+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Guys who got an email yesterday saying that your applications are going to be processed in Mississauga, what does your ECAS say on PRAS column? In Process? If so, What date it says?

caromaline

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Guys who got an email yesterday saying that your applications are going to be processed in Mississauga, what does your ECAS say on PRAS column? In Process? If so, What date it says?
My Ecas hasn't changed since the middle of July, neither has my GCKey. I only have 2 lines on my Ecas - one to say my application has been received, and the next saying I've passed my medical.

That seems to be where the general confusion is over AOR2 - we don't know if the email yesterday actually was AOR2, but I'm taking it that it was.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
My Ecas hasn't changed since the middle of July, neither has my GCKey. I only have 2 lines on my Ecas - one to say my application has been received, and the next saying I've passed my medical.

That seems to be where the general confusion is over AOR2 - we don't know if the email yesterday actually was AOR2, but I'm taking it that it was.
I guess it will soon change. We shall consider that as AOR2. But what really matters is the date they start the processing.

Reactions: caromaline

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Mine says Application Received and then only has the one line stating the date the application was received. Medical hasn't even been requested.

Chroniverous

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
We received the email about getting processed in Mississauga also.

-Our ECAS still says application received.
-GCKEY says application "Application in progress. We will send message you a message when we start your background check."

No medical request as of yet...

PCC and Schedule A have been attached to account.

I wonder if they are skipping the medicals or waiting until the very end. Kind of DM pending medicals?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We received the email about getting processed in Mississauga also.

-Our ECAS still says application received.
-GCKEY says application "Application in progress. We will send message you a message when we start your background check."

No medical request as of yet...

PCC and Schedule A have been attached to account.

I wonder if they are skipping the medicals or waiting until the very end. Kind of DM pending medicals?
Everyone has to do a medical, that will still come.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have read of some not getting medical done on this forum. Pretty rare I understand but possible.
Found it. If you're a member of the live in caregiver class you may be exempt but not all live in caregivers are exempt.

Anyone who does not fall under that subset undergoes medical (as on CIC website)

Chroniverous

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Ahh, that's where I might have read it. Good call.

In countries like America they should waive the medical unless you look like you are dying. If you can stay in the country for up to six month, and even longer with a visitor extension I don't know why they would feel you need a medical.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ahh, that's where I might have read it. Good call.

In countries like America they should waive the medical unless you look like you are dying. If you can stay in the country for up to six month, and even longer with a visitor extension I don't know why they would feel you need a medical.
Lol my husband has lived in Canada for the better part of a DECADE. Still had to get one. That was a few hundred dollars gone! Lol

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hi all,
Thank you for providing valuable information and sharing your experiences. Congratulations to those who are now with their loved ones. Good luck to those (like us) who are still going through the gruesome and long process. I wonder if someone would be able to answer few questions that my husband and I have.

I am a canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from India. We have used a representative (distant family friend), however, they have been as useless as the 'g' in lasagna. Anyways, they have not provided us with any sort of username/password for gckey. We have only been relying on statuses in ecas. We're at a point in our application that it's pointless to revoke the use of representative. Who knows how long that process is going to take. Don't want any delays whatsoever.

Thankfully, the status changed for permanent resident from 'application received' to 'in process' today. We were wondering how long it would take for it to change to 'decision made'. Someone told us that they wont change the status to 'decision made' until my husband actually landed here. How true is that?

We tried linking our application ourselves to GC key but it says they cant find it. We've tried all the combinations. Nothing seems to have worked.

Our application details are as follows :
Application sent - May 19th,2017
Application received (with application number) - June 18, 2017
Sponsorship approval and Medical Requested - June 29th, 2017
Medical test done - July 1, 2017
Medical received - July 10, 2017
Schedule A and family history documents sent - July 20th, 2017
ecas status changed from 'application received' to 'in process' - August 29, 2017

I also called IRCC on August 7 asking about the status; they said fingerprints and interview are not required. She did mention that they are done with my husband's criminality check and the other one is in process. So our timeline is all over the place. How long (approximately) should we expect DM?

We would highly appreciate if we could get some clarifications. Thank you guys!
Decision made should take anywhere from 2 to 4 months from here if yours is a straight forward case and no more documents/ an interview is required. You should keep track of applicants who have similar timelines as you on the wonderful spreadsheet that Karthik has created.U will not be able to link you application since you have a lawyer. You could call up the call centre num and listen to the automated status mesgs which are a replica of GC key. Also decision made will update on ECAS after your background check is complete.