13-07-2015 - Off to Ottawa IP: Oct-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Nov-26-2015
Ineffable said:
Landed today at the Rainbow Bridge at Niagara!

My spouse and I took a train in from Toronto since we don't have a car and neither of us wanted to drive/incur the stress. So, we crossed the bridge on foot, returned back to Canada, and waited over 2 hours before we were seen by a CBSA agent.

It seems that in the hierarchy of who gets seen first, landings are last. ;) We watched an entire room fill up and then empty before my name was called. This is why I always pack snacks. :p

For anyone planning on crossing at that location—unless someone else recently did it and has a differing timeline—definitely budget 2 hours or more (and hope for less) at Rainbow Bridge in the middle of the day! Thankfully, I booked the later train back to Toronto.

The CBSA agent was really friendly and thorough. She also pointed out that I may not be able to use my COPR to return to Canada via flight/airport unless cleared by the airline. I'm headed home to FL for Christmas—sooner than my PR card will arrive—so I'm going to have to call West Jet tomorrow to confirm that I can use my COPR to come back into Canada in January. (She said it was up to airlines.) Otherwise, I'll have to change my flight to Buffalo, rent a car, and drive across the border. COPR is okay for land border crossings but iffy to not permitted with flight. Who knew?

Going to post this in the US Thread too to see if anyone has successfully used their COPR to return to Canada after activating PR via flight.

Hoping next week brings more DMs for the May group!
Thank you, Ineffable. This is helpful to know.

My husband and I are anticipating his papers to be delivered to his house in the next couple of weeks.
On the 19th I fly down to Nebraska to stay with him for the holidays, then, together we will drive to Wisconsin on the 23rd to visit family. From Wisconsin we are flying back together to Toronto on the 27th. - Point is, he will not be traveling with all of his belongings.

I advised it would be a better idea to not change in the COPR at that point, but to return home in the new year, pack the moving truck and come back through the land border with his papers. That way his B4 form is submitted at the time of crossing.

JandAtoC

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-08-2015
AOR Received.
June-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015 - Off to Ottawa IP: Oct-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Nov-26-2015
I wonder why it would matter to the airlines thought. They're main concern is whether or not you have your passport. The COPR should only need to be shown going through customs after you land.

Wal_Abeche

Sep 2, 2015
I just got the passport request email this morning:) I wasn't expecting it this soon but will gladly take it:) My wife ecas still showing in process after the request.

This was posted in the Dakar Senegal forum as well but since i'm a May applicant, i thought it will be a good idea to post here as well:)

I have two questions from that email hoping some knowledgeable person can answer them for me.

1. They requested a marriage certificate with 'Monogamy'. We already submitted our marriage certificate and there is no where on the certificate where it says 'Poligamy' or 'Monogamy'. I am not sure whether they want us to submit a new marriage certificate or just send them a copy with 'monogamy' on it. Maybe this has something to do with me being from a country where certain men have multiple spouses?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JandAtoC said:
I wonder why it would matter to the airlines thought. They're main concern is whether or not you have your passport. The COPR should only need to be shown going through customs after you land.
apparently, some airlines may refuse to issue boarding ticket unless you have visa or "status" to destination country.
I was almost refused to fly back to Seattle from Korea with one-way ticket since I don't have PR in USA. They didn't know Seattle was so close to Victoria that many ppl actually fly from Sea-tac instead of tiny Victoria airport. After showing my Canadian PR and after ticket issuing clerk talked to her supervisor and explained that I parked my car in Seattle and my final destination is Canada, I was able to get the boarding ticket. I have visa exemption to US as well so I have no problem entering US either, but they were really strict.
I don't think that'll be the case for most Americans flying to Canada one-way, but no return ticket back to States can always raise question at the ticket counter.

angipangy

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
IP: 04-08-2015
Med's Done....
04-01-2015
Hi all,

Late May applicant here. Received document request November 24th like many of you. I've emailed them directly with all of my documents. Do you think I need to physically mail them as well?? Or is email enough?..

smoothsailing

May 19, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-06-2015 Spons Apprvd.: 27-07-2015
File Transfer...
11-08-2015 AOR2
Med's Done....
30-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-04-2016
angipangy said:
Hi all,

