+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Francisa

Jun 26, 2018
Just done with my test today in calgary. Passed it and had an interview where they looked out for my date stamps on the passport to match the application.
He said all is good and I will get a call in next 2-3 months time for the ceremony.

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
To all Calgary applicants, it seems that all applicants are getting system generated emails for Test confirmation at 7:34 AM Mountain Standard Time.

Can someone confirm if they had a different email time stamp? For all of us who are frequently checking, it would help to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitin-Nitin

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Jangotrick, it looks like you and me are the only Calgary May applicants who didn't get the invite so far. Now June applicants started to receive test invite now as per spreadsheet.
Did you call the CIC call center recently?

Last edited:

jangotrick

Jun 26, 2018
Hi Jangotrick, it looks like you and me are the only Calgary May applicants who didn't get the invite so far.
Did you hear anything recently from the CiC call center agent?

Called today again and they said the same thing. Background, Security and Criminality checked completed and passed and please wait for the test. I had also notified them that I am travelling from 20 Nov to mid-December, so the test date will come in Demeber only likely. The agent also confirmed that Calgary has experienced a surge of refugee and citizenship applications, is slower than normal. Obviously, those on this site are not the complete list of applications.

Did you call and check whether your background, security and criminality checks are completed? If you run into an unhelpful agent, call again and tell the next agent that my call got disconnected and my question was not answered. They will tell you the specifics.

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Called today again and they said the same thing. Background, Security and Criminality checked completed and passed and please wait for the test. I had also notified them that I am travelling from 20 Nov to mid-December, so the test date will come in Demeber only likely. The agent also confirmed that Calgary has experienced a surge of refugee and citizenship applications, is slower than normal. Obviously, those on this site are not the complete list of applications.

Did you call and check whether your background, security and criminality checks are completed? If you run into an unhelpful agent, call again and tell the next agent that my call got disconnected and my question was not answered. They will tell you the specifics.
I called yesterday, and got same answer that background check is done and officer is verifying some information. They dont need anything from my side and its immigration officer who has to do review. The call center agent didn't explain what kind of verification is pending.
June applicants are getting test invite now as per spreadsheet. I'm worried with the delay

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Did you have a lot of travel history? I have a lot of travel history
No.
I only travelled back home 3 -4 times in last 5 years and all my stays were very short. Never visited any other third country.
The agent told me he can see an update on my file in recent month. But again gave no explanation on that update. He said it's a good thing that he can see an update as it shows someone is working on application. But I have no clue what's causing the delay. I was not even asked for fingerprints and other documents. Looked my application was going smooth and suddenly it went in backlog.