Category........
FSW
Finally i got the golden mail on January 7 after waiting for long

AOR : May 03
Medical passed : May 10
additional document requested : December 17 - provided on December 24
RPRF request : December 28 paid the same day
Ghost update : January 7

I hope you guys will soon get approved as well .
congratulations my friend! that gives me hope

Reactions: seabourne17

simran89

Oct 30, 2018
If you submit any new information, which was not a part of the application, it will have to be reviewed before the application is approved and a COPR is issued. After an information is sent to IRCC, it can take 3-5 weeks for it to be reviewed.
3-5 weeks after the change of status from approved to Background check in progress ?
On 27 Jan 2019 ,it will be 2 months they will be having our passports .

minnesotawolf

Mar 6, 2017
Dec 14, no sign of update.
I just got my GCMS notes upon requesting a status update. Below is my recent 3 notes. However, i have not seen a sign of PPR since November. My representative did not receive anything either. What is going on? And what's "PreVU Quick Check" mean?

Created Date: 2018/11/26
Updated Date: 2018/11/26
Restricted: No Label: General Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: PReVU (RFV Quick Check)

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2018/11/23
Updated Date: 2018/11/23
Restricted: No Label: General
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text: CIO RFV letter sent via email in a batch. No correspondence was generated as letter was sent in a batch via MS Word Letter template.

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2018/10/17
Updated Date: 2018/10/17
Restricted: No
Label: Adm/Security
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text: **OFFICER REVIEW** FOSS/GCMS history - NAI No apparent
A35/A37 concerns evident. File approved and RFV.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Extensive travel history

Hello kind folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I was only required to produce upfront PCCs for the UK and India, which I did.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@legalfalcon and other Members I am in a weird situation where my application status changed from approved to background check in progress.Me and my wife's passports are still with CIC .

Here's the scenario :
AOR : 29 May 2018
PPR : 23 Nov 2018
Program : express entry

I forgot to mention the visa refusal for my wife so I raised CSE on 10 OCT 2018 to inform them and on OCT 17 2018 received the confirmation that information is forwarded and from GCMS notes I figured that on OCT 19 2018 visa officer approved my application.,After more than on Nov 23 2018 .I received passport request . me and my wife sent the passport on 26 nov and on Dec 5 2018 they cancelled the COPR and Temp VIsa which they issued first on 30 Nov2018 .

I called in CIC to check the status of my passport as it was 2 weeks we didn't received our passports back so the agent told that the additional information provided by me was not reviewed at that time and they will be reviewing that now . on Jan 3 2019 the status changed from approved to BG check in progress . Have you seen something like that or is it fine CIC to have passport for that long time ?

please advise .

Thanks
Any update yet Simran??

rob730

Oct 23, 2018
AOR Received.
03-05-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Extensive travel history

Hello kind folks, first, good luck to everyone still waiting for your PPR. I have a question specifically for those of you that had extensive travel histories to find out whether your PPR was affected or delayed in any way.

I had roughly 100 international trips in the last 10 years, which I meticulously reported in the Travel History section of my application. Most of the travel was to Schengen countries for work while I lived in the UK, but I also had some travel to the Middle East, Africa and South America, with more frequent travel to Asia and the US.

I was only required to produce upfront PCCs for the UK and India, which I did.

I have a mid-December AOR and have a long way to go, but it’s never too early to start worrying, right? ;) I would be grateful for any experience or insight you can share.
I am a UK resident and also have a relatively extensive travel history mainly to Europe but also including Central Asia (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan etc) and also Russia and I put into additional Security Secreening. AOR is 3rd May and everything but security has been completed since last August

Doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to you but that is my experience

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thank you for sharing that! How do you know that you have been put through additional security screening? When you say "everything but security has been completed since last August," is this based on a call with IRCC or GCMS notes?

I am a UK resident and also have a relatively extensive travel history mainly to Europe but also including Central Asia (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan etc) and also Russia and I put into additional Security Secreening. AOR is 3rd May and everything but security has been completed since last August

Doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to you but that is my experience

rob730

Oct 23, 2018
AOR Received.
03-05-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Thank you for sharing that! How do you know that you have been put through additional security screening? When you say "everything but security has been completed since last August," is this based on a call with IRCC or GCMS notes?
Through the GCMS notes I know that everything is completed but security and calls to IRCC confirmed it was in Security Screening. Once your application goes beyond 6 months they're quite happy to answer any questions, but the told me once it's in SS there's no way they have to know how long it will take since it's done by CBSA and CSIS

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Wow, okay. I'm really sorry for the delay you're facing due to the prolonged security screening. Please can you let me know by PM when you have any development on your file? I wish you all the best!
Through the GCMS notes I know that everything is completed but security and calls to IRCC confirmed it was in Security Screening. Once your application goes beyond 6 months they're quite happy to answer any questions, but the told me once it's in SS there's no way they have to know how long it will take since it's done by CBSA and CSIS

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
so how long SS takes? Mine Security is not started yet.

rob730

Oct 23, 2018
AOR Received.
03-05-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Wow, okay. I'm really sorry for the delay you're facing due to the prolonged security screening. Please can you let me know by PM when you have any development on your file? I wish you all the best!
Thanks I will do, I hope yours is much quicker!

Reactions: derkdsou