+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
My application was recieved on 04 May and I am still waiting for AOR. Please do post here when you receive your AOR ? I am from Calgary as well.
You should get yours this week or next week by weekend. Mine was sent in the 28th of April and received on the 2nd(Calgary too)AOE was sent on the 18th, so you are very close. Again, AOE has nothing to do with your processing time, it all comes down to your processing centre

Reactions: jangotrick

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
You should get yours this week or next week by weekend. Mine was sent in the 28th of April and received on the 2nd(Calgary too)AOE was sent on the 18th, so you are very close. Again, AOE has nothing to do with your processing time, it all comes down to your processing centre
Thanks much. Looking at all the date, it is unusual delay for the AOR's. Of course, if the AOR is received late, it means that the processing starts late, although can finish early. Will keep you posted.

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks much. Looking at all the date, it is unusual delay for the AOR's. Of course, if the AOR is received late, it means that the processing starts late, although can finish late. Will keep you posted.
Not necessarily that way. They do it by batch system at times if things are routine in their eyes. Not first to race out get to finish line first. Calgary is usually very fast, my guess is summer holidays for members. They refuse to hire more people, while taking holidays like crazy. Also, they tend to act faster during election years, so that people can vote their people in or out.

Reactions: jangotrick

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Not necessarily that way. They do it by batch system at times if things are routine in their eyes. Not first to race out get to finish line first. Calgary is usually very fast, my guess is summer holidays for members. They refuse to hire more people, while taking holidays like crazy. Also, they tend to act faster during election years, so that people can vote their people in or out.
Yep, my guess is also the holidays and staff on leave.

softfuel12

Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-12-2014
Med's Request
02-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
04-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2016
LANDED..........
21-03-2016
AOR received today!

ID: Softfuel12
App.Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence Days: 1118
App Sent: Apr 28, 2018
App Recd: May 02, 2018
AOR - Jun 27, 2018

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
AOR received today!

ID: Evgenii
App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,102
App Sent: Apr 29, 2018
App Recd: May 02, 2018
AOR - Jun 27, 2018
Quick Question. Do you get an email that on the AOR or you have to keep checking the status online ?

adol316

May 29, 2018
Those who have received AOR already: did you get an email, a physical letter, or did you suddenly find your ECAS login was working and it displayed an AOR?

ralose

Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

Please include me on the spreadsheet. Also I have a question. When I applied for citizenship I made a mistake for my current address since I move there the day I applied and I used the address from the lease which was wrong. I am assuming this should not affect the AOR since I believe I sent all the documentation and I just need to give them a call as soon as I get my AOR to update my current information. Am I right?

Single app
File sent: May 5
App received: May 7
Physical days: 1,350
City: Halifax
AOR: awating

Thanks!

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

Please include me on the spreadsheet. Also I have a question. When I applied for citizenship I made a mistake for my current address since I move there the day I applied and I used the address from the lease which was wrong. I am assuming this should not affect the AOR since I believe I sent all the documentation and I just need to give them a call as soon as I get my AOR to update my current information. Am I right?

Single app
File sent: May 5
App received: May 7
Physical days: 1,350
City: Halifax
AOR: awating

Thanks!
No need to wait for the AOR. Go to this link and submit the new address, provide your UCID, PR Card Number + Receipt Number and Postal Track ID so that they can identify your file if the packet has not been opened.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coa

It will not impact the AOR but it is always a good idea to have the most updated address on the file.

Last edited: