may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its strongly recommended you treat your and your wife RQ's as TWO separate cases and respond with complete set of copies with each, though under ONE SINGLE package.

Assume if your and your wife files are to be handled by two different officers. File which has copies will be processed & one with which its NOT attached will be delayed. Avoid any confusion, dont take any chances in your own best interest.

RQ means the files will be considered "NON-ROUTINE" with processing time is 36 months + yet without any guarantee of approval.

If you think the RQ 's were because you had less than required number of minimum days. Now you both are eligible under the new rules, got 1460 days. Consider withdrawing your applications and re-apply under new rules. As waiting that long is not worth at all.
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its strongly recommended you treat your and your wife RQ's as TWO separate cases and respond with complete set of copies with each, though under ONE SINGLE package.

Assume if your and your wife files are to be handled by two different officers. File which has copies will be processed & one with which its NOT attached will be delayed. Avoid any confusion, dont take any chances in your own best interest.

RQ means the files will be considered "NON-ROUTINE" with processing time is 36 months + yet without any guarantee of approval.

If you think the RQ 's were because you had less than required number of minimum days. Now you both are eligible under the new rules, got 1460 days. Consider withdrawing your applications and re-apply under new rules. As waiting that long is not worth at all.
Canadiandesi2006: This would be ridiculous, having to copy everything more than once (3 times in my case). Believe it or not, my daughter, who never left the country and is a university student got an RQ with us. My wife and I, each left for 40 days and 57 days respectively, with perfect residency calculator and more than sufficient required presence in Canada.

The officer was ASSURING that our file was intact - which it is - and perfect and that we were to wait for the oath invitations. He needed no further documents when I clearly asked him. Then he calls me at home!!!

Been up all night piling up the paperwork. Almost done. Hopefully another day and will send them the big box!

Thanks.

Taro

Apr 9, 2009
Finally I got it too...
Test invitation on February 16th at Scarborough.
In process since sept 16.
But I have a question, I applied for my minor/daughter too, her status doesn't say anything about interview or anything. Shall I take her with me for her physical presence or her documents for verification??

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Cairo said:
Canadiandesi2006: This would be ridiculous, having to copy everything more than once (3 times in my case). Believe it or not, my daughter, who never left the country and is a university student got an RQ with us. My wife and I, each left for 40 days and 57 days respectively, with perfect residency calculator and more than sufficient required presence in Canada.

The officer was ASSURING that our file was intact - which it is - and perfect and that we were to wait for the oath invitations. He needed no further documents when I clearly asked him. Then he calls me at home!!!

Been up all night piling up the paperwork. Almost done. Hopefully another day and will send them the big box!

Thanks.
Consider your daughter been in country all these years, yet the CIC issued her RQ. This itself prove we are dealing with weird bureaucrats.

Do you think if you send them ONE common set of doc's for all 3 family members, the CIC would be satisfied ?

They might consider it received documents for ONLY one applicant and yet to receive response for the remaining two.

Why do you want to take a chance and give them an excuse to delay the process. I know its pain in the neck but then ::)

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
This is my wife's time line from Scarborough office!! After a long wait, Oath was super fast :) in 2 weeks!!!!
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 13, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 19, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on July 3, 2015.
4.We sent you a notice on January 14, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5.We sent you a notice on February 4, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Consider your daughter been in country all these years, yet the CIC issued her RQ. This itself prove we are dealing with weird bureaucrats.

Do you think if you send them ONE common set of doc's for all 3 family members, the CIC would be satisfied ?

They might consider it received documents for ONLY one applicant and yet to receive response for the remaining two.

Why do you want to take a chance and give them an excuse to delay the process. I know its pain in the neck but then ::)
Well, thanks. I received my health records by mail. A few pages with records that cover almost every month of my stay in Canada. I have a long history of hospital treatments and doctor visits. Do you think that this is a solid proof for the CIC of my presence in Canada?

I have also asked someone, which is a pain, to obtain the movement records from my country to verify the CBSA records and my residency calculator and my passport stamps.

I will supply those documents, together with all other supporting documents. Perhaps a shoebox will be a good container for that :)

I was promised 3 months processing for the RQ thing, so it is not too bad, yet!

Thanks again.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
wenbee222 said:
I just got my oath letter Feb 3 test, Feb 30 oath ceremony.....happy
Congrats!! But I don't think we have a February 30. Double check your date!

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013
Hi All,

I see this update under my case:

We sent you a notice on January 11, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I didn't receive any notes, so called CIC and they told me that appointment was cancelled and the CIC office will schedule another appointment :(

its Scarborough office

Have anyone seen this before.

rfirmeza

Jul 8, 2015
Yes, I did apply with 975 days. And might as well submit two different packages, I am scanning everything I will send, so it won't be as bad.

I was issued RQ after test/interview and the officer mentioned she would review the documents.

The only thing I can say is hope for the best.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
rachiy said:
Congrats figgy!
I was on the 2012 PR through Sydney page with you... it is nice to see your name again.
All the best :)
Hi Rachiy! I remember your name too! great to see you on here and congrats!! cool to see we are on similar timelines again :)

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
My wife finally got her invite for the oath. The oath is this Friday, February 12th, at the Glen Erin location in Mississauga.

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
nexxus007 said:
My wife finally got her invite for the oath. The oath is this Friday, February 12th, at the Glen Erin location in Mississauga.
Below is her timeline:

1. Application received - May 21, 2015
2. AoR sent - July 15, 2015
3. Started processing - September 3, 2015
4. Date of test - December 1, 2015
5. Decision Made - December 3, 2015
6. Oath - February 12, 2016

15may2015

Jun 4, 2015
Hello,
We just got oath invite which is on 23Feb in Hamilton, but we only got three letters missing one for my younger one 7 years old.I
Tried to call cic but everything is recorded there don't know which ext. should I press to talk to someone regarding this matter.
Please help....

Thanks

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
15may2015 said:
Hello,
We just got oath invite which is on 23Feb in Hamilton, but we only got three letters missing one for my younger one 7 years old.I
Tried to call cic but everything is recorded there don't know which ext. should I press to talk to someone regarding this matter.
Please help....

Thanks
From the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/ceremony/schedule/notification.asp
==============================
Accommodating the ceremony’s minor attendees

Applicants under 14 years of age are not required to attend the ceremony, but on occasions, CIC officials may receive a call from a parent of a non-accompanying minor under 14 who has already received his/her certificate package directly from CPC Sydney but wishes to attend a citizenship ceremony and be presented with his/her citizenship certificate. In this instance, CIC officials make the necessary arrangements with the family to include the child in an upcoming ceremony event. The family will be reminded to bring the child’s certificate package to the office on the date of the ceremony.

If minors under 14 years of age do not come to the ceremony, their certificates are given to the parent(s) taking the oath.

For minors 14 years of age or older, whose parent(s) applied for citizenship at the same time, the parent(s) must take the oath before or at the same time as the minor. A minor cannot become a citizen before his or her parent.
==============================
I think this is why your 7 year old might not have received a letter.

wenbee222

May 14, 2015
I submitted my application in May, had test on Feb 3, decision make on Feb 5, got an oath letter on Feb 8, oath ceremony on Feb 20 in mississagua of U of T.