough? and how many days approx after the transfer did you get the test invite? Mine was transferred on May 23 but still i have not heard anything from the Scarborough office.

I also recently received a reply to my web form inquiry which has me confused now.

It says the Scarborough office is verifying if i meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. I was under the impression that this was already completed at Mississauga office and i was waiting for test date. Does anyone here know about this?

Last edited:

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
When was your application transferred to Scarborough? and how many days approx after the transfer did you get the test invite? Mine was transferred on May 23 but still i have not heard anything from the Scarborough office.

I also recently received a reply to my web form inquiry which has me confused now.

It says the Scarborough office is verifying if i meet the intelligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. I was under the impression that this was already completed at Mississauga office and i was waiting for test date. Does anyone here know about this?
My file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough on May 29.
On June 20 I got test invite. Oath was next day after the test.
Yesterday I became a Canadian citizen:

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Please update

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 3, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 8, 2019 at 8:16 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 9, 2019.

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Please update

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 3, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 10, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 8, 2019 at 8:16 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 9, 2019.
My file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough on May 29.
On June 20 I got test invite. Oath was next day after the test.
Yesterday I became a Canadian citizen:
Congrats. Once it is transferred is it treated as a new application? I am surprised they are again conducting eligibility checks