+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
Hello,

I received a letter from CIC yesterday that requires a entry-exit record from USA. They provided a URL to request the document which is different from I-94 history. I applied and waiting for the reply.

I had the feeling that the delay in decision making is somehow related to my trips to US (five in total, four of them were less than 24 hrs). The funny thing is that the officer in the interview said that my file is OK and nothing is needed!. Now after almost three month, they realized that they need something!.

Here is the URL for your information:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

asdsd

May 31, 2015
Thanks Nope...will wait an see, don't have much of a choice I guess! Aelatar- that is really strange to wait for 3 months and then send you a letter....I had 2 US trips, both by air and lasted for more than 4 days...and as in your case the officer didn't really say anything on that. My guess is that they may be making some other checks because we lived in middle east prior to coming here and the 1st year out of 4 years of assessment period, was spent in middle east and I had significant travel then (Japan, US, Dubai, UK etc.).

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
aelatar said:
Hello,

I received a letter from CIC yesterday that requires a entry-exit record from USA. They provided a URL to request the document which is different from I-94 history. I applied and waiting for the reply.

I had the feeling that the delay in decision making is somehow related to my trips to US (five in total, four of them were less than 24 hrs). The funny thing is that the officer in the interview said that my file is OK and nothing is needed!. Now after almost three month, they realized that they need something!.

Here is the URL for your information:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
Probably something flagged on one of your clearance checks.

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
asdsd said:
Thanks Nope...will wait an see, don't have much of a choice I guess! Aelatar- that is really strange to wait for 3 months and then send you a letter....I had 2 US trips, both by air and lasted for more than 4 days...and as in your case the officer didn't really say anything on that. My guess is that they may be making some other checks because we lived in middle east prior to coming here and the 1st year out of 4 years of assessment period, was spent in middle east and I had significant travel then (Japan, US, Dubai, UK etc.).
Who knows!! I hope I get this document soon.

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody been in a situation as me? My ECAS now shows a 4th line: a notice to take a citizenship oath and ceremony within 2 weeks. The line indicates the date and time for oath but no location. I havent received the letter yet so I'm guessing ill receive and read it on Monday.

My question is, i have not yet taken the written test and ECAS does not show a line saying that i have been invited for a test as well. Is this normal? Are there instances when the oath and written tests are done on the same day?

if somebody can enlighten me that would be much much appreciated.

-Cross posted-

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Mayonnaise said:
Has anybody been in a situation as me? My ECAS now shows a 4th line: a notice to take a citizenship oath and ceremony within 2 weeks. The line indicates the date and time for oath but no location. I havent received the letter yet so I'm guessing ill receive and read it on Monday.

My question is, i have not yet taken the written test and ECAS does not show a line saying that i have been invited for a test as well. Is this normal? Are there instances when the oath and written tests are done on the same day?

-Cross posted-
Which visa office your application is processed in ? My advice is call cic centre urgently first thing on Monday and explain to them your Ecas and they will give you all the information. You could be lucky and have test and oath in the same day it happened before.

Badshah bhai

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Mayonnaise said:

-Cross posted-
It is Gross error committed by CIC. without test it is not possible. Ceremony department is a different department which takes care of Oaths after decision made, while test and interview is done by independent department. so as soon as it will come in there notice they will delete the line.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Badshah bhai said:
It is Gross error committed by CIC. without test it is not possible. Ceremony department is a different department which takes care of Oaths after decision made, while test and interview is done by independent department. so as soon as it will come in there notice they will delete the line.
how do you know that the Oath is run by a different crew ?

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mayonnaise said:

-Cross posted-
Are there instances when the oath and written tests are done on the same day or a couple of days apart? hoping that its not an error.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Mayonnaise said:
Are there instances when the oath and written tests are done on the same day or a couple of days apart? hoping that its not an error.
Yes it happened before for very limited number of members in the forum here. They had test then oath right after the test in the same day.

SHAHRAM56

Jul 22, 2015
Finally we got Oath Date!

Application received (courier) : May 20, 2015
AOR received via e-mail : Oct 19, 2015.
Inprocess : Oct 20, 2015
Citizenship Test Date received :Nov 14,2015
Citizenship Test Date :Nov 30,2015
DM :Dec 1,2015
Oath Date :Dec 21,2015

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
SHAHRAM56 said:
Finally we got Oath Date!

Application received (courier) : May 20, 2015
AOR received via e-mail : Oct 19, 2015.
Inprocess : Oct 20, 2015
Citizenship Test Date received :Nov 14,2015
Citizenship Test Date :Nov 30,2015
DM :Dec 1,2015
Oath Date :Dec 21,2015

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Wow wow wow congratulations It gives me hope. I had DM a month before you.