+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Do you think it would be proactive to just get the biometrics done and just send it to them even if they don't ask for it? I don't mind paying for it just to get it done as I am getting married in January and wont be in the county from nov-feb
No, it is not a good idea.

CIC processes application on a stage based, process flow guided software. When they start your application, the first thing they carry out is a security check. If a full or partial name match is triggered even after adding additional details, then they ask for fingerprints. Then a new stage shows up in the process flow (FP required) which interlocks further progress till the FP results are received. The application does not proceed ahead till the FP results are received and usually within 15-20 of start of application processing, an FP request will be made.

If you carry out fingerprints check on your own and link it with your application file number, it will most likely trigger a red flag in CIC and will lead to delays in your application. What you can do instead is to carry out a self "Criminal Check" and "Vulnerability Check" for which fingerprints will be required. Now, these FPs will be linked to your key details like PR Card, Drivers License etc. If you carry out a self-check, the only good thing is that CIC will not get a "false positive" name check during the processing.

However, I must say that it will be taking it too far to get FP's done prior to CIC notification unless required.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supercanadian

nazk

Jul 9, 2018
No, it is not a good idea.

CIC processes application on a staged based, process flow guided software. When they start your application, the first thing they carry out is a security check. If a full or partial name match is triggered even after adding additional details, then they ask for fingerprints. Then a new stage shows up in the process flow which progresses ahead when the FP results are received. The application does not proceed ahead till the FP results are received and usually within 15-20 of start of application processing, an application request will be made.

If you carry out fingerprints and link it with your application file number, it will most likely trigger a red flag in CIC and will lead to delays in your application. What you can do instead is to carry out a self "Criminal Check" and "Vulnerability Check" for which fingerprints will be required. Now, these FPs will be linked to your key details like PR Card, Drivers License etc. As such, if there is no risk, CIC will not get a "false positive" name check during the processing.

However, I must say that it will be taking it too far to get FP's done prior to CIC notification unless required.
Got it. I'll just leave things as is and if they ask for anything then do it then. Hopefully they won't need it. Thanks so much for the feedback!

decentbunty

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received the AOR :) Please update the sheet.
App. Delivered May 17, 2018
AOR: July 16, 2018

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
My app got delivered on May 18, 2018. No AOR yet. Almost 60 days have passed.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
My app got delivered on May 18, 2018. No AOR yet. Almost 60 days have passed.
60 to 66 days has been the average period offlate for AOR. It is possible that your file is sitting at the bottom of a batch which is being processed. Hopefully within the next 7-10 days you should get your AOR.

inderpalsidhu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2011
Jagraon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs To VO 25 Nov 2010
AOR Received.
Date on AOR recieved dec 2010
File Transfer...
August 2010
Med's Request
14 march and new born med req 24 sep
Med's Done....
18 march and 26 sep recieved by VO 27 sep
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 march
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on 17 sep 2013, waiting for passport
LANDED..........
may be nov 2013
Got AOR today by email

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017

Np8226652

Jul 17, 2018
Hello
Everyone i am May 14 applicant
But i am still waiting for My AOR.
Anyone has any guesses when I will get it my AOR.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
As per the latest timeline..how long (months) does it takes on an average to get the passport in hand...just enquiring...I understand that every case is different but in general..

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
As per the latest timeline..how long (months) does it takes on an average to get the passport in hand...just enquiring...I understand that every case is different but in general..
Passport is 20 days from the date of application after you get your Citizenship Grant. If you meant first time Citizenship grant, it looks like this year it will be close to 7-8 months on an average given the recent delays in AOR and commencement of processing.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
How the federal government may be creating refugee backlogs
A new report suggests that Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board be restructured or replaced — but experts say the approach ignores wider systemic issues.

Late last month, the federal government released a review of Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board that considered the rising number of asylum claims and backlogged cases, and the growing wait times for hearings and appeals. Noting that the IRB is facing a refugee-claims surge that it’s “ill-equipped to manage,” the independently conducted report warns that leaving the board as is runs the risk of “creating a large backlog that, if not tackled promptly, may take years to bring to final resolution.” In order to address this, the report suggests that the government restructure or replace the IRB arm that oversees asylum claims and that it immediately provide material assistance to the IRB to help it address the mounting application backlogs.

Making temporary-hiring increases a permanent part of the board’s mandate, she says, would also go a long way toward addressing the claims spikes that do, in fact, come and go. Last week, the federal government reported that claim numbers dropped in May and June, bringing overall numbers down to what they had been before June 2017.

https://tvo.org/article/current-affairs/how-the-federal-government-may-be-creating-refugee-backlogs