+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Well hopefully it reaches soon and you get that date .

On the ATIP notes it says test ready ?

Wondering if to re-order mine but was waiting for a reply from the office first but it looks like that reply taking too long .
No, I called them early May and I was told the file is in Mississauga waiting for test. The status as I was told was “TEST READY”. I called them again in June and they said they sent the file to Scarborough in order to get a test date faster. Since then the status has been in transit. Have recently ordered GCMS and waiting for it. Had they not sent the file to Scarborough I would have completed the processing by now.

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Oh I understand . That really sucks . I don’t even think my file is test ready as yet . Not sure if the msg about checking eligibility is generic . Will ask them when I call them .
If by next month I don’t hear anything , I guess I will visit my MP to write a letter . I doubt it will make a difference but I will probably be desperate at that point

nick_689

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Just heard back from my MP office and the web form . Beyond frustrated now with these generic responses.

MP response:
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on May 28, 2018.
  • The criminality and security verifications are currently valid.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application,
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.
  • We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
Web Form Response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Scarborough. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the estimated processing time and for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

Although the estimated time may vary depending on each case, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Just heard back from my MP office and the web form . Beyond frustrated now with these generic responses.

MP response:
  • The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on May 28, 2018.
  • As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application,
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.
  • We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
Web Form Response:

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Scarborough. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website for the estimated processing time and for the steps following the submission of a Citizenship application.

Although the estimated time may vary depending on each case, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to process your application within established processing times.

Really frustrating!!!!

Rose15

Aug 8, 2015

MP response:
Web Form Response:

I got the same respond from them (webform), it feel so sad that friends and other people that i helped to apply for their citizenship became citizen already while im here still waiting for my test invite.

withhardshipcomesease

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Hi. I viewed someone who applied Feb 2019 from Sydney, NS got his/her test scheduled for Aug 8,2019 . Not sure if he/she taking the test in Sydney or Halifax. Hopefully to get the test invite soon.
Wow! Must be nice for them to not have to wait a year .... Haha thanks for letting me know, I'll keep checking ecas.

Reactions: Hanskywalker

Mohbali31

Aug 7, 2018
My status has been changed from in process to decision made today . They requested for my finger prints on 6th June and i sent them the finger prints on 10th June .Please update in excel sheet

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016

MP response:
Web Form Response:

Same generic response I got for my web form last month .. they can at least show some empathy when we reasonably contact them regarding our delays while other cases are being processed .

Guess it has no difference contacting the mp . Always wondered if because they asked it may leave to an expedition

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Hi,
Please update the tracking document. Today, Saturday at 1:20 PM ET I recieved Oath invite by email.
Citizentship filed: May 18, 2018
Applicant Single, downtown Toronto
Test: Scarbrough office Jan 17, 2019
Oath invite: July 20
Oath date: August 20, Mississauga

Reactions: Shamu

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Same generic response I got for my web form last month .. they can at least show some empathy when we reasonably contact them regarding our delays while other cases are being processed .

Guess it has no difference contacting the mp . Always wondered if because they asked it may leave to an expedition
Got the same generic response on my wife’s web form enquiry. Same wording as others here. Although I was told in May that the application is TEST READY, the email says Scarborough will check eligibility once they receive the file. Web forms and phone calls are a waste of time. They won’t tell us the actual status. Any one else got a test date or an update?

Pato894

Aug 21, 2018
Hi guys, I checked my account and it says that my Oath Ceremony will be on August 7 at 9 a.m. However, I haven't received any invitation letter nor email nor mail. Is that normal?