+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2018 AOR - join here

Rocky2k17

Jun 14, 2017
Not always. When I called about a month ago they said that they are doing it simultaneously and my eligibility not yet passed, while some background checks have been initiated. But I am guessing it is for the people who get IP2 status right away and unfortunately, doesn't mean faster processing as you can see from my status :oops:
well, patience stays the only key then and I can only wish that luck favors us all for a faster processing. -)

Reactions: Elenyan

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Just out of curiosity, if they are processing background check, which I believe is IP2, would the eligibility recommended as passed or entirely passed?
It just means background checks have started. They may happen simultaneously with eligibility. That happens because sometimes criminality checks may start earlier.

That´s my case, by the way. IP2 since may 31, criminality passed, but eligibility still under review.

Rocky2k17

Jun 14, 2017
It just means background checks have started. They may happen simultaneously with eligibility. That happens because sometimes criminality checks may start earlier.

That´s my case, by the way. IP2 since may 31, criminality passed, but eligibility still under review.
Got it.

Thanks for clarifying. -)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello guys,

I have one question. Can I made a direct call to CIC asking for the current status of my application even though I am doing my application through my immigration consultant?
You can speak with the IRCC call center agent. You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

• Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Telephone: 1-613 944 4000 (Outside Canada)
Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English. These are local Cansda

If you are calling from Outside of Canada you can use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tip on how to call from outside Canada: https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

Last edited:
Reactions: laursieb89

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
Hello
We received the ITA on 14th March 2018, and received AOR on May 23, 2018, after submitting all documents. Initially I did receive updates when my medicals were passed, but since weeks I have not heard anything.

I have checked the others on myimmitracker, and others with same dates have already received their PPRs. I seem to have no update whatsoever.

My application shows the below as of now:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anyone help here? This is for EE - FSW without PNP.

Thanks
Comet7700

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017

Did the agent tell you over the phone that your eligibility is "under review"? Mine was also under review and my AOR was June 29. Just wondering if "under review" is a common word to use or does that mean something concerning and hence "review required".

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Did the agent tell you over the phone that your eligibility is "under review"? Mine was also under review and my AOR was June 29. Just wondering if "under review" is a common word to use or does that mean something concerning and hence "review required".
Yes. Under review = review required.