WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally got the PPR e-mail today.

My wife will send her Passport A.S.A.P to land before Winter fully sets in...that will mean less winter cloths for me :p :p

What a perfect holiday gift.

My app took 7 months...for a VO showing processing times of 21 months on CIC's website, I'm super excited.

Wishing PPR for all May Applicants before the end of this year !

hillaryh

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 23,2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 6, 2015
Med's Done....
May 3, 2015
LANDED..........
DM- Dec 6, 2015
Just logged in this morning to a DECISION MADE!! Only 3 lines still on ECAS

What a wonderful early Christmas gift !!!

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations everyone who got DM. :p :D
My spouse and I decided to land over the weekend despite pouring rain, and export the car later.
Landing went pretty ok except this hilarious US homeland border officer who misunderstood us thinking I applied for green card. He was like, "do I need to do anything?" OMG. I figured flagpole would be more hassle (last time I waited 30 min at US border, so they can give me that freaggin white paper with "flagpole" written on it.)
So, we just crossed the Peace Arch border by car, went to Blaine, got cheap cheap gas, went to US bank and noticed Bank of America is gone :( so, we turned back and went through Canadian border and landed.
It was pretty painless since we brought copy of VIN for car and had nothing else to declare except car.
The officer was the same one who we had when we crossed the border few weeks ago last time(not the rude one) he also gave my spouse a mini Canadian flag and almost threw it on the counter. LOL.

We still went to Daiso in Richmond and got "proper" US and Canadian flag to hang on the wall though.

JandAtoC

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-08-2015
AOR Received.
June-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015 - Off to Ottawa IP: Oct-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Nov-26-2015
Good morning All,

Just to keep up on our timeline, my husband went home this weekend to find his COPR papers have been delivered. He plans to move here at the end of January. :) What a nice way to start the new year!

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
hi all, can anybody tell me is there a SCHEDULE A form for sponsor also? i have sponsored my wife our file is in London visa office,i got an e-mail for requesting some documents which also include a schedule A form from sponsor, plz tell me thnx

LRems80

May 27, 2015
The way they process these applications has no consistency and they definitely don't help you faster if you have a child. My wife and I applied in May and we got delayed more because of a mistake they made by not seeing our proof of payment in our application and yet it was in there after all. After returning the file back to Mississauga I asked that our file be put back in que so we don't loose any additional time due to their mistake. Obviously, they didn't care and it got put into the June pile. Eventually, it got forwarded to Manila. But, why don't they help us parents out?

No offence I know we all need to be approved but they should take into account if you have a baby and help fast track it better. I write them letters and we just keep getting the standard response " keep in mind its within the standard processing times " blah blah. What a joke our country has become. There is no reason it should take this long for any of us to be processed. Why don't they just hire more people to process the applications? I keep picturing about 5 people working on these apps, sipping their tea and taking their time meanwhile its affecting our lives in ways they can't even imagine. Just a rant coming from me, but I'm a little pissed off seeing all these people on here get dm and were left out in the cold. Just roll the dice and see if your one of the lucky ones to get approved quicker I guess.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've heard some people say SCHEDULE A: BACKGROUND /DECLARATION is not needed for the Sponsor.

However, in my case (the sponsor), I didn't take any chance...I just fill it. There should be a reason LVO needs yours.

So go ahead and send the doc. Take note the VO can ask for whatever document they deem necessary.

The form is same for Applicant and Sponsor.

ad rasheed said:
hi all, can anybody tell me is there a SCHEDULE A form for sponsor also? i have sponsored my wife our file is in London visa office,i got an e-mail for requesting some documents which also include a schedule A form from sponsor, plz tell me thnx

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
LRems80 said:
The way they process these applications has no consistency and they definitely don't help you faster if you have a child. My wife and I applied in May and we got delayed more because of a mistake they made by not seeing our proof of payment in our application and yet it was in there after all. After returning the file back to Mississauga I asked that our file be put back in que so we don't loose any additional time due to their mistake. Obviously, they didn't care and it got put into the June pile. Eventually, it got forwarded to Manila. But, why don't they help us parents out?

No offence I know we all need to be approved but they should take into account if you have a baby and help fast track it better. I write them letters and we just keep getting the standard response " keep in mind its within the standard processing times " blah blah. What a joke our country has become. There is no reason it should take this long for any of us to be processed. Why don't they just hire more people to process the applications? I keep picturing about 5 people working on these apps, sipping their tea and taking their time meanwhile its affecting our lives in ways they can't even imagine. Just a rant coming from me, but I'm a little pissed off seeing all these people on here get dm and were left out in the cold. Just roll the dice and see if your one of the lucky ones to get approved quicker I guess.

True. I totally agree with you. I do have a 3 years child. The CIC sent letter 23/11/2015, asking from the Sponsor(Canadian Citizen), that the office say he needs my "intention to reside" in Canada. Can you imagine they don't have a single question regarding our relationship (me and my wife), they didn't find any and came up with such a damn question. I would have argued, those new comers who comes to Canada, what do they have to prove their "intentions to reside". I have gave everything into the application and yet they are not satisfied. That I can feel something like"bia....ed". They seems to me doing unfair things in some cases if not all, I feel I am one of them. As mentioned in the letter, Land in Canada, send pages of entry/exit stamps... and the PPR to go. ahhh what a joke, They gave R 130 (1) (b) not reside, but R (130) (2) a citizen can live exclusively outside to apply, if intent to reside.. they just put horse and donkeys in one line. I wish I could explain this term in more elaborate way. How can a person prove that he intends to reside in Canada. Applying with huge fee is itself a very big point in terms of "intent to reside". Bank Account/Credit Cards/ ODSP/Cash/ what else do I have put into the application. Now I feel very bad the way they are dealing our files. I believe CIC staff needs more training.

