MAY 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question please. My wife can't find her COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) form. Fortunately, before it got missing I had already scanned it into my system. When we applied for citizenship, I just printed out the digital copy to process the application. Now we're going for Cit Test/Interview this week, can we just go with a copy of the COPR without the original? Is there any implication for not submitting the original copy? All other documents are intact. Please advise me. Thanks.

ramgupta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/10
Doc's Request.
PCC request 12/04/11 Dispatched 15/05/11
AOR Received.
10/12/10 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
10/06/2011
Med's Done....
03/07/2011
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
Recd 20.09.11
VISA ISSUED...
Recd 20.10.11
LANDED..........
20. 12. 2011
HI Everyone..

My timeline so far is as follows

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 15, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 22, 2016.

Since that i haven't heard a thing.. no test test invite.. no nothing !!
Looking at the timelines of others, it making me a bit concerned.. any thoughts / comments ??

ANNGH

Jun 6, 2016
Received notice sent out on September 8, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship on October 3, 2016 at 8:00 AM.

Finally....this journey is almost complete.

Good Luck to all of you who are still awaiting responses.

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgupta said:
HI Everyone..

My timeline so far is as follows

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 15, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 22, 2016.

Since that i haven't heard a thing.. no test test invite.. no nothing !!
Looking at the timelines of others, it making me a bit concerned.. any thoughts / comments ??
Hi ramgupta, our situation is similar, i applied in June and since July 13 my application status is "In process", so far haven't heard anything from cic. I believe my local office is Saskatoon. By looking at few folks timeline I was hoping for faster process but eventually ended up in waiting. Did you order notes/ATIP?

Senior members can you please suggest us??

ramgupta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/10
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10/12/10 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10/06/2011
Med's Done....
03/07/2011
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
Recd 20.09.11
VISA ISSUED...
Recd 20.10.11
LANDED..........
20. 12. 2011
hayabusa said:
Hi ramgupta, our situation is similar, i applied in June and since July 13 my application status is "In process", so far haven't heard anything from cic. I believe my local office is Saskatoon. By looking at few folks timeline I was hoping for faster process but eventually ended up in waiting. Did you order notes/ATIP?

Senior members can you please suggest us??
Hi Hayabusa, i hope we get out test invites soon..
What do you mean by "Order notes / ATIP" can you please explain, as i am not aware of this

thanks

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgupta said:
Hi Hayabusa, i hope we get out test invites soon..
What do you mean by "Order notes / ATIP" can you please explain, as i am not aware of this

thanks
Order notes : Get the notes written in GCMS Global Case Management System used by CIC to process applications

ATIP: Access to information and Privacy to get detailed information on Citizenship application whenever requested by applicant

ramgupta

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/10
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10/12/10 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10/06/2011
Med's Done....
03/07/2011
Interview........
Waived....
Passport Req..
Recd 20.09.11
VISA ISSUED...
Recd 20.10.11
LANDED..........
20. 12. 2011
march2016 said:
Order notes : Get the notes written in GCMS Global Case Management System used by CIC to process applications

ATIP: Access to information and Privacy to get detailed information on Citizenship application whenever requested by applicant
Thanks "March2016"

Narm

Feb 16, 2016
I went to pick my passport yesterday, so happy to get it! I'm traveling this coming Friday to Vegas to celebrate! :) ;) :D

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Narm said:
I went to pick my passport yesterday, so happy to get it! I'm traveling this coming Friday to Vegas to celebrate! :) ;) :D
Congrats and have fun ;)

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
Hi all,

Here's mine and my husband's timeline:

May 20th- CIC received our application
June 1st- they sent us acknowledgement of receipt
June 3rd- they started processing our application
June 3rd- they requested me additional information
September 7th- they sent us notice to take the test on September 27th
September 12th- they sent us notice to take the oath on same day as test, September 27th @ 1:30.

When we got the notice to take the test there is a piece of paper requesting for more information. These information should cover 6 years going back from the date of our citizenship application.

NOA's
ROE's or letter of employment
Rental agreement or documents of proof if you own a house
If applicable, school records showing attendance

Now, I have a bit of a problem. My husband's previous employer whom he worked for only a week back in 2010 doesn't want to release his ROE. The lady said it is my husband's responsibility to keep it. Well, they did not give him that ROE in the first place! That is the only piece of information we don't have. Do you think it will be a big issue come test day if we don't have that ROE? Just a little stressed out right now over that.

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
Hi all,

September 12th- they sent us notice to take the oath on same day as test, September 27th @ 1:30.

When we got the notice to take the test there is a piece of paper requesting for more information. These information should cover 6 years going back from the date of our citizenship application.

NOA's

Now, I have a bit of a problem. My husband's previous employer whom he worked for only a week back in 2010 doesn't want to release his ROE. The lady said it is my husband's responsibility to keep it. Well, they did not give him that ROE in the first place! That is the only piece of information we don't have. Do you think it will be a big issue come test day if we don't have that ROE? Just a little stressed out right now over that.
To the best of my understanding I don't think employment status is a requirement for citizenship. However, if CIC explicitly requested for any document, you need to provide it. In the event you cannot provide the document, you just have to write a letter to explain why the document is not available. In the case of ROE, you can obtain it from Service Canada (http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml).

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
Hi all,

NOA's

Do you have offer letter and termination/resignation letter for that 1 week employer and even paystubs would do. ROE is to be given by law for all employees while they leave the employer permanently .

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
Update: We managed to get my husband's ROE online. I was looking through our documents yesterday and found his personal access code to Service Canada's website. ;D

I also found some ROE's of mine that I accidentally did not declare on my application. Would that be a problem too? It was just a part time job though and I only lasted for a weeek.

Now all we have to worry about is our test. By the way, how reliable are the practice test that you see online? We've read the book already and been practicing the test online as well.

Thanks for the answers. :D

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
Now all we have to worry about is our test. By the way, how reliable are the practice test that you see online? We've read the book already and been practicing the test online as well.

Thanks for the answers. :D
I found that the online test after reading the book several times helped with memorizing many things. The questions in the actual test are a little different in layout but both reading the book and doing some practise test should give you a broad understanding.