Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Rene said:
An update for those like me who submitted the incorrect OWP fee. I submitted my inland spouse and OWP (with $100 instead of $255) on May 26, 2015 and have not heard anything at all, no AOR, no OWP (understandable), and no returned application. I didn't try to send OWP again as I was already out of status when I realized.

The one consolation is that I can see my case has been received on ECAS, as I have my unique client number from my expired IEC open work permit.

CIC has told me over the phone I just need to wait for their instructions and that if my OWP is returned I will be given a chance to rectify my lack of status. It is still within the four month timeframe, so fingers crossed I hear something in the next couple of weeks.

B4bow or anyone else have any updates?
Hi Rene,
how does it go? any new instructions? i know how it feels when we just have to wait for a feedback while we kinda worry about our own status. Hope you get a feedback soon.

In my case, it seemed to me that the Case Specific Enquiry online provided me at least a reply saying that the docs I had attached to my enquiry has been added to my case. It was the only kinda personal case specific touch I found so far from any correspondence from CIC except the actual OWP with my own data which I received in hand . There was no letter or anything attached with the permit at all.

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Sarim said:
my timeline ;D

Category........: FAM
Med's Request: Upfront
Med's Done....: 23-05-2015
App. Filed.......: 31-05-2015
Recvd courier....02-06-2015

Waiting for CIC confirmation :(
I believe that you are having your application applied Outside Canada. Please be aware that this thread is for INLAND Spousal Sponsorship May 2015 applicants. So the timeline, processing time and procedures of your application should be somewhat different from us.

Joey_Vic

Jan 15, 2015
Yea I submitted a follow up OWP as the agent I spoke with asked me to do...but am being patient and hoping they send me the approved OWP soon....

Detoye

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi b4bow, i got ur message.. So everytn is fine thanks for ur concern.. I just have to check with my lawyer and see what he gotasof today cos have been so busy lately.. I havent chk at all.

Rene

Jun 14, 2015
b4bow said:
Hi Rene,
how does it go? any new instructions? i know how it feels when we just have to wait for a feedback while we kinda worry about our own status. Hope you get a feedback soon.

In my case, it seemed to me that the Case Specific Enquiry online provided me at least a reply saying that the docs I had attached to my enquiry has been added to my case. It was the only kinda personal case specific touch I found so far from any correspondence from CIC except the actual OWP with my own data which I received in hand . There was no letter or anything attached with the permit at all.
Hi B4bow

Congrats on getting your OWP! Makes me so happy to hear success stories. I haven't checked this thread until now so I didn't realize.

Nothing has happened in my case. I called CIC today and they said they would said a case enquiry to the processing area as it has been four months.

Can I ask what happened when your OWP was returned? What did they say, what instructions did they provide, did they say you were out of status, or provide instructions on how to restore your status? I strongly believe they will return my OWP. I didn't send another (complete) OWP application or the remainder of the fee before my previous work permit expired, so I don't know if I will be in the same situation as you or Joey. I hope now that CIC has an email they will return my OWP soon, at least then I can take some action and feel less helpless!

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
b4bow said:
my case is a bit complex as well.
I got the returned OWP package from CPR-M on Aug 11, then I sent it back with the additional $155 receipt plus the letter which I wrote to explain that I also sent a copy of the OWP to CPR-V in June after I had found out I only paid $100 in my original PR + OWP in May.

My visitor status was expired on June 13, and I have been thinking if I should apply for restoration of status before Sept 12. I called the CIC help line but not able to get through with any operator answered me. So I sent a case enquiry on the CIC on the CIC website and hope that it will be answered in about 10 days as my case has actually exceeded the processing time.I did not receive any AOR for my PR and I have no identification number or UCI number to check my application status online, so I also asked if both of my applications are being processed in my enquiry. Fingers crossed. I am just tired if not worried or devastated.
the above was what i did Rene

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4bow said:
Thanks Joan. I found out that there won't be any application status for OWP if we applied in papers. As i know, there will only be updated application status for those OWPs applied online. There is no in-between correspondence such as email or mail from CIC for any OWP application at all except those cases that CIC returned the incomplete applications and asked for resubmittion.

