+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi tameraq,

Yes. I understand that. But does that also mean that the application is received and complete?or just received?
yes. you won't get AOR if there are any missing documents or the application is not complete.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hi,

I sent my complete application for Citizenship by Canada Post on 24th May. To date, I have not heard anything at all. Nothing about application received, AOR (Don't even know what that means!) in email/mail.

Should I be worried?! :(
When I called CIC on Monday 26th June, just before receiving my AOR , the agent told me they are currently sending AOR to applications received from May 18th - May 23rd that means you can expect your AOR by next week or the week after.

Reactions: hakhan86

Rick Urabi

Jun 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

As per the below link, there are some Bill C-6 changes that already took effect as of this month, while others will take effect in fall 2017. Does anyone have an idea of how would this work for those who applied under the old rules and their applications are still in process (like all of May applicants I guess) ?. For example, the intent to reside requirement is now waived. Would this include applications submitted prior to the change or is it for new applicants only ?

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/bill-c6-passed-giving-immigrants-smoother-pathway-canadian-citizenship-069248.html

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

As per the below link, there are some Bill C-6 changes that already took effect as of this month, while others will take effect in fall 2017. Does anyone have an idea of how would this work for those who applied under the old rules and their applications are still in process (like all of May applicants I guess) ?. For example, the intent to reside requirement is now waived. Would this include applications submitted prior to the change or is it for new applicants only ?

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/bill-c6-passed-giving-immigrants-smoother-pathway-canadian-citizenship-069248.html
changes that took effect immediately applies to all applicants even the ones that have submitted their applications before the new law.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
i got my AOR this morning.. congrats to all who received AORS recently.. As i been telling to all to stay relax and wait and every one will get it

update me please

Reactions: nonoo and Horizon13