May 2018 AOR - join here

Miniangel

Mar 13, 2018
Chile
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
29-05-2018
Hellooo. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm requesting my notes soon, but I also emailed Ralph about my application and I got this reply:

Eligibility passed.

Criminality passed Sept 19, 2018.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Apr 9, 2019.

Where am I at this point? NA1? NA2? IP2? From what I understand, I'm just waiting for the background check now? I'm a little confused :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys!
I just received PPR.
Time line as below.
AOR - 19/05/2018
Medicals Passed & IP2 - 31/05/2018 (No IP1 as in many Inland and CEC applicants)
PPR - 13/11/2018 ( 178 days)
FSW - Inland
VO - Montreal

But there is a small issue. Only I (dependent) received the request. The message says that the primary applicant will be contacted separately. Any idea how long this is going to take? Anybody who faced similar issues can share their experience as it seems a little unusual and would be greatly helpful.

@legalfalcon ..Can you share your thoughts on how long IRCC takes to contact the primary applicant?

Thanks in advance!
Is the PA and dependent in different countries? Usually IRCC will contact the PA within a week.

amypls4

Jul 11, 2017
Hellooo. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm requesting my notes soon, but I also emailed Ralph about my application and I got this reply:

Eligibility passed.

Criminality passed Sept 19, 2018.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Apr 9, 2019.

Where am I at this point? NA1? NA2? IP2? From what I understand, I'm just waiting for the background check now? I'm a little confused :(

You have nothing to worry..ur eligibility met means u r in good hands.security can be cleard even within 24 hrs...cheer upppp

Reactions: Miniangel

Kesc

Nov 14, 2018
Colombia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
17-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
We got this email a couple of hours ago, has anyone here received the same email? What do you guys think

“We are writing to inform you that the stipulated time frame under the Access to Information Act, within which IRCC has to release GCMS notes, has expired and IRCC has not yet released your GCMS notes. The delay could be due to your application being at the final stage - where IRCC prioritizes completing of the approval over GCMS; administrative delays; processing of the application by a different agency; purposeful non-release, or any other factor. IRCC does not disclose the reason.

We have filed a status request with IRCC concerning your request. As soon as we hear anything back, we will promptly notify you.

In an eventuality, if we do not hear anything from IRCC in the next 2 weeks, the only resort left would be to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner of Canada (ICC), the agency that oversees the release of information requested under the Access toInformation Act. Please be advised that we will only file complaints with ICC if we do not receive a response from IRCC, and only if you are interested in filing the complaint, at no additional cost to you. Further, if the complaint is filed, it has no impact on the processing of your immigration application. All federal agencies have to report the compliance of information requests to ICC anyway.

We, at GET GCMS are committed to providing you the best services and will work diligently towards procuring your GCMS notes as soon as we can. However, we have no control on working of IRCC, but will continue to follow up with them and keep you apprised.

If you may have any questions or concerns in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you”

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys!
I just received PPR.
Time line as below.
AOR - 19/05/2018
Medicals Passed & IP2 - 31/05/2018 (No IP1 as in many Inland and CEC applicants)
PPR - 13/11/2018 ( 178 days)
FSW - Inland
VO - Montreal

But there is a small issue. Only I (dependent) received the request. The message says that the primary applicant will be contacted separately. Any idea how long this is going to take? Anybody who faced similar issues can share their experience as it seems a little unusual and would be greatly helpful.

@legalfalcon ..Can you share your thoughts on how long IRCC takes to contact the primary applicant?

Thanks in advance!
@cansha a Montreal case

Superman89

Mar 20, 2018
An Update- Still no News here 26th May AOR- Ip1- wrote an email to my Local Visa office- No response.
Called CIC two days back- they mentioned they cant help me- since my file is in Sydney (Australia )

So 173 days today, :)

D

Deleted member 810875

An Update- Still no News here 26th May AOR- Ip1- wrote an email to my Local Visa office- No response.
Called CIC two days back- they mentioned they cant help me- since my file is in Sydney (Australia )

So 173 days today, :)
Are you sure it is in Sydney, Australia & not Sydney, Nova Scotia?

My file has been in Sydney, NS since May & I have RR for job duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tobs

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
Yes.The primary applicant is in Canada and the dependent is in India.
Will the primary applicant get a PPR or a landing interview?
Thanks.
Th landing interview is more of a formality. So no need to be concerned, just wait a little and you will have an email from IRCC.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
We got this email a couple of hours ago, has anyone here received the same email? What do you guys think

“We are writing to inform you that the stipulated time frame under the Access to Information Act, within which IRCC has to release GCMS notes, has expired and IRCC has not yet released your GCMS notes. The delay could be due to your application being at the final stage - where IRCC prioritizes completing of the approval over GCMS; administrative delays; processing of the application by a different agency; purposeful non-release, or any other factor. IRCC does not disclose the reason.

We have filed a status request with IRCC concerning your request. As soon as we hear anything back, we will promptly notify you.

In an eventuality, if we do not hear anything from IRCC in the next 2 weeks, the only resort left would be to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner of Canada (ICC), the agency that oversees the release of information requested under the Access toInformation Act. Please be advised that we will only file complaints with ICC if we do not receive a response from IRCC, and only if you are interested in filing the complaint, at no additional cost to you. Further, if the complaint is filed, it has no impact on the processing of your immigration application. All federal agencies have to report the compliance of information requests to ICC anyway.

We, at GET GCMS are committed to providing you the best services and will work diligently towards procuring your GCMS notes as soon as we can. However, we have no control on working of IRCC, but will continue to follow up with them and keep you apprised.

If you may have any questions or concerns in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you”
What begs the question here is, since GCMS notes requests are processed by a different department than the one that processes applications and hence, these 2 can be processed in parallel, why would IRCC prioritize processing the application over processing the GCMS notes request if the two can be done simultaneously and are supposedly done by 2 different departments ?