+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
My sponsor just got an email to say that my application is staying in Mississauga and will be processed from there. That's AOR2, right?

Odd it's going nowhere else, but if it's getting processed, I'm happy!
Looks like there are a whole bunch of us who got that message today and have the same question whether it's AOR2, or if it's just the equivalent of announcing which VO it will be sent to? I wonder when our ECAS's will show In Process, since that normally happened before AOR2?

Last edited:
Reactions: caromaline

caromaline

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Looks like there are a whole bunch of us who got that message today and have the same question whether it's AOR2, or if it's just the equivalent of announcing which VO it will be sent to? I wonder when our ECAS's will show In Process, since that normally happened before AOR2?
I *think* it is AOR2 (hope I'm not totally getting ahead of myself here!) but to be honest I'm just relieved to have heard something! Seems like loads of people are getting the same message today - fingers crossed it's a sign that things are progressing. My Ecas and GCKey haven't changed at all since I passed my medicals, but maybe that'll come in the next few days.

al256

Jul 3, 2017
We received the same email about our application being processed at Mississauga. I called yesterday because on GCKey it still says "Your Action Is Required" regarding my Schedule A. She was very friendly and said they have received my Schedule A and nothing else is needed right now. Is it strange I still haven't received a Medical Exam request too?

ngrv

Jun 8, 2017
I got update on my gc key under additional documents section that they need more documents to continue processing the application but there is no message in the gc key nor any email. does anybody know when we can expect message from them.

MianMA

Feb 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
15 Feb 2017
Doc's Request.
30 Mar 2017
AOR Received.
25 May 2017
Med's Request
8 June 2017
Dear fellows,
i have a question

IMM5669 schedule A background form
Q3. Mothers name: it says * FAMILY NAME AT BIRTH

the guide says (surname or last name)

what should i fill in this now? her last name at birth or her current last name (after married name)
any one who went through this please help
thankyou.

Mimi0203

Star Member
May 26, 2017
My sponsor just got an email to say that my application is staying in Mississauga and will be processed from there. That's AOR2, right?

Odd it's going nowhere else, but if it's getting processed, I'm happy!
We have a similar time line did you send your PCC and Schedule A by mail? And are you in Canada?

caromaline

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Belfast, Northern Ireland
We have a similar time line did you send your PCC and Schedule A by mail? And are you in Canada?
no, I got a request through my GCKey thingy and uploaded them there. I'm in Northern Ireland, and my husband's a Canadian citizen. Thought I'd be transferred to London but my application seems to be staying in Canada for the foreseeable, according to today's email

brownie101

Feb 10, 2017
Hey hope you doing good. I got an email today they transferred my file to New Delhi. Stay in touch our files have almost same timelines. Plz msg me when you get any updates.
Oh that's good ! I don't think our background check will start until September end, and that too if we are lucky it will start in September, otherwise the pace they are going at seems like it will be in October

Reactions: KP1988

Ndish

Aug 29, 2017
Hi all,
Thank you for providing valuable information and sharing your experiences. Congratulations to those who are now with their loved ones. Good luck to those (like us) who are still going through the gruesome and long process. I wonder if someone would be able to answer few questions that my husband and I have.

I am a canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from India. We have used a representative (distant family friend), however, they have been as useless as the 'g' in lasagna. Anyways, they have not provided us with any sort of username/password for gckey. We have only been relying on statuses in ecas. We're at a point in our application that it's pointless to revoke the use of representative. Who knows how long that process is going to take. Don't want any delays whatsoever.

Thankfully, the status changed for permanent resident from 'application received' to 'in process' today. We were wondering how long it would take for it to change to 'decision made'. Someone told us that they wont change the status to 'decision made' until my husband actually landed here. How true is that?

We tried linking our application ourselves to GC key but it says they cant find it. We've tried all the combinations. Nothing seems to have worked.

Our application details are as follows :
Application sent - May 19th,2017
Application received (with application number) - June 18, 2017
Sponsorship approval and Medical Requested - June 29th, 2017
Medical test done - July 1, 2017
Medical received - July 10, 2017
Schedule A and family history documents sent - July 20th, 2017
ecas status changed from 'application received' to 'in process' - August 29, 2017

I also called IRCC on August 7 asking about the status; they said fingerprints and interview are not required. She did mention that they are done with my husband's criminality check and the other one is in process. So our timeline is all over the place. How long (approximately) should we expect DM?

We would highly appreciate if we could get some clarifications. Thank you guys!

Last edited:

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi all,
Thank you for providing valuable information and sharing your experiences. Congratulations to those who are now with their loved ones. Good luck to those (like us) who are still going through the gruesome and long process. I wonder if someone would be able to answer few questions that my husband and I have.

I am a canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from India. We have used a representative (distant family friend), however, they have been as useless as the 'g' in lasagna. Anyways, they have not provided us with any sort of username/password for gckey. We have only been relying on statuses in ecas. We're at a point in our application that it's pointless to revoke the use of representative. Who knows how long that process is going to take. Don't want any delays whatsoever.

Thankfully, the status changed for permanent resident from 'application received' to 'in process' today. We were wondering how long it would take for it to change to 'decision made'. Someone told us that they wont change the status to 'decision made' until my husband actually landed here. How true is that?

We tried linking our application ourselves to GC key but it says they cant find it. We've tried all the combinations. Nothing seems to have worked.

Our application details are as follows :
Application sent - May 19th,2017
Application received (with application number) - June 18, 2017
Sponsorship approval and Medical Requested - June 29th, 2017
Medical test done - July 1, 2017
Medical received - July 10, 2017
Schedule A and family history documents sent - July 20th, 2017
ecas status changed from 'application received' to 'in process' - August 29, 2017

I also called IRCC on August 7 asking about the status; they said fingerprints and interview are not required. She did mention that they are done with my husband's criminality check and the other one is in process. So our timeline is all over the place. How long (approximately) should we expect DM?

We would highly appreciate if we could get some clarifications. Thank you guys!
Assuming your VO is New Delhi, you should check that thread to see what their average processing times are.