+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

asdsd

May 31, 2015
Finally...got the Oath invite for 11th March @ 10:00 am (Calgary). Ecas also updated same day as I received the letter.Surprisingly the ceremony is not in downtown Harry Hays building (CIC office), but in a school:

Braeside School, 1747 107 Ave SW, Calgary

Has anyone else from Calgary received the same venue?

I can't update the sheet...someone appears to have modified the settings. My time line is:
Application sent: 29th May 2015
Received: 2nd June
AOR: 24th July
In process: 25th August
Test: 12 th Nov
DM: 2nd Jan 2016
Oath: 11th March, received letter on 11th Feb, dated 8th Feb.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Cairo said:
Well, thanks. I received my health records by mail. A few pages with records that cover almost every month of my stay in Canada. I have a long history of hospital treatments and doctor visits. Do you think that this is a solid proof for the CIC of my presence in Canada?

I have also asked someone, which is a pain, to obtain the movement records from my country to verify the CBSA records and my residency calculator and my passport stamps.

I will supply those documents, together with all other supporting documents. Perhaps a shoebox will be a good container for that :)

I was promised 3 months processing for the RQ thing, so it is not too bad, yet!

Thanks again.

Your frustration is quite understandable, compiling, sending tons of proof for RQ is cumbersome and laborious process. Unfortunately the CIC puts the burden of proof on the candidates.

Record of visits to doctors, can be obtained from Ministry of Health by providing Health Card details. I guess you can request thru their website, ministry send records on request. Its strong proof of your physical presence in the country.

If you need some more time to gather all these documents, write a letter to CIC, local office informing them about the same to avoid your files been considered as abandoned. Knowing CIC, we have to be extra cautious.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Hey guys,
I've been gone for a while.
Did Miriam got her citizenship yet?

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
My journey is all over; I just got back from the citizenship ceremony held at Calgary this morning. Thanks to the community here, good luck, and best wishes to all!

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Your frustration is quite understandable, compiling, sending tons of proof for RQ is cumbersome and laborious process. Unfortunately the CIC puts the burden of proof on the candidates.

Record of visits to doctors, can be obtained from Ministry of Health by providing Health Card details. I guess you can request thru their website, ministry send records on request. Its strong proof of your physical presence in the country.

If you need some more time to gather all these documents, write a letter to CIC, local office informing them about the same to avoid your files been considered as abandoned. Knowing CIC, we have to be extra cautious.
I am almost done with all the documents required. We filled in the 3 RQ"s. A couple of more documents will be ready this week and I should be able to mail the RQ's out next week. It was not too bad of an experience, after all. I had all documents archived in order and just printed/copied or downloaded when needed. So, I am looking at 2 weeks overall time to get the RQ paperwork ready for a family of 3.

You are right. Health records, in my case, is a brilliant idea. I have a long history with hospitals and doctors' visits. I received a beefy record that covered most of my residency days till present.

It'll all pass and we'll be laughing at those times, once wasted, gathering "documents".

OAF

Jul 7, 2015
I had my oath ceremony today in Montreal. A very pleasant experience.

I am grateful the journey has come to an end.

Good luck for the rest of you who haven't had their ceremony yet.

bxnd

Oct 5, 2015
Finally Toronto office starts to work! Received notice of citizenship test yesterday to write on Feb 24. I have only one week to prepare for the text.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
bxnd said:
Finally Toronto office starts to work! Received notice of citizenship test yesterday to write on Feb 24. I have only one week to prepare for the text.
Congrats !!!, Dont worry, read few times the "Discover Canada" from CIC website, take some online mock Canadian Citizenship Test few times to brush up knowledge. (Here is one site : http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/)

Please share your time line. Wish you all the best.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Bigudi said:
Hey guys,
I've been gone for a while.
Did Miriam got her citizenship yet?
She got her citizenship and passport , and she right way moved to the states. she wants to run as vice president with ted Cruz.
Blow find the link for feb 2016 USA green card applicants.
Ari

:p

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ari5323 said:
She got her citizenship and passport , and she right way moved to the states. she wants to run as vice president with ted Cruz.
Blow find the link for feb 2016 USA green card applicants.
Ari

:p
Ari is right: I left Canada literary the day after I got my passport.

And then I came back a week later, because I'm a Canadian academic, with responsibilities in the country. :p

asdsd

May 31, 2015
Anyone having oath ceremony in Calgary on 11th March @ 10 am....the venue is Braiside school in SW...strange...normally it's in CIC office in downtown building.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
asdsd said:
Anyone having oath ceremony in Calgary on 11th March @ 10 am....the venue is Braiside school in SW...strange...normally it's in CIC office in downtown building.
Normally when there are large number of candidates invited for Oath, CIC conducts such event at bigger premises.

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
And the wait is over.... Oath Ceremony in 2 Weeks .... Super Happy...

Thanks all for your support during this transition...

Good Luck to all..

;D ;D ;D

tidebreaker

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, received my citizenship certificate at the ceremony held in Calgary on the 17th.
Thank you to everyone here.
And good luck on the new chapter in our lives...