Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
ari5323 said:
CHICLOO. Let me share a top secret with you. How to get your oath invite Asap .

There is only one way to get the invite
1. Plan a trip.
2. Ask everybody if tof buy a ticket or not.
3. Buy and pay for the ticket.
4. Pay hotels and accommodation for the trip.
5. Get a letter inviting you to Oath, and lose the money of the non-refund ticket :p :p
Works every time.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
CHICLOO. Let me share a top secret with you. How to get your oath invite Asap .

There is only one way to get the invite
1. Plan a trip.
2. Ask everybody if tof buy a ticket or not.
3. Buy and pay for the ticket.
4. Pay hotels and accommodation for the trip.
5. Get a letter inviting you to Oath, and lose the money of the non-refund ticket :p :p
I actually did that for mine and you are right. CIC has some direct link to our travel plans. My case Oath invite came 3 days after I booked and had to apply for emergency passport as my travel date was 2 days after that.

So I may have to book a trip for my wife and then she will get her Oath invite.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
chikloo said:
I actually did that for mine and you are right. CIC has some direct link to our travel plans. My case Oath invite came 3 days after I booked and had to apply for emergency passport as my travel date was 2 days after that.

So I may have to book a trip for my wife and then she will get her Oath invite.
murphys law :D :D

OAF

Jul 7, 2015
Hello all,

My application is in Montreal office. I had my test on Nov 12th.

Today, I noticed this new line:

We sent you correspondence on December 9, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Is that like a residence questionnaire or a lighter version of it? Did any one have similar experience or know what it means?

Thanks in advance.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
OREN,
Wowowowowo you are so lucky Dec 30 wow
What a great Xmas gift !
Congratulations for your Oath invite. And I know the secret, you ordered and paid for a trip , right :p :p
Ari

Chicloo , Miriam!
You better be ready for your party soon.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
OREN,
What a great Xmas gift !
Congratulations for your Oath invite. And I know the secret, you ordered and paid for a trip , right :p :p
Ari

Chicloo , Miriam!
I have booked a trip to Vegas from Dec 15 to Dec 26. Now I think CIC will have got the plan. Lets see if they waste $800 of mine.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
OREN,
What a great Xmas gift !
Ari

Chicloo , Miriam!
Where did you see ORENs invite on tracker?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
chikloo said:
Where did you see ORENs invite on tracker?
Shhh don't tel nobody , my grandmama has connections to the high people in CIC :p

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was gonna post something last night but my iPad runout of battery lol. My sister said she saw the pink letter Wed or Thurs, I didn't know and she didn't tell me then my eldest sis told me about it Friday night lol... And no I haven't bought any tickets, I don't want to take chances, but I wouldn't be able to get my passport between Jan3-5 when I'm planning on doing last min deal or I might just not do it at all, saves me money hehe specially now I have to save every penny, you know why Ari. So anyway my oath date is on Dec30 at 8:30 which is odd because it's always 9:30 if you check the schedule. Dec30 is my town's fiesta back home and my baptism anniversary :)

PS: Ari you're always on top of things, you see everything ;)

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
oren said:
Was gonna post something last night but my iPad runout of battery lol. My sister said she saw the pink letter Wed or Thurs, I didn't know and she didn't tell me then my eldest sis told me about it Friday night lol... And no I haven't bought any tickets, I don't want to take chances, but I wouldn't be able to get my passport between Jan3-5 when I'm planning on doing last min deal or I might just not do it at all, saves me money hehe specially now I have to save every penny, you know why Ari. So anyway my oath date is on Dec30 at 8:30 which is odd because it's always 9:30 if you check the schedule. Dec30 is my town's fiesta back home and my baptism anniversary :)

PS: Ari you're always on top of things, you see everything ;)
Oren,
You are right, 830 am is very early, my ceremony is 830 as well.
Seems they created new scheduled ceremonies to Finnish fast their backlog.
Now I have to ask my neighbors to knock on my door 6 am, so I can catch the 715 soubway to get there on time.
Oren, the whole May2015 group is happy for you, and we keep our fingers crossed for the rest of of our friends to get their Oath invitation soon.
Ari

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladies and gentlemen. I received my test invitation I just have a question tho for those that have gone thru the interview process; How likely are the chances that the interviewing officers would ask for a lease agreement/ contract?

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm zero, they won't look into your money/bank/lease etc. Congrats!

Mayonnaise said:
Ladies and gentlemen. I received my test invitation I just have a question tho for those that have gone thru the interview process; How likely are the chances that the interviewing officers would ask for a lease agreement/ contract?

Ari, that's my guess as well, maybe from 3 oaths per day the adjust to make it 4 per day. And thanks. Don't be late. Not too sure what semi-formal to wear :3

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I saw the same line from this person, he can most likely be able to answer your question. I did try asking for you.

jimper said:
I have been following and reading all the comments in this forum for a while now and it has been very helpful through this long journey. I just want to post my timeline as I too just received my oath letter. :) Thank you all, and best of luck on your journey to becoming a Canadian Citizen. Have faith.

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 29, 2015.
2- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2015.
3-We started processing your application on June 23, 2015.
4- We sent you correspondence on June 23, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5-We sent you a letter on June 23, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
6- We sent you a notice on September 16, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 7, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
7- We sent you a notice on December 9, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 7, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

OAF said:
Hello all,

My application is in Montreal office. I had my test on Nov 12th.

Today, I noticed this new line:

We sent you correspondence on December 9, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Is that like a residence questionnaire or a lighter version of it? Did any one have similar experience or know what it means?

Thanks in advance.