Late May applicant here. Received document request November 24th like many of you. I've emailed them directly with all of my documents. Do you think I need to physically mail them as well?? Or is email enough?..
Did the document request say mail the documents to ... (physical address) ?

angipangy

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
04-01-2015
smoothsailing said:
Did the document request say mail the documents to ... (physical address) ?
Nope. It is very generic and misleading. It provided an email address throughout the document and a physical mailing address only at the end of the email in the signature. The only thing that I'm worried about is that it says "Do not submit scanned copies of your documents via email" but that was written under the Police Certificate heading, so I'm assuming they are strictly referring to police documentation only? They responded to my email requesting that I make my documents smaller (they have a 5MB limit), so I'm assuming I am ok??

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
angipangy said:
Nope. It is very generic and misleading. It provided an email address throughout the document and a physical mailing address only at the end of the email in the signature. The only thing that I'm worried about is that it says "Do not submit scanned copies of your documents via email" but that was written under the Police Certificate heading, so I'm assuming they are strictly referring to police documentation only? They responded to my email requesting that I make my documents smaller (they have a 5MB limit), so I'm assuming I am ok??
I've seen other people in this thread EMailing documents successfully. The police certificate(s) is the only thing requested in the batch EMail that they really need the original copy of. So in the case of a police certificate you have no choice but to mail it in physically. Everything else could be sent via EMail attachment to the correct address iirc. Include your full name, application number, birthdate, and your UCI.

Sandhu9

Dec 2, 2015
According to 2014 NDVO, November Applicants are still waiting for DM or passport request. Which makes the processing time over a year.

Jbguerchuk

Nov 18, 2015
Hong kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 19,2015
AOR Received.
July 18,2015
File Transfer...
August 17,2015
Med's Done....
Upfront -April 16,2015
Interview........
March 1,2016 refusal letter after 2days; appeal March16 (Vancouver)
Christmas Gift for us..." Desicion Made-" please
> Christmas with my hubby will be the best Christmas gift from above
#Goodvibes

angipangy

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
04-01-2015
JamesinCanada said:
I've seen other people in this thread EMailing documents successfully. The police certificate(s) is the only thing requested in the batch EMail that they really need the original copy of. So in the case of a police certificate you have no choice but to mail it in physically. Everything else could be sent via EMail attachment to the correct address iirc. Include your full name, application number, birthdate, and your UCI.
OK that's perfect. Thank you JamesinCanada!!

mrpotatohead

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05MAY2015
AOR Received.
04JUN2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21APR2015
Interview........
IP 09OCT2015
I posted this in the Ottawa and US threads, but I got DM today.
I'm a US citizen, initially sponsored by my common-law partner, though we got married two months ago (and sent all the paperwork to CIC, which may be why our case was behind the slate of DMs from last week?)

In case it's of interest to anyone:

Timeline:
Received: 06MAY2015
AOR: 04JUN2015
SA: 06JUL2015
IP: 09OCT2015
Married: 17OCT2015
Batch email: 23OCT2015
Replied: 29OCT2015
DM: 03DEC2015

Now I await my COPR. It will be coming to our Vancouver, BC address. :)

stardt

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-29-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Good morning May people,

My partner officially landed last night! It's the best!

Here's our timeline
App received May 29
SA July 27
In Process August 6
Decision Made November 5
COPR Received November 30
Landed December 2 at Pacific Highway border crossing in Surrey, BC

The landing was easier and less scary than anticipated! Mostly it was just rigamarole and questions about importing stuff. She asked how much money was my wife carrying but that was the only question that wasn't about importing stuff (including exporting the car potentially and importing a bunch of hunting rifles that she has)

Hoorayyy!

Nov 20, 2015
Good evening everyone, People are posting timelines, so i thought i would post mine. Still waiting on my COPR, the waiting is dreadful :'(
US Application OUTLAND May 2015
We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2015.
Sponsor Approval July 31
We started processing your application on August 3, 2015
Medical results have been received.
"Decision Made" November 21, 2015

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Congrats everyone on their DM's and landings! :) Thanks for keeping us updated with timelines, this helps a lot.