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Turbo2000 said:
I've heard some people say SCHEDULE A: BACKGROUND /DECLARATION is not needed for the Sponsor.

However, in my case (the sponsor), I didn't take any chance...I just fill it. There should be a reason LVO needs yours.

So go ahead and send the doc. Take note the VO can ask for whatever document they deem necessary.

The form is same for Applicant and Sponsor.
thank you so much sure will send them what else can we do :)

Nov 20, 2015
;D ;D ;D COPR TODAY BOYS & GIRLS ;D ;D ;D
US Application OUTLAND May 2015
We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2015.
Sponsor Approval July 31
We started processing your application on August 3, 2015
Medical results have been received.
"Decision Made" November 21, 2015
COPR December 10, 2015

19 days from DM to COPR

extreme001

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
White Plains, NY
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2015
AOR Received.
June 11, 2015
File Transfer...
July 27, 2015, IP: October 9, 2015, DM: November 26, 2015
Med's Done....
April 29, 2015
Passport Req..
November 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2015
LANDED..........
January 23, 2016 (YVR Airport)
Cal2VictoriaBc said:
;D ;D ;D COPR TODAY BOYS & GIRLS ;D ;D ;D
US Application OUTLAND May 2015
We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2015.
Sponsor Approval July 31
We started processing your application on August 3, 2015
Medical results have been received.
"Decision Made" November 21, 2015
COPR December 10, 2015

19 days from DM to COPR
Congratulations!

I received DM on Thanksgiving (in the US): November 26
PPR Email: November 27
Sent passport: December 1
Now waiting for the passport stamped with immigrant visa as well as the COPR coming back

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
LRems80 said:

I understand how hard it must be to be away from your family, but why should couples without children be pushed to the wayside in order for families with them to be processed faster? We don't love our families any less, regardless of whether we have children or not.

I think rather than wishing for faster processing for parents and families with children, we should all simultaneously be wishing for faster processing all around.

It's unbelievable to me that things haven't become more automated - or at the very least done via online applications. The mounds of wasted paper is ridiculous, it gives CIC too many chances to lose paperwork, and it takes longer...especially since they have to scan everything in anyway.

Hopefully things change in the future to make life easier for applicants.

mrpotatohead

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05MAY2015
AOR Received.
04JUN2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21APR2015
Interview........
IP 09OCT2015
COPR received today, and landed :)

US Common-Law Sponsorship

Received: 06MAY2015
Sponsor Approval: 06JUL2015
In Process: 09OCT2015
Married: 17OCT2015
Doc Request: 23OCT2015
Decision Made: 03DEC2015
COPR: 10DEC2015
Landed: 10DEC2015

LRems80

May 27, 2015
fruitball4u said:
I understand how hard it must be to be away from your family, but why should couples without children be pushed to the wayside in order for families with them to be processed faster? We don't love our families any less, regardless of whether we have children or not.

I think rather than wishing for faster processing for parents and families with children, we should all simultaneously be wishing for faster processing all around.

It's unbelievable to me that things haven't become more automated - or at the very least done via online applications. The mounds of wasted paper is ridiculous, it gives CIC too many chances to lose paperwork, and it takes longer...especially since they have to scan everything in anyway.

Hopefully things change in the future to make life easier for applicants.
I agree that processing should be quicker for everyone and they do not favor you if you have a child involved was my point. I did not say applicants without children should be pushed to the wayside, so please don't put words in my mouth. Overall, its just a botched system which needs some serious improvement. At the very least the applications should be processed according to the date received, but instead it seems random and unpredictable and they also have a lack of transparency which keeps us from inquiring about what the delay is. Their justification for the current method of processing applications has to do with people taking advantage of the system in the past by getting married to just enter Canada. That maybe true to some extent, but making future applicants like us suffer stricter scrutiny is not an effective way of dealing with those problems. It's a guilty till proven innocent approach.

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
LRems80 said:
I agree that processing should be quicker for everyone and they do not favor you if you have a child involved was my point. I did not say applicants without children should be pushed to the wayside, so please don't put words in my mouth. Overall, its just a botched system which needs some serious improvement. At the very least the applications should be processed according to the date received, but instead it seems random and unpredictable and they also have a lack of transparency which keeps us from inquiring about what the delay is. Their justification for the current method of processing applications has to do with people taking advantage of the system in the past by getting married to just enter Canada. That maybe true to some extent, but making future applicants like us suffer stricter scrutiny is not an effective way of dealing with those problems. It's a guilty till proven innocent approach.
But you did say that, however unintential. By saying "no offence but they should fast track applications with babies"....how do you think they would fast track those? By skipping over applications without them (babies/kids). At any rate, it doesn't really matter - I'm not trying to be pedantic or to start an argument with you. I think everyone is just very frustrated, and rightly so. It's hard to be away from family, and it's hard to be in Canada but not able to work or act like a citizen. I wish that CIC would do applications in order as well - it's so frustrating seeing people who applied after you being given DM months before you, even when you also have a very straightforward application.

I think, personally, what happens, is they intend to do them in order, but each person grabs a stack of applications, or a manager drops stacks off at peoples desks, and person A might end up with the oldest, but person B has the second oldest, who are getting processed at the same time as person A, and person C is faster than person A and B and so their stack of third oldest applications get done faster, and etc etc. It's a big cluster F in the end, with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I'd sure love to see the CIC office one day...I feel like most of us Canada Visa forum people could do the job just as well as CIC sometimes, haha. :)