+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
bxnd said:
Thank you! I passed the citizenship test and interview on Wednesday. My timeline was updated in the tracking sheet. The oath is about two months ahead, according to the officer.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 22, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 4, 2015.
We sent you a notice on February 16, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 24, 2016 at 8:30 AM.
You may get the Oath letter before two months, I did my test last week (Scarborough), the officer told me that I will get the oath letter between 2 to 4 months, but I got the invitation this week :) Thank you dear officer :-*

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Not sure if everyone knew this link already
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
that's where I check the ceremony date and that's how I know my time even before ECAS update
Hope it helps.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats folks for the test and oath :). Glad that we all are moving on..

I got the test invite yesterday. Its scheduled for March 16th. Any recommendations on study material beyond the discover Canada book?

Jassi_cool1980: Do we have to get fingerprint? Where and how? I didn't get anything about this in the letter. Can you please advise? Best wishes for your test!!

Cheers mates!!

jassi_cool1980 said:
i got my test invite for 14th march , just did my fingerprint today as well.

bxnd

Oct 5, 2015
nubee said:

I got the test invite yesterday. Its scheduled for March 16th. Any recommendations on study material beyond the discover Canada book?

Jassi_cool1980: Do we have to get fingerprint? Where and how? I didn't get anything about this in the letter. Can you please advise? Best wishes for your test!!

Cheers mates!!
Congrats! If you have enough time, read the Discover Canada book thoroughly. If you don't have that much time you can try the mobile apps downloaded from google play, one of which is called Canadian Citizenship Quiz created by OCASI.

My experience is the questions are easier than expectation. Some questions need only common sense. The chances of getting difficult questions that require memorization - especially those regarding the names, historical facts and timelines - are less than 10%.

Good Luck!

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
nubee said:

Cheers mates!!
i got finger print request before the test letter .

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
nubee said:

Cheers mates!!
congrats, wish you luck on the test.

If you still have more than 2 weeks, than I will suggest you to read through the book couple times but you don't have to memorize everything.
Then go on your local library's website to do the citizenship test (most public libraries offer it) or as other members said, get an app.
I read the book twice, and did a lot of practicing online the night before test and it's all good.
Try to know who's your mayor, MP....etc, just in case.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
nubee said:

Cheers mates!!
Yes, there are many online self testing tools for Canadian Citizenship. However its very important to read few times "Discover Canada" and then you try self testing application "http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test1/" to check your level of preparedness.

Wish you all the best.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your help in pointing me to the test resources. I'll gladly follow your inputs :)

Just a quick thing, do we all get fingerprint notice?

Thanks again. All the very best wishes,

AmandaHsu said:
congrats, wish you luck on the test.

If you still have more than 2 weeks, than I will suggest you to read through the book couple times but you don't have to memorize everything.
Then go on your local library's website to do the citizenship test (most public libraries offer it) or as other members said, get an app.
I read the book twice, and did a lot of practicing online the night before test and it's all good.
Try to know who's your mayor, MP....etc, just in case.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
nubee said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your help in pointing me to the test resources. I'll gladly follow your inputs :)

nope

russ007

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
had our test on 26th Feb (missed the initial test on 3rd Feb), got 20/20 and during interview officer just checked passports, PR card, IDs and COPR, it was very pleasant experience.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
nubee said:
Hi everyone,

CIC never asked me the finger print....

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!

russ007 said:
had our test on 26th Feb (missed the initial test on 3rd Feb), got 20/20 and during interview officer just checked passports, PR card, IDs and COPR, it was very pleasant experience.