+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
Rigly68 said:
I found that the online test after reading the book several times helped with memorizing many things. The questions in the actual test are a little different in layout but both reading the book and doing some practise test should give you a broad understanding.

Awesome! Thanks for the input. :)

And is it also true that you have to get all the correct answers on the last part? Something about elections and voting?

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
Awesome! Thanks for the input. :)

And is it also true that you have to get all the correct answers on the last part? Something about elections and voting?
Hi!

No, you just have to get 15 correct answers out of the 20 questions.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,

We need to take photocopies of the original documents as well to the interview or just the original? Thanks.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
berkcalg said:
Hi everybody,

We need to take photocopies of the original documents as well to the interview or just the original? Thanks.
I think you have to take photocopies of originals , just in case take them if they ask. i think its mentioned in the letter. But they did not ask us.

All the best for Test/Interview.

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
In our case the only photocopies that they've specifically requested is our passports (current & expired). Our test is tomorrow, wish us luck. :D

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the letter asks for copies of the biological pages of all passports. In addition the officer took a copy of my marriage certificate that I had not included with the application.

Good luck tomorrow jhay27! ;)

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
I think you have to take photocopies of originals , just in case take them if they ask. i think its mentioned in the letter. But they did not ask us.

All the best for Test/Interview.
Thank you so much March2016.

berkcalg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhay27 said:
In our case the only photocopies that they've specifically requested is our passports (current & expired). Our test is tomorrow, wish us luck. :D
Very Good Luck Jhay27.

jhay27

Sep 29, 2009
Hi. My husband and I passed the test. It was really fast. We started at 8:30 and finished at 9:30. Oath taking this afternoon. Our test was easy as long as you read the book. Good luck to everyone.

ANNGH

Jun 6, 2016
I attended the citizenship ceremony yesterday! Finally it's over. 24hrs more before I can apply for my passport!

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Hi everyone,

Quick question: I recently sent my application Oct 4th and I just realized they may come back asking for support documentation. I kind of want to be proactive and send my support documentation ahead but not sure how to proceed since I don't have any number of file at all. It is an enrollment letter for school since I just put it in the relevant period but I noticed I didn't send anything supporting that I was actually going to school in this period of time.
Any suggestion?

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjedm said:
Hi everyone,

Quick question: I recently sent my application Oct 4th and I just realized they may come back asking for support documentation. I kind of want to be proactive and send my support documentation ahead but not sure how to proceed since I don't have any number of file at all. It is an enrollment letter for school since I just put it in the relevant period but I noticed I didn't send anything supporting that I was actually going to school in this period of time.
Any suggestion?
I would not send any further documentation in right now. If they need any further documents then they will ask for it. If they don't ask for it and process your application you might want to bring the letter to your test/interview as at this point the officer will verify additional documents for your application.