mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anyhopeforme said:
Hey, we had our test same day! Mine was at 9:30 am
Mine was at 9:30 AM as well ;D ;D

Lets hope Montreal office sends us our oath invites soon.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
mcgill_engr said:
Sent MAY-26-2015
Rec MAY-27-2015
AOR JUL-15-2015
IP JUL-20-2015
Test Invite OCT-26-2015
Test NOV-24-2015 - Montreal. 20/20.
DM NOV-27-2015
OATH TBD

Anyone has a Montreal citizenship office DM to Oath average timelines??
For may applicants it is something like 35 days between the Test and the Oath.

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
For may applicants it is something like 35 days between the Test and the Oath.
Thanks Bigudi. 35 days from my test date will make it a great new year and birthday present 8) ;D

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
mcgill_engr said:
Thanks Bigudi. 35 days from my test date will make it a great new year and birthday present 8) ;D
I hope so. Of course, this is just a tendency. Who know what happens close to holidays? Who knows if anything will change with CIC having to hurry up the Syrian Refugees processes (with good reason)?
But I'd say you have good chances at least to be a Canadian by January.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Hi everyone

Just want to quickly update my situation. I passed the exam today and the officers said I will expect to receive the oath via regular mail or email from within 6 months. I told the officer I'll go to England on middle of May to middle of June. She told me she'll make a note on my application so I will not miss the oath.

A little suggestion for the exam, bring a book or tablet or cellphone with you to kill the time just in case. I was there at 8:30, take me about 5 minutes to finish the test. Then, I waited until 11 o'clock to have my interview.

Anyway, I'm glad it's almost done and wish all the best to all members here.

Waskywaja

Mar 11, 2015
Hi Friends,
Here is my Timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 19 2015.
We started processing your application on September 10' 2015.

I applied from Toronto GTA. Should I be worried now???? Since September 10', I
have not been invited for a Test.

Someone I know who applied 3weeks earlier than me from GTA already took her Test on November 23rd. Is there any one with Similar timeline From GTA?

Pls advice.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
AmandaHsu said:
Hi everyone

Just want to quickly update my situation. I passed the exam today and the officers said I will expect to receive the oath via regular mail or email from within 6 months. I told the officer I'll go to England on middle of May to middle of June. She told me she'll make a note on my application so I will not miss the oath.

A little suggestion for the exam, bring a book or tablet or cellphone with you to kill the time just in case. I was there at 8:30, take me about 5 minutes to finish the test. Then, I waited until 11 o'clock to have my interview.

Anyway, I'm glad it's almost done and wish all the best to all members here.
Just be careful to not put much faith in the Officer. Keep your eyes open for e-CAs updates, mail and email. People missed their oath because of that.

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Just be careful to not put much faith in the Officer. Keep your eyes open for e-CAs updates, mail and email. People missed their oath because of that.
Quick question Bigudi. I got my test invite via email so should I expect the oath invitation via email as well or will it be via regular mail?

rfirmeza

Jul 8, 2015
Blacky and Tohi (both from Vancouver) I have particular interest in your applications because, by the looks of it, we are the only three applications with less than the minimum required presence days. Tohi has 979 and blacky 900 days. I have 975 and haven't been scheduled a test yet. I noticed you both got scheduled for next week.

Did CIC tell you anything in particular with respect to the presence days? Or did you have any special situation that was addressed to justify the application with less days?

Thanks for any clarification,

rfirmeza

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
mcgill_engr said:
Quick question Bigudi. I got my test invite via email so should I expect the oath invitation via email as well or will it be via regular mail?
I have no idea whatsoever. By the time of my interview I posed that very same question to the Officer (although I got my test invite by regular mail) and he said he didn't know. Could be either.
At the end I got my Oath invite by regular mail, just like my test invite.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waskywaja said:
Hi Friends,
Here is my Timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 19 2015.
We started processing your application on September 10' 2015.

I applied from Toronto GTA. Should I be worried now???? Since September 10', I
have not been invited for a Test.

Someone I know who applied 3weeks earlier than me from GTA already took her Test on November 23rd. Is there any one with Similar timeline From GTA?

Pls advice.
Most of Toronto applicants have not received test invite yet, I applied in May, processing started on July 20, no test yet.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Bigudi said:
Thank you for the reminding. Yes, I keep an eye on mail all the time just in case because I've heard that if you missed the oath, it would be a long waiting for the next one.

asdsd

May 31, 2015
still no DM...test completed on 12th Nov in Calgary?????? I also know few more people in Calgary with similar situation...any idea why???

nope

Oct 3, 2015
asdsd said:
still no DM...test completed on 12th Nov in Calgary?????? I also know few more people in Calgary with similar situation...any idea why???
My wife took 30 days (Edmonton), while mine took 3. I called the help line to ask why, they just said to chill until 2 months had passed, then see what's going on. You're still in the normal processing time.