+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

canvan14

May 8, 2014
My test is on 14th Jan 2019 and I am preparing papers to bring with me.
You mentioned "Landing paper", could you please explain what is that paper? Do you mean "Confirmation of permanent resident"?
In the letter I received, it was written "If you have an Immigration Record of landing (IMM 1000) AND a Permanent Resident Card (PRC), you MUST
bring both documents.". I search google and find out that "Immigration Record of landing" was used before 2002, and was replaced by "Confirmation of permanent resident". Does it mean that I must bring ONLY the PR card.
Can anybody confirm please!

Thank you
"Landing paper" meant "Confirmation of permanent resident" paper that you got after you landed. I brought both to be on the safe side but the officer only checked my PR card, ID (driver license in my case), and passport stamps.
Good luck!

Reactions: Cooper-montreal

Cooper-montreal

Dec 19, 2018
"Landing paper" meant "Confirmation of permanent resident" paper that you got after you landed. I brought both to be on the safe side but the officer only checked my PR card, ID (driver license in my case), and passport stamps.
Good luck!
Thank you very much for answering.
I have one more question, please.
Since I got my PR, I traveled to Japan (2 weeks) and England (2 weeks). I have stamps from Japan and England showing that I arrived to the countries. However I do NOT see any stamp on my passport from Canada showing that I re-entered back to Canada.
Will that be a problem at the interview?

Thank you again,

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Since I got my PR, I traveled to Japan (2 weeks) and England (2 weeks). I have stamps from Japan and England showing that I arrived to the countries. However I do NOT see any stamp on my passport from Canada showing that I re-entered back to Canada.

Thank you again,
Nopes as canada does not stamp passport. So no issues as IRCC would have already got report from CBSA about your travel history and entry exit dates. But make sure you note down dates you travelled and came back in case interviewer asks you about them

Reactions: Cooper-montreal

Cooper-montreal

Dec 19, 2018
Nopes as canada does not stamp passport. So no issues as IRCC would have already got report from CBSA about your travel history and entry exit dates. But make sure you note down dates you travelled and came back in case interviewer asks you about them
Zmaqsood, you make my day!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagerbeaver406

Jun 8, 2018
Today our daughter received a request to attend test / interview in Halifax on 8 January, she took her test/ interview on 18 October and passed , it is myself and husband waiting for interview as we could not attend on October 18 as we were out of the country , we asked for a re schedule.
Our daughter called cic today and spoke to an agent who wasn’t very helpful , he told her we should attend on the8 January then he backtracked and said we should call cic ,our daughter called again and spoke with another agent as she was not happy with the first,this agent was more helpful and said she would contact Halifax to see what was going on .
I called cic myself and all I got was what was on my acas that I could do for myself by going to my application status online .
Our daughter has now emailed Halifax to sort this out ,we are awaiting a reply .

hmel

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
I am as well in same boat from Toronto.
I have called up CIC this morning and call agent said all good and application is in process.
File has been sent to local office. Not sure if I can consider this as progress?

My PR card is expiring in Mar 2019. I am not sure how to go about?
I have been told that; if I am not planning to travel out of country then its ok if I don't get it renewed and wait for Citizen application update? Does it sound ok?

Any advise is appreciated.
similar boat man!!!!!!!
My home country passport will expire in 6 months, and I need to go to US often which requires passport valid at least 6 months, so I have to renew my home country passport and do everything again.

I called countless times, they just said: oh it is in process, oh you need to wait for one year and call us back if there is no test yet.

For your question, if you are not leaving Canada, you dont need to renew your PR card. BUT, if I were you, I would still do so, just in case GOD knows how long this damn "in process" take, maybe a year? maybe 6 months?

canvan14

May 8, 2014

Thank you again,
Canada uses automated system where CBSA will have a record of you entering back into the country just by scanning your passport/PR card at the airport. As long as you have both entry and exit stamps from Japan and England you are good to go.

toussaint

Jul 17, 2014
I received my invitation to the citizenship ceremony today via email.

It indicates my case was approved November 21st.

Ceremony is on January 24th in Vancouver at 8:00 AM.

Prior to this, ECAS had already indicated that my ceremony would be taking place at this date and time.

Reactions: jt021590

Gebrial

Aug 15, 2018
I received my invitation to the citizenship ceremony today via email.

It indicates my case was approved November 21st.

Ceremony is on January 24th in Vancouver at 8:00 AM.

Prior to this, ECAS had already indicated that my ceremony would be taking place at this date and time.
Congrats. Did you receive Ceremony date second day right after test?

Eagerbeaver406

Jun 8, 2018
Citizenship interview scheduled for 8 January ,for my husband only ,found this out by going on ecas, no e mail sent ,my status hasn’t changed as they sent notification to our daughter instead of me ,daughter sat her test in October and passed 20/20,so I can only assume I will be scheduled as well and will attend , waiting for Halifax office to reply to daughter about mix up , hope this will lead to oath ceremony soon ,please update ,thanks .

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
A quick question.

My PR card is expiring in January 2019. No update on the citizenship application.

I dont have any travel plans until summer. Is it mandatory to renew the PR card or i can wait a few more months that i receive my citizenship.

Thanks and season greetings!
Ovais

pearl2018

Oct 14, 2018
A quick question.

My PR card is expiring in January 2019. No update on the citizenship application.

I dont have any travel plans until summer. Is it mandatory to renew the PR card or i can wait a few more months that i receive my citizenship.

Thanks and season greetings!
Ovais
Well whatever i know... process takes long even after test and without PR u cant travel at all... so better to apply for PR card.. i m from Toronto n my PR is expiring June, havnt appeared in test yet so i have recently applied for PR bcoz GTA takes longer as compare to others..