For the eCAS status online, it just stated that my PR application was received. I wish it was like yours that said In Progress and gave me a clearer explanation of what stage it is or what has been doing. Oh well, I hope it will be in progress soon and not just be sitting there. With the UCI given on the OWP, I am glad that at least i know it is there and I can relate any change or update of my case to CIC directly.
Hi! Sorry for the late reply. My husband actually got his OWP back in august. He's the applicant and I'm the sponsor. The sponsorship is the one in progress whereas his application for permanent residency still shows as received. There has been no changes on ecas since lol

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi guys,

I hope everyone here is doing well! I think I forgot to update everyone, but I ended up getting my work permit in August and am back at work now! So relieved that it came through and allows us to live a nearly normal life whilst waiting for PR - it's strange, after months of stressing and then finally being back to work, I'd almost forgotten that I was still waiting for that as well!!

Rene

Jun 14, 2015
An update from me too.
I received my OWP in mid December 2015, almost 7 months after my application was lodged.
My application was not sent back and I was not requested to pay the remaining $155 that I failed to include with my application. I was just sent an OWP with no letter attached. I don't know how this could be unless they took the remaining fee out of the optional permanent resident fee I paid with my spouse visa application.

For those interested, more detailed info:
I was actually told by CIC call centre in mid October 2015 that my OWP had been granted at the beginning of October and that it was sent to my current address. I was shocked, and a little bit unsure whether to believe it, considering I had only paid $100 with my application. I called back the next day to get more information and was told, in a very rude tone, by a CIC officer that if I had been told it was granted then he wouldn't look up my case again and that the letter could take 6 weeks to arrive, and not to call back before then.

I went overseas shortly after and when I returned in November (with my spouse), I had not received my OWP but I told the border agent I had been advised it was granted. The border agent told me he could not see that any OWP had been granted. He indicated it was not worth calling CIC and granted me a Tourist visa instead.

I then called CIC the next day, to be assured that I did have a work permit granted in early Oct, that the border agent just would've have been able to see it because the case was now considered 'closed'. This person I spoke with told me my OWP was sent to my old address, and she would request to have it sent to my current address (I had updated this 3.5 months ago), which would take 2-3 weeks. I received it about 4 weeks later, however the grant date was now late November, not early October like I had been originally told. Maybe they had to grant it again, I am not sure. But after this long process I am relieved I have an OWP in my hand. It is only valid until when my passport expires, hopefully I will be eligible for another work permit then and the process will be smoother next time.

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Well, how's everybody's progress?

It was weird that I finally received the AOR email on Jan 21, 2016. Oh well, I have been checking my application status online using the UCIs that I got from my OWP and my hubby's old docs. So the pdf letter was no particular use except that it was an official correspondence from the CIC.

I also got my second OWP from the CIC this month. It was so weird.

Not sure if those things were all the updated automatic processes from the CIC for the new year 2016, but they at least showed that CIC has been having something going on. Just hope that there will be more good news coming up while we are waiting with our OWPs.

Detoye

Star Member
May 28, 2015
HI All good to be back here again after a short break... I just want to know if is okay for me to travel to US while my inland application is still in process. I totally understand is a big risk but what if I already have a kid with my sponsor and also am using my PGWP which is still valid till 2017. could that be enough reason for me to re-enter as am going for 4 days?

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Detoye said:
HI All good to be back here again after a short break... I just want to know if is okay for me to travel to US while my inland application is still in process. I totally understand is a big risk but what if I already have a kid with my sponsor and also am using my PGWP which is still valid till 2017. could that be enough reason for me to re-enter as am going for 4 days?
Sorry for my late reply, Detoye.
I just know that there is always a risk leaving Canada while the inland application is still in process. I won't dare to in my case.

I haven't checked back for a while, and it is good to see that the Feb 2015 applicants has been granted their approvals. Finger crossed.

Good luck to all of us.

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Just wanna let all of you know. CIC received my application on May 8, 2015 and I was landed in an landing interview@ Etobichoke on Sep 23, 2016.

No AIP, no DM letter no nothing. Just one landing interview after providing all docs that CIC requested to submit online.

There was no personal question asked. No need to go out the country and come back.

The officer landed me over the counter. And I officially became a PR since then.

All we needed to do was to pay the $490 fee, passed my hubby's ID for her to check for the address, passed her my current photo, signed the landing paper. That was it and I was landed.

There was also a person from Service Canada there to give us permanent SIN number, so that we do not need to go to Service Canada to apply one.

Very convenient and very easy process.

Thank you for all who have helped me and good luck to all who are waiting.

Detoye

Star Member
May 28, 2015
congratulations B4Bow...am Happy for you...do you know how long it take to get my landing interview after medical is done....cos I just got medical request...thanks