Hello everyone,

Today i got my AOR

Application Sent May 14 2018
Application Received May 18 2018
AOR: July 17 2018

Reactions: jangotrick

nbo2018

Jul 9, 2018
My ECAS is updated showing application received: FYI from ECAS for all of you who keep asking about the steps during the application review process:

Client Application Status
FAQ | Security
Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)
This diagram explains each step in the application process. Please contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.

Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)
Status of your application

Explanation

RECEIVED

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship officer or citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

If you are between the ages of 14 and 64, you will have to meet the knowledge and language requirements for citizenship. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Adult applicants who are 65 years old or older are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship officer or citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

Application Withdrawn
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise us before a decision on your application has been made.

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.

If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.

If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Reactions: harvie

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Looks like all those who have received AOR would need to wait another 60 days now to get test invite. Any stats on how much time is it taking now

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Looks like all those who have received AOR would need to wait another 60 days now to get test invite. Any stats on how much time is it taking now
It looks like that it is 60 days from AOR date to ""In Process"' status change. Some example dates below.

Case 1 - App Recieved : 06 Apr 18 : AOR : 23 May 18 : In Process : 17 July
Case 2 - App Recieved : 19 Apr 18 : AOR : 29 May 18 : In Process : 12 July
Case 3 - App Recieved : 13 Apr 18 : AOR : 25 May 18 : In Process : 11 July

Currently äpplications are being processed for applicants whose applications were received (AOR) in third week of May. Another 4-6 weeks to start processing applications received (AOR) in 4th week of May and June before July AOR applications start getting processed.

Test invite would take a little more longer than the "In Process" application status change. Applications from Calgary have started to speed up as it shows around 50 days between AOR and 'In Process" status change.

Last edited:
Reactions: harvie

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
It looks like that it is 60 days from AOR date to ""In Process"' status change.

Currently äpplications are being processed for applicants whose applications were received (AOR) in third week of May. Another 4-6 weeks to start processing applications received (AOR) in 4th week of May and June before July AOR applications start getting processed.

Test invite would take a little more longer than the "In Process" application status change. Applications from Calgary have started to speed up as it shows around 50 days between AOR and 'In Process" status change.
Thanks @jangotrick.

Reactions: jangotrick

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
It looks like that it is 60 days from AOR date to ""In Process"' status change. Some example dates below.

Case 1 - App Recieved : 06 Apr 18 : AOR : 23 May 18 : In Process : 17 July
Case 2 - App Recieved : 19 Apr 18 : AOR : 29 May 18 : In Process : 12 July
Case 3 - App Recieved : 13 Apr 18 : AOR : 25 May 18 : In Process : 11 July

So 2 months from application received to AOR then 2 months from AOR to IP then 2 months from IP to test invite then 1 r 2 months to test visit then 2 months to ceremony ? Am I understanding this correctly?

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Here are some more observations for those are interested and glued to the processing timeline biting their nails :)

a) The longest time period in 2018 between application received and AOR issued was 202 days in October 2017 due to the surge in applications.
So 2 months from application received to AOR then 2 months from AOR to IP then 2 months from IP to test invite then 1 r 2 months to test visit then 2 months to ceremony ? Am I understanding this correctly?
In the best case, this is the timeline and your understanding is correct.

AmirATM

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Here are some more observations for those are interested and glued to the processing timeline biting their nails :)

a) The longest time period in 2018 between application received and AOR issued was 202 days in October 2017 due to the surge in applications.

In the best case, this is the timeline and your understanding is correct.
Thanks for the prompt reply .... Finger crossed I was thinking faster, I had friend who got his citizenship withing 5 months but I guess it was due to the C6 changes.( He was before C6) ... I am in Montreal, I am still hoping will be faster for me because, I got my PR card renewed in February after 8 months under secondary review .... Applied for citizenship 4 months after , so I am guessing CIC verified all they need to verify in order to renew my PR , thus this scrutiny should not take place for citizenship application .... wishful thinking :)

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the prompt reply .... Finger crossed I was thinking faster, I had friend who got his citizenship withing 5 months but I guess it was due to the C6 changes.( He was before C6) ... I am in Montreal, I am still hoping will be faster for me because, I got my PR card renewed in February after 8 months under secondary review .... Applied for citizenship 4 months after , so I am guessing CIC verified all they need to verify in order to renew my PR , thus this scrutiny should not take place for citizenship application .... wishful thinking :)
PR applications only entail criminal checks unless they are sent for secondary review. In secondary review they carry out both "Criminal" and "Vulnerability Checks". As biometrics kick in, all applications will start going through both type of checks. It seems that your Citizenship application should sail through if "extra administrative checks" were carried out pretty recently. Good luck !