+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Artist777

Mar 29, 2019
When was your application transferred to Scarborough? and how many days approx after the transfer did you get the test invite? Mine was transferred on May 23 but still i have not heard anything from the Scarborough office.

I also recently received a reply to my web form inquiry which has me confused now.

It says the Scarborough office is verifying if i meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. I was under the impression that this was already completed at Mississauga office and i was waiting for test date. Does anyone here know about this?
I have no idea,
I sent my application on May 8 , 2018, received file number on July 13 , and the process started on Aug 1st,
After that I only called them once in Feb and they told me everything was fine and I have to wait for test invite, I didn’t follow up after that ...

My test invitation was sent by email on June 14,

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
just got an email for oath ceremony.

Oath invite July 10
Oath date August 7
decision made on July 8
Mississauga location

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Is it worth contacting the MP? Anyone any input / experience?
I am thinking of emailing the federal minister for immigration if i don't get invite by end of this week - if anyone else wants to here's the email id - Ahmed.Hussen at parl.gc.ca

Moderators please delete if posting email addresses is against the rules

Reactions: Muns59

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
I am thinking of emailing the federal minister for immigration if i don't get invite by end of this week - if anyone else wants to here's the email id - Ahmed.Hussen at parl.gc.ca

Had you contacted them through web form before you took the MP route?

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
@sunnybh or someone who have access to the sheet, can you please update?

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
Wow just saw an email with oath invitation and closer to become Canadian Citizen. Please update my details.
ID:- nov_2014
Decision made on Jan 21
Oath Letter date July 11
Oath Ceremony August 8
Oath Location:- Mississauga

Need to travel over 100 kms from my house to Oath Ceremony location but does not matter and I will share my experience how it goes.
All the best for rest of the applicants.

Reactions: Shamu

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016

Hi , same boat .. application received May 17th and in process July 18th .

It is at Scarborough office since August .I contacted them one year mark and they said they will send office a msg inquiring update .

I contacted again one month after that . The office apparently never responded to their msg . That was the call centre . I also submitted a web form and their reply said

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Scarborough. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. “
Really getting stressed waiting .

I was considering if to contact MP office . I like your idea about contacting Minister direct .

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hi , same boat .. application received May 17th and in process July 18th .

It is at Scarborough office since August .I contacted them one year mark and they said they will send office a msg inquiring update .

I contacted again one month after that . The office apparently never responded to their msg . That was the call centre . I also submitted a web form and their reply said

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Scarborough. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. “
Really getting stressed waiting .

I was considering if to contact MP office . I like your idea about contacting Minister direct .
The emails to ministers are checked by their office staff. They are too busy to do that. Even if they did, they won’t bother. They are occupied with more important stuff. This application is very important for us but for them it’s just a file, one in hundreds of thousands they have. I don’t think it will be of any help at all. No use getting stressed. I was very stressed till this morning but have now convinced my self that I have no option but to wait. Some of us are the unlucky ones who have to wait for a longer period of time. Sooner or later, the good day has to come.
Cheer up.

Shamu

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Today applied for a new passport .
10 days to wait )
Good luck to those who is still waiting ,it will be over soon .
Thanks to that forum again