+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***MAY 2017***OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

fatima91

Star Member
Sep 21, 2016
No problem!. :)

Whats your timeline?
I'll send the application this Sunday. I have one question it's regarding the birth certificate and marriage certificate do I only include a copies from it or I have to certify the copies? the original documents are certified I just took a copy from it and I'm included in the application. And one more question about the barcode pages. What I understood is the I have to put them on the top so I'll take the barcode pages from the two forms and put it on the top right

harulion

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
I'll send the application this Sunday. I have one question it's regarding the birth certificate and marriage certificate do I only include a copies from it or I have to certify the copies? the original documents are certified I just took a copy from it and I'm included in the application. And one more question about the barcode pages. What I understood is the I have to put them on the top so I'll take the barcode pages from the two forms and put it on the top right
This is something that I wasn't sure of when I handed in my application. So just to be on the safe side, I got the copies certified. I think its better to be safe than sorry.

fatima91

Star Member
Sep 21, 2016
This is something that I wasn't sure of when I handed in my application. So just to be on the safe side, I got the copies certified. I think its better to be safe than sorry.
Yh I know I think I'll just include the original ones I can get another one if I want later on . But there's nothing that says I have to certify the copies!

EMNG5

Feb 25, 2014

I just submitted the copies of both certificates. I didn't see if anywhere it is mention to submit the certified copies. Let's see If I get the AOR1! I think that if one is submitting another document as a proof of birth date rather than birth certificate than one has to get an affidavit/notarize of that document.

Pacopz

Mar 19, 2017
It's not so much the content of the forms that change. You have to look at the very bottom of the forms where it will say the form number as well as date. You will see the updated dates on the form.

Which forms did you use? Pre December 7, or post?

Remember that now both inland and outland apps (80% of cases) will be processed within 12 months.

I don't think you can get the text notification AFTER your app has been delivered - I believe you have to sign up before.

It's normal to not have heard anything yet so don't panic about that!!
Thanks. Both forms are 12-2016 so they are the old versions unfortunately, but having gone line by line through them, if the only thing they have changed is adding a signature graphic where you sign, then I would have to think they would still accept for some of a grace period. Anyway not going to worry about it as it is done. Issue is if they do return it (for that or any other reason) they will return it to Australia, but we will have since moved to Canada, and it will then have to be redirected yada yada yada. So hoping it is accepted....
I had read hear on one of the forums that the waiting times for outland apps was relatively shorter. Hope to have applied earlier (March/April), but thought we may as well submit early regardless and have the clock start ticking rather than wait until we move and then submit. 12 months from May is still better than 12 months from July. Difference is my Kiwi partner can't do the Work Permit app with an outland, but I've heard with an inland the WP take 5-6 months anyway, so 5-6 months from July, we are just hoping we get her full PR by then with our outland. See whether it was a good call or not down the track.

Thanks on the text notification and putting my mind at ease on not hearing anything. Sit back and wait it is.....

P

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks. Both forms are 12-2016 so they are the old versions unfortunately, but having gone line by line through them, if the only thing they have changed is adding a signature graphic where you sign, then I would have to think they would still accept for some of a grace period. Anyway not going to worry about it as it is done. Issue is if they do return it (for that or any other reason) they will return it to Australia, but we will have since moved to Canada, and it will then have to be redirected yada yada yada. So hoping it is accepted....
I had read hear on one of the forums that the waiting times for outland apps was relatively shorter. Hope to have applied earlier (March/April), but thought we may as well submit early regardless and have the clock start ticking rather than wait until we move and then submit. 12 months from May is still better than 12 months from July. Difference is my Kiwi partner can't do the Work Permit app with an outland, but I've heard with an inland the WP take 5-6 months anyway, so 5-6 months from July, we are just hoping we get her full PR by then with our outland. See whether it was a good call or not down the track.

Thanks on the text notification and putting my mind at ease on not hearing anything. Sit back and wait it is.....

P
Yeah, we did outland for that reason too, but I think we would have done it a little differently in hindsight. Our file got sent to London VO which we were a bit surprised about. The average is another 7.5-9months processing there, which sucks. Hopefully it goes faster. People on the new inland application receive their OWP within 2-4 months so we're kicking ourselves a bit now, but what can you do? We're likely in a similar boat as you - husband here in Canada with me on a visitor visa.

As for the forms, they have updated a couple since the 12-2016 ones, but I have understood from others experiences they allow a grace period and I really, really do not think that will be an issue for you. If you were using the old ones then yes but you used the updated ones for the new package so you're fine.

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, for those of you asking about certified copies of marriage certificates and birth certificates - they ONLY need to be certified if they are not in English and you are attaching a certified translation. In that case, both the copy of the certificate, along with the translation, need to be certified. If your documents are in English, regular copies are fine! :)

Reactions: sajjarapu

rebeccaps

May 26, 2017
Peru/Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
08/05/2017
Doc's Request.
09/05/2017
Not for the zip code, I had ran out of space for marital status on the additional family member information form, so I wrote it in.

I haven't gotten any word since I sent it. So my status is still "App Filled" I guess XD
How can you check your status?? Does that mean that you were already able to "link" your account? Everytime I try to link mine, it says "no matches available".
I entered all the information correctly.
Please advise on your situation. Thank you.

onthebrink

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
How can you check your status?? Does that mean that you were already able to "link" your account? Everytime I try to link mine, it says "no matches available".
I entered all the information correctly.
Please advise on your situation. Thank you.
Once you get your AOR you can link it!

Reactions: marrianne730