May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
So I just called CIC and asked why my case was transfered to Missi**, she said because Scarbo** has high backlog, and I said: that's not what i see, there are applicants Missi** still waiting for test, she said: i cant comment on individual cases. Then I said, it is almost a year of processing time for me, is there anything i can do? she said, if you dont receive anything in 2 months, u can give us a call.

what can i say
Some Mississauga applicants are now being transferred to Scarborough. No one really knows how they operate and i'm sure those CIC call center agents don't know either

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Some Mississauga applicants are now being transferred to Scarborough. No one really knows how they operate and i'm sure those CIC call center agents don't know either
I think i kinda know what happens. Basically most applicants in Mississauga are stuck, so they transfer the earliest applicants to Scarborough, to get the pipe moving.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
I think i kinda know what happens. Basically most applicants in Mississauga are stuck, so they transfer the earliest applicants to Scarborough, to get the pipe moving.
At the same time, some Scarborough applicants are being processed in Mississauga. Also, it makes more sense to transfer new Mississauga applications to Scarborough rather than applications that are 12+ months old. That's why i said, no one really knows how IRCC works.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
At the same time, some Scarborough applicants are being processed in Mississauga. Also, it makes more sense to transfer new Mississauga applications to Scarborough rather than applications that are 12+ months old. That's why i said, no one really knows how IRCC works.
Mine was transfered to Mississauga from Scarborough.

The only way to explain is, old ones transfer to Scarborough to clear up backlog in Mississauga, recent ones in Scarborough are transfered to Mississauga to line up.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013

The only way to explain is, old ones transfer to Scarborough to clear up backlog in Mississauga, recent ones in Scarborough are transfered to Mississauga to line up.
Smart cabinet is trying something... stupid!

Kani1980

Nov 10, 2018
MARACH 2019 applicants alreayd got test invite!
2019, thats right..
lmao
we don't know what is happening for our file.... i have seen today in this forum, couple of Aug2018 applicants were got oath invite from mississauga office. but we are may2018 applicants still we are waiting in line for oath invite.

Reactions: Shamu

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
we don't know what is happening for our file.... i have seen today in this forum, couple of Aug2018 applicants were got oath invite from mississauga office. but we are may2018 applicants still we are waiting in line for oath invite.
yep. my colleague did, he applied 3 months after me. Similar age, same race, similar job.
only difference is I applied in May.
I think we all need to call and ask whats going on, so they feel the pressue.

Ashfaq10

Aug 7, 2012
App. Filed.......
11-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
I just received my GCMS notes and says a due date for everything of July 2019. What does that mean? Does it mean they wont touch my file till then?
My understanding is that they would have requested all the required information from different sources which they will review by the due date mentioned in GCMS notes.. and probably that will trigger test invite notification if there are no issues found in the application.

Ashfaq10

Aug 7, 2012
App. Filed.......
11-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Have you tried calling them? I have called a few times and was told same thing every time i.e. working on your security checks.
No point calling them before 12 months mark brother - will give them a shout sometime in July /after the due date that is mentioned in my GCSM..

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
My oath is at Scarborough 325 Milner Ave, 2nd Floor Scarborough ON M1B 5N1 . I am wondering is there parking available ?

Any one who done oath at 325 Milner Ave, 2nd Floor Scarborough ON M1B 5N1 ?

Kani1980

Nov 10, 2018

if Scarborough office has backlog.... how are they giving test & oath for June2018, July2018, Aug2018, applicants?

Kani1980

Nov 10, 2018
yep. my colleague did, he applied 3 months after me. Similar age, same race, similar job.
only difference is I applied in May.
I think we all need to call and ask whats going on, so they feel the pressue.
i called so many times & i asked also, i am living in Scarborough & i did my test & interview in Scarborough... so how can i transfer my file to Scarborough from Mississuga? agent told me...No Way ... file is in line for Oath invite... you have to wait...!

Friend4ever

Aug 15, 2012
So I just called CIC and asked why my case was transfered to Missi**, she said because Scarbo** has high backlog, and I said: that's not what i see, there are applicants Missi** still waiting for test, she said: i cant comment on individual cases. Then I said, it is almost a year of processing time for me, is there anything i can do? she said, if you dont receive anything in 2 months, u can give us a call.

what can i say
Don't worry too much about the movement of file, they do it to make the process faster. It helps applicants, so don't worry.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Don't worry too much about the movement of file, they do it to make the process faster. It helps applicants, so don't worry.
how is it helping the applicants? Those who weren't transfered to Mississuga already got oath, and those who applied after us already got oath too in both Mississuga and Scarborough. I don't see any reason for such transfer, besides slowing us down. It is not a first come first serve system, it is a luck based process