+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
I called the IRCC regarding this point. The agent told me that they need only one piece of evidence as the guidelines indicated.
Expired IELTS is ok too.
Results of an accepted third-party test at the equivalent of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) / Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiensFootnote 1 level 4 or higher in speaking and listening either done previously for immigration purposes (acceptable even if expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes. Test results from the following list are acceptable:
  • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking), not the academic version.
  • For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of level 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.
  • For tests taken before April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have achieved a score of:
    • 4.0 or higher in speaking, and
    • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Please note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher); or
Thank you

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
I just called CPC-M (Case Processing Center - Mississauga) and the agent told me that at this point of time they are sending acknowledgement to applications they received by 8th May . She asked me to call them back on Thursday if I don't receive any update from them.

Reactions: soul2017

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CPC-M (Case Processing Center - Mississauga) and the agent told me that at this point of time they are sending acknowledgement to applications they received by 8th May . She asked me to call them back on Thursday if I don't receive any update from them.
Thanks Nonoo. but you can see on the sheet that some applications were received by CIC after May 8 and they received AOR already and some received before May 8 and they don't have AOR yet. on the other hand you said you called Mississauaga processing center, i thought that AORs are done by the main CIC office in NS!

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hey just calm down and relax..No point calling...Did they ask your name, date of birth, details etc..just wait for your turn

This is just my humble opinion......

Reactions: Horizon13

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hey just calm down and relax..No point calling...Did they ask your name, date of birth, details etc..just wait for your turn

This is just my humble opinion......
yes they did. Is it alarming??

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Thanks Nonoo. but you can see on the sheet that some applications were received by CIC after May 8 and they received AOR already and some received before May 8 and they don't have AOR yet. on the other hand you said you called Mississauaga processing center, i thought that AORs are done by the main CIC office in NS!
Yes, I asked them that there are couple of people who have already received their AOR despite that their applications were received on or after May 8 whereas there are some who are still waiting and applied on May 1st. The agent said every case is different but they are working on it. As for the processing center , they have an access to check the entire history. she put me on hold twice to double check if there is any update on my application and she pulled my previous records when I applied for my PR. But to be honest I found them way to nice compared to usual CIC office that we call.

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
Hey guys . Nono is right . My application was received on may8th and just received the AOR BY EMAIL this morning . So happy finally got it . Update the sheet plz .

Reactions: Horizon13

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Yes, I asked them that there are couple of people who have already received their AOR despite that their applications were received on or after May 8 whereas there are some who are still waiting and applied on May 1st. The agent said every case is different but they are working on it. As for the processing center , they have an access to check the entire history. she put me on hold twice to double check if there is any update on my application and she pulled my previous records when I applied for my PR. But to be honest I found them way to nice compared to usual CIC office that we call.
see nono dear you don't have to tell these details that some people received AOR before and some people after..didnt she ask you how come you know ?

better keep quiet....

my 2 cents