+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Lego

May 10, 2015
ag_tou said:
Lego,

But 15 Feb is holiday in Alberta - Family day.
Family Day February 15, Monday (Feb 8 in BC) BC, AB, SK, ON
Thanks ag_tou.
Hmmm... I never noticed about it till saw your note. My Ecas is showing Oath on Feb 15 @ 1 pm. Seems they are working on Family day too as I can see couple of sessions schedule. Still waiting letter in mail box.

Lego

May 10, 2015
ag_tou said:
Lego,

May be because Family Day is not a national statutory holiday and not applicable for CIC ......

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
ag_tou said:
Lego,

Federal government employees do not get Family Day off as it's a provincial holiday.

yivet

Jun 26, 2015
Hi guys. Question for you. How many family members and friends can go with me for the oath ceremony? Thanks.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Folks,
Tomorrow the 26th is a great day.

*************5 of our members****************
Are going to have their Oath, and become Canadians

Thanks to the lord.

And a personal word for our member Mitiam :

Miriam, we are all happy and excited for you.
מחר tomorrow , is your day.

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed the test 20/20 and interview.....

Waiting for Oath Ceremony invite now .....

Feels great...

Thanks all for your support through this phase ...

;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

andrewtoronto

Jul 30, 2015
Air1220 said:
FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed the test 20/20 and interview.....

Waiting for Oath Ceremony invite now .....

Feels great...

Thanks all for your support through this phase ...

;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations what was your local office

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just became a Canadian citizen today at Montreal citizenship ceremony. Will be applying for the passport tomorrow under regular processing (in-person deposit).

As for the entire process, the timeline is mentioned in the signatures.

As for what happens in a citizenship ceremony, first off, you will be receiving your oath ceremony envelope with the invitation letter, form for no criminality/terrorism etc involvement that you have to sign off on, consent for you to be photographed at the ceremony and for CIC to use your or your family members' pictures at their volition.

Once you reach your center for oath ceremony, your guests and you will be asked to occupy seats in different areas but in the same room with the guests ushered in first. The would-be citizens will then be asked to line themselves outside the ceremony room (divided by the numbers mentioned on the invitation right below the address of the ceremony). Your documents (the ones that you were mailed with your oath invitation) will then be checked and you will be asked to sign on the "affirmation of oath". Do these things and then you will be given couple of booklets with the pledge and the anthem written in both English and French. Once done with this, you will be asked to occupy seats with your "invitation number" (the numbers mentioned on the invitation right below the address of the ceremony).

You will have to wait till everyone is sitting and then the citizenship judge enters. The judge will then ask all the oath takers to stand up on their seats and repeat the oath (both in French and English, feel free to read it from the packet that you get right before entering the room). Once the oath is affirmed by everyone, you will then be called to the front 1 family at a time and given your citizenship certificates wherein you can click photographs with the judge. You will then have to wait till all the certificates are distributed which took 1 hour for 340 people at the Montreal ceremony today.

In totality, it took 2.5 hours for the entire process to be over.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting or have their oath ceremonies scheduled soon.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I had my ceremony today as well.

fsidki

Mar 29, 2015
Hi Folks,
My friend is going to write the test next week and I give him the Citizenship Study lecture link which I used when I was giving my test, But he said VCRC lecture video`s are not available now.

Do you know any other lecture link, Please kindly share...Thanks!