+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
From the data on sheet, it seems 240 days from IP date. you should have received by now. Your IP date is not updated on sheet though
From the data on sheet, it seems 240 days from IP date. you should have received by now. Your IP date is not updated on sheet though
I
Hi, please update my info:

16/08/2018 - In process
01/03/2019 - Received test letter
19/03/2019 - Test date

Thank you!

Which one is your processing centre?

milhouze

Feb 25, 2019
Hi i have a question about the decision made status. I have passed my test 19 of december and the guy told me there that he accepted my application after the test interview but since then i still don't see a decisions made status but the same in process status. I am in Montreal. is that normal ? Because i am seeing that most people will get the decision made status a few days after passing the test.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Hello,

My ECAS shows "decision made" since February 15th. No news or invitation so far :(
You are almost there. Some have been very lucky to get their oath letter immediately they have the "Decision Made" line on their ECAS while others have not been.

Hi i have a question about the decision made status. I have passed my test 19 of december and the guy told me there that he accepted my application after the test interview but since then i still don't see a decisions made status but the same in process status. I am in Montreal. is that normal ? Because i am seeing that most people will get the decision made status a few days after passing the test.
In my own case I did my test on October 29 but didn’t have decision made until January 29. That was like 3 months after my test date and a week later we got our oath invitation letter.

Though we omitted about two trips my wife made to the USA in our application form and we were requested to provide an I-94 from US Customs and Border which we did and got our oath letter afterwards.

I also requested for my citizenship file and found the back and forth as to how my file was moving from the person that interviewed us after the test to a senior review officer. Saw all the comments and correspondence that were being made on our files.

So if you don’t have any issues like mine, sooner you should get your decision made line and oath letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: milhouze

milhouze

Feb 25, 2019
I also requested for my citizenship file and found the back and forth as to how my file was moving from the person that interviewed us after the test to a senior review officer. Saw all the comments and correspondence that were being made on our files.

So if you don’t have any issues like mine, sooner you should get your decision made line and oath letter.
Waouw i didnt know you could have that ? Who did you ask and when to get your file ? Before getting the citizenship or after ? I have declared all of my trips but for some of my US trips, mainly the one i did when i was permanent resident, i have seen that some border seal was missing, i forgot which one though the american or canadian side.

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
You are almost there. Some have been very lucky to get their oath letter immediately the have the "Decision Made" line on their ECAS while others have not been.

In my own case I did my test on October 29 but didn’t have decision made until January 29. That was like 3 months after my test date and a week later we got our oath invitation letter.

Though we omitted about two trips my wife made to the USA in our application form and we were requested to provide an I-94 from US Customs and Border which we did and got our oath letter afterwards.

I put a wrong returning date to canada, for a trip back to home country 4 years ago, it is just 2 days off, and the days I stayed in Canada are far enough. Even so, I was asked to visit again the cic office to provide proof of my trip, 2 weeks after my test. The agent was so rude over the phone, when I explained to her I made a mistake and the number of days in canada is more than enough, you can just substract yourself, because I booked my trip via a travel agent and I didnt keep the document. The agent said in a super arrogant voice: well it is your problem, come see me xxx, otherwise, it is your responsibility.

At the end I brought the stamp on my work permit (the board stamped it on my work permit not the passport). She stared at and yelled at me and said: I asked you to bring me the proof of your trip, not your work permit. ...

Anyways, in the end, she took it and showed it to her supervisor. Things solved. And now waiting for the oath letter.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
You are almost there. Some have been very lucky to get their oath letter immediately the have the "Decision Made" line on their ECAS while others have not been.

Can you let me know how to request citizenship file?

nazk

Jul 9, 2018
Hi everyone!
I live in toronto , I sent my app in may and went in process since july. Spoke to different agents with conflicting statements. One said that I would get my test date in February and another said that I am waiting to get a test date and she does not know when that will be I would have to wait and that everything was normal. The thing is that an agent told me that they try their level best to complete your application in one year but that for me is 2 months away... Anyone else from Toronto in the same boat as me? Should I call and ask? The last time I called the lady was very abrupt with me and I had only called twice before during this whole application ... Any advise/input would be appreciated!

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Waouw i didnt know you could have that ? Who did you ask and when to get your file ? Before getting the citizenship or after ? I have declared all of my trips but for some of my US trips, mainly the one i did when i was permanent resident, i have seen that some border seal was missing, i forgot which one though the american or canadian side.

You can request for your immigration/citizenship file by virtue of the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act. You have the right to request the information at a fee of just $5.

Use this link to request for it: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

If you omitted some trip to the USA because you don't know which of the entry or exit stamps, be sure to expect a request to provide your traveling history to the USA.

This was the link CIC sent to us to print our traveling history to the USA: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

Last edited:

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Reactions: venugopalt