+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I got to talk to an agent this morning, and the
Hi everyone!
I live in toronto , I sent my app in may and went in process since july. Spoke to different agents with conflicting statements. One said that I would get my test date in February and another said that I am waiting to get a test date and she does not know when that will be I would have to wait and that everything was normal. The thing is that an agent told me that they try their level best to complete your application in one year but that for me is 2 months away... Anyone else from Toronto in the same boat as me? Should I call and ask? The last time I called the lady was very abrupt with me and I had only called twice before during this whole application ... Any advise/input would be appreciated!
I get the same reply whenever I ca
Thanks. I applied as a family applicant with my spouse and kids. So if I apply for GCMS will it contain information for all of us or only me?

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
I got to talk to an agent this morning, and the

I get the same reply whenever I ca

Thanks. I applied as a family applicant with my spouse and kids. So if I apply for GCMS will it contain information for all of us or only me?

You have to apply for each. I applied for myself and wife separately. You don't need to apply for the kids because their applications are largely tied to yours (you and spouse)

milhouze

Feb 25, 2019
Did you apply after or before getting your citizenship ? If before was it before they requested you the additional stuff for your us trips ?

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
You have to apply for each. I applied for myself and wife separately. You don't need to apply for the kids because their applications are largely tied to yours (you and spouse)
thank you. I am applying for myself and in the application there is a section which says what type of information are you requesting, should i click privacy act or access to information act?

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Did you apply after or before getting your citizenship ? If before was it before they requested you the additional stuff for your us trips ?
Applied before I got Decision Made to my ECAS and before I got my Oath invitation letter. My oath ceremony is scheduled for March 7, 2019.

I actually requested for the file twice. The first was two months after we did our test and the second was after they requested for more info on our USA trip. They actually requested for USA trip info on January 11 and immediately I submitted the file to CIC, I also requested for my file because it takes 30 days timeline for them to provide you a feedback.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
thank you. I am applying for myself and in the application there is a section which says what type of information are you requesting, should i click privacy act or access to information act?
Click Access to Information Act, and select Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Click Access to Information Act, and select Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thank you so much. Sorry one more question. Under question, Which specific information are you looking for?, do i check the option, status update of file or the option, the application and supporting documents and correspondence.

Thanks once again

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Thank you so much. Sorry one more question. Under question, Which specific information are you looking for?, do i check the option, status update of file or the option, the application and supporting documents and correspondence.

Thanks once again
Go for application and supporting documents and correspondence. It gives you a comprehensive list of what was done on your file. Though some information may be blanked out due to National Security.

Like in my case they left some pages blank and reference some Legislative Acts which when I searched these Acts on the Internet, they kind of relate to National Security which I suspect may be information they obtained during security/criminality check

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Go for application and supporting documents and correspondence. It gives you a comprehensive list of what was done on your file. Though some information may be blanked out due to National Security.

Like in my case they left some pages blank and reference some Legislative Acts which when I searched these Acts on the Internet, they kind of relate to National Security which I suspect may be information they obtained during security/criminality check

Thanks.

milhouze

Feb 25, 2019

Thanks a lot mate, so actually there's a real mean to see what's going on behind the in process status. I wonder why they never say that when you call them and they tell you nothing apart from your application being currently processed.

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
I sent a letter last November to Case processing center - Sydney, asking them about my applications, and they reply just yesterday sating that my applications we returned on July 18th, 2018.
I never receive anything from them, I don't know why it's returned, I lost 9 months of time and I don't know what to do know.

I completely lost.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I sent a letter last November to Case processing center - Sydney, asking them about my applications, and they reply just yesterday sating that my applications we returned on July 18th, 2018.
I never receive anything from them, I don't know why it's returned, I lost 9 months of time and I don't know what to do know.

I completely lost.
Did you not receive any AOR?

Reactions: Abud83

Sam59

Jul 19, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have a question, on CIC website it's mentioned that around 80% of applicants will have their process completed in 12 months!
If that's the case, on March 2018 we should have around 80% of applicants at oath Ceremony stage, there are only 46% though(It's almost half!!). Let say there are 10% or so who didn't update their info, still a huge gap.
If you look at Feb 2018 it's 50% and Jan is only 51%.

Can someone explain why we don't see anything close to 80% for those who applied over a year ago?!

Thanks

Reactions: panraman

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi Friends,

I have a question, on CIC website it's mentioned that around 80% of applicants will have their process completed in 12 months!
If that's the case, on March 2018 we should have around 80% of applicants at oath Ceremony stage, there are only 46% though(It's almost half!!). Let say there are 10% or so who didn't update their info, still a huge gap.
If you look at Feb 2018 it's 50% and Jan is only 51%.

Can someone explain why we don't see anything close to 80% for those who applied over a year ago?!

Thanks
Again this is just an estimate based on all the applications IRCC received.
Keep in mind this forum represents a very small portion of the entire pool of applicants. The majority will not be on this forum, some are silent readers and some do not update their status on the tracking sheet after